Timers for timed hobbies suddenly ending

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Lensky
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Timers for timed hobbies suddenly ending

Post by Lensky »

I've been doing two timed hobbies for this past week, the potion brewing and broomstick flying. Some time during the middle of the week I got the prompt that both ended and that I didn't get the prizes. Good thing I saved some hours back and was able to retrieve my game with the correct timer. I did lose a lot of hours and some of my collected items and LPs because of this. :( Thought everything was ok but it happened again 1 and 2 days before my timer was supposed to end. So had to retrieve my saved game again. I've lost a lot of LPs because I had to use them to either speed up or spin. I didn't report because I figured resolution might take much longer and then I'll totally miss out on the timer and prizes. Anyway just wanted to know if anyone else experiencing this? I'm just worried it'll happen again while the onesies event is ongoing.

Sorry for the long post. Just need some advice on this.
Game Center: lensky117
I'm still working on creating my HFN and everything else
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Timers for timed hobbies suddenly ending

Post by glenkatko »

I had the same problem with those exact 2 hobbies. Both 7 day hobbies gave me a message that they had timed out in less than 24 hours each. I submitted a ticket a couple weeks ago for the potion brewing. After reviewing, they awarded me the owl prize. Probably a good thing because I think it took me about 2 weeks to finish the grid., even with using LPs to speed it up. The ticket for the broomstick hobby was submitted Tuesday. They asked for additional information but I haven't gotten a resolution yet. I assume they are probably busy trying to fix the problem with the baby onsie event. Sounds like both of these hobbies have bugs if it happened to both of us.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I've seen many people have trouble with this with any of the hobbies that have a time limited reward.

I would definitely send in a support ticket. All who do say that eventually they were given the reward.

Make sure you select "Hobby Ending Early" in the specific problem section. You know you are not alone when they have your problem listed there!
image.jpg
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Lensky
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lensky »

Ohh.. Ok. Too bad I've already spent all those LPs after retrieving my saved game. Hahaha.. Anyway, thanks for the help. Will make sure to submit ticket next time that it happens to me. :)
Game Center: lensky117
I'm still working on creating my HFN and everything else
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by glenkatko »

Just wanted to update and say that they just awarded me the fantasian cleaning mop with a note saying sorry for all the trouble you've had. And I got 1 for free! I was afraid that submitting 2 tickets in a row would be a problem. Good to know that others have had the same problem.

And a big thank you to everyone on this site that has posted so much helpful information. The game is way more fun for me now than when I played before. I quit when they introduced death because I didn't want to lose all my favorite sims. Thanks to what I've learned here I've been able to easily earn orbs, build everything with them and still save my favorite original sims.
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by HanaV47 »

Edit: Never mind, I still don't know where it should be in the home store, but have managed to find it at Sorcerous Supplies. Yay!

Where does the mop appear in the home store? I just randomly got a popup that I've missed the Fantasian mop, despite the fact that I completed the hobby several hours ago... I swear I saw the mop at the time, but now I can't remember which category it should be in to check if it's still around.
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

HanaV47 wrote:Edit: Never mind, I still don't know where it should be in the home store, but have managed to find it at Sorcerous Supplies. Yay!

Where does the mop appear in the home store? I just randomly got a popup that I've missed the Fantasian mop, despite the fact that I completed the hobby several hours ago... I swear I saw the mop at the time, but now I can't remember which category it should be in to check if it's still around.
It should be at the end of the kitchen tab.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by HanaV47 »

ErinPW wrote:
HanaV47 wrote:Edit: Never mind, I still don't know where it should be in the home store, but have managed to find it at Sorcerous Supplies. Yay!

It should be at the end of the kitchen tab.
Ah there it is, thank you!!
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

HanaV47 wrote:[...]

Ah there it is, thank you!!
You're welcome :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

The magic mop is certainly an appliance I'd like to own. Sort of a medieval version of a Roomba.