Game Crashing

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Game Crashing

Post by bluebeariscool »

I have been experiencing the most annoying game crashes today. Is it just me? The first time it happened I reopened the game and it paused with a pop up telling me the game was updating (as it does when we install regular updates) it then crashed a further 4 times. Most frustratingly was that every time it crashed, all the sims became idle and and progress towards the tasks they were doing was lost GRRRR :x :x :x Not ideal when the vast majority are woodworking to complete the latest quest.
I've now set all the sims on their tasks again and im hoping that they stay that way.

I also wonder what was so important to prompt a random update?
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
elephantwearingahat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Game Crashing

Post by elephantwearingahat »

This happened to me on my iPad as well. Uninstall/reinstall did nothing. Lucky I run an Android phone, and that's working fine right now, so hopefully it'll stay that way.
G+: CrimsonYellow

Lvl 52, Christmas '16 Update
HFN: Starter
Haunted: 1 East Oceanside

Built (but not completed): All monuments, Goddess, Arcade, Carnival, Camp, All workplaces
Completed: Romance Island, Snow Park, Restaurant, Mall, Beach
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

I'm not having problems with crashing today, thankfully! I've now finished the quest so that's a relief. The game is still very buggy though. Lots of sims wearing work clothes or no clothes and even one cooking in a snorkelling mask! Also this morning I had several sims collect 1lp for reaching levels in hobbies and these never added to my total. I lost about 10lp I reckon. Oh well, hopefully the bugs will sort themselves out soon.
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
thirsty4souls
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by thirsty4souls »

It happened to me aswell.

Between yesterday and today, the game crashed around 6 times, 2 of them not letting me re-enter to the game and having to download an old version saved to the cloud (god knows why it didn't updated itself since 24 hours ago), making me lose all progress and effort, specially in the woodworking event :(
~ I'm back ~ 🤪
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

Oh dear :( Thankfully my game seems to have returned to normal now. I hope it's the same for anyone else affected.
MissTiquelle
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by MissTiquelle »

My game has started this, but it seems to be after cuddling babies. Constantly crashing, sometimes making sims idle. Grrr. On android phone.
WinkTartanBelle
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by WinkTartanBelle »

Mine has been doing this on pc using bluestacks android emulator, as well as my ipad. Not had it do this yet on iphone. I think the first time was about 2 weeks ago. I have not been able to determine any cause or anything to replicate it on purpose, but did file a report with Firemonkey. It stopped me from being able to build the bungalow on Romance Island :( I uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and the emulator, but no joy.
"Boredom is an affliction of small minds." ~ Wink TartanBelle
SP House = #1 Museum Boulevard (fire pole, stove fire, dirty pool, etc)
Haunted House = #2 Museum Boulevard (dog with frisbee, ghost hunting)
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

WinkTartanBelle wrote:Mine has been doing this on pc using bluestacks android emulator, as well as my ipad. Not had it do this yet on iphone. I think the first time was about 2 weeks ago. I have not been able to determine any cause or anything to replicate it on purpose, but did file a report with Firemonkey. It stopped me from being able to build the bungalow on Romance Island :( I uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and the emulator, but no joy.
Are you running version 0.9.0.4203 of Bluestacks?
I've had no issues with this version.
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

I am using a Samsung Android tablet & have been having the same problems. It began kicking me out about a week ago, but i'd get back in no problems. Then yesterday it kicked me out, and when I returned all my Sims were actually in front of their houses, like when they return from work. I had 10 Sims at one house working on the Woodworking, so it's been a pain in the butt. I had quite a few cooks also doing nothing. I had someone at the campgrounds doing the Survivalist hobby & he was in the parking lot & the 3 deer were also in the parking lot with the park guy. It was so strange. I guess I should submit a ticket. I haven't done that yet.
WinkTartanBelle
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by WinkTartanBelle »

Microdot wrote:
WinkTartanBelle wrote:Mine has been doing this on pc using bluestacks android emulator, as well as my ipad. Not had it do this yet on iphone. I think the first time was about 2 weeks ago. I have not been able to determine any cause or anything to replicate it on purpose, but did file a report with Firemonkey. It stopped me from being able to build the bungalow on Romance Island :( I uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and the emulator, but no joy.
Are you running version 0.9.0.4203 of Bluestacks?
I've had no issues with this version.

My current version shows as 2.0.8.5638 last updated Feb 5, 2016.

My sims get knocked off task and left idle in front of their homes at mailbox. All of them. Had this happen over and over one day. I switched to my alt device (iOS) and sadly had the cloud tell me my game matched and no download was available. That sucketh majorly when you are doing a time-limited event or quest.
"Boredom is an affliction of small minds." ~ Wink TartanBelle
SP House = #1 Museum Boulevard (fire pole, stove fire, dirty pool, etc)
Haunted House = #2 Museum Boulevard (dog with frisbee, ghost hunting)