Romance update on ipad using ios6?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Shona
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Romance update on ipad using ios6?

Post by Shona »

Has anyone downloaded the Romance update with an ipad running ios6?

I'd like to update my second game but have held off because of the message on Firemonkeys, which advises users of ios7 or under to update to the latest ios to avoid crashes. I don't want to do this as I have other apps on this ipad which won't run under ios9 and I want to keep them.
Twistedkitty
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Romance update on ipad using ios6?

Post by Twistedkitty »

I will download it on my old iPad that's running the same update and yours to see if it works. I need to charge it first I'll post if it has worked
Twistedkitty
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Twistedkitty »

I had the game open for about five minutes. Managed a couple of little tasks within a household with two sims, I isn't very stable, it got stuck then the game forced close, the graphics are quite glitchy aswell.
Shona
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Shona »

Thanks so much for doing this for me. I think I'll wait until the next update to see if it's fixed.
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

I'm running Sims Freeplay on my old iPad 2 with IOS6 and 64 GB Ram. I have no issues with the Romance update.
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please
Twistedkitty
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Twistedkitty »

Microdot wrote:I'm running Sims Freeplay on my old iPad 2 with IOS6 and 64 GB Ram. I have no issues with the Romance update.
I ran it on an iPad 1 32gb so maybe that's why it was a bit sketchy on my device.
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

Twistedkitty wrote:
Microdot wrote:I'm running Sims Freeplay on my old iPad 2 with IOS6 and 64 GB Ram. I have no issues with the Romance update.
I ran it on an iPad 1 32gb so maybe that's why it was a bit sketchy on my device.
I think that must be the case. I've found that the game has become a little slower on my iPad with time. It has become more resource consuming.
Shona
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Shona »

Thanks, Microdot, I updated successfully and all seems to be going smoothly. I'm using an ipad mini 16GB. I had the problem with the weather changing every time I went to a house with a pool and the pool cleaners being invisible but fixed it with a restart.

I love this forum. I would have given up years ago without all the help here. Thanks, everyone!
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

Shona wrote:Thanks, Microdot, I updated successfully and all seems to be going smoothly. I'm using an ipad mini 16GB. I had the problem with the weather changing every time I went to a house with a pool and the pool cleaners being invisible but fixed it with a restart.

I love this forum. I would have given up years ago without all the help here. Thanks, everyone!
You're welcome :)
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

I ended up getting an iPad mini because my Gen1 iPad finally completely locked me out of the game. It couldn't get past the loading screen if it even got that far before crashing. I had other things going on besides just an extremely outdated OS though (somehow my trying to buy a preteen through the phone caused problems).

If you can, I'd suggest you'd start saving for a new iPad that can update to the newer iOSes because at some point there will be too many apps that won't work on the older iOSes. The fact that there were other apps I couldn't update (or even download!) is what started me thinking about getting a newer iPad so when SFP locked up I went ahead and bit the bullet.

Good luck with everything!
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update