Online Store - chit-chat

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Online Store - chit-chat

Post by Thuraya »

ErinPW wrote: 11 Apr 2017, 09:40
Debbilu_7 wrote: 11 Apr 2017, 01:21 I don't think I'll buy these but I was curious whether the sim will keep these on for the Latin dancing the way the activewear stays on for the aerobics.
A member of the German forum said, they still change into the red dress :?
Tried again. I made her change into a new dress before dancing. When they start dancing she changes back to the old red dress:
1491911410380.jpg
The new dresses are beautiful but I must admit that I was a little disappointed to see my dancer change back, probably expected too much for such an old hobby. :roll:
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Has anyone else had packs pop up with no way to look at what's in them? It's an instant decision - buy now or "no thanks." I've had that twice lately - for Green Honeycomb furniture and for White Scandinavian furniture. No little "I" button to look at what's offered, and no way to let it stay in the online store in case you need to think about it.

Has anyone had this, bought the packs, and seen anything new in them? I just clicked "no thanks" for both, but I'm wondering if I passed on something I might've wanted.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

simmare wrote: 11 Apr 2017, 14:31 Has anyone else had packs pop up with no way to look at what's in them? It's an instant decision - buy now or "no thanks." I've had that twice lately - for Green Honeycomb furniture and for White Scandinavian furniture. No little "I" button to look at what's offered, and no way to let it stay in the online store in case you need to think about it.

Has anyone had this, bought the packs, and seen anything new in them? I just clicked "no thanks" for both, but I'm wondering if I passed on something I might've wanted.
These popups usually appear when the offer reaches the end of the period it was available for. You probably had these offers in your store for some days and never checked them because the store icon did not show a number indicating a new offer.

I had the "Green Honeycomb" furniture as well, I think the same offer was called "Plumbob" furniture previously. It was just a set consisting of the old green SP furniture, so it was nothing really new. I saw it in the store by chance, it was not indicated as a new offer.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Thuraya wrote: 11 Apr 2017, 14:57
simmare wrote: 11 Apr 2017, 14:31 Has anyone else had packs pop up with no way to look at what's in them? It's an instant decision - buy now or "no thanks." I've had that twice lately - for Green Honeycomb furniture and for White Scandinavian furniture. No little "I" button to look at what's offered, and no way to let it stay in the online store in case you need to think about it.

These popups usually appear when the offer reaches the end of the period it was available for. You probably had these offers in your store for some days and never checked them because the store icon did not show a number indicating a new offer.

I had the "Green Honeycomb" furniture as well, I think the same offer was called "Plumbob" furniture previously. It was just a set consisting of the old green SP furniture, so it was nothing really new. I saw it in the store by chance, it was not indicated as a new offer.
Well, I had a "flash sale" (my name for it, not theirs) for an item that was not in my store as I had checked it not one hour before. It was for some clothing, and as simmare said, there was no way to look at it, so I passed on it.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Thuraya wrote: 11 Apr 2017, 14:57

Thuraya, thanks. Yes, I did have the Green Honeycomb in the online store for a while, but I think the White Scandinavian was a "flash sale." In either case, it looks like it was probably stuff I already have, so no worries about turning it down.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

ErinPW wrote: 11 Apr 2017, 09:40
Debbilu_7 wrote: 11 Apr 2017, 01:21 I don't think I'll buy these but I was curious whether the sim will keep these on for the Latin dancing the way the activewear stays on for the aerobics.
A member of the German forum said, they still change into the red dress :?
Oh well, thanks for letting me know!
Updated town info in profile
Reshiram
Banned

Movie Maker Tools IAP A Scam

Post by Reshiram »

And may I add False Advertisement.

First off, all You get is the Boom Camera even though it says there's other tools. There isn't. Just the Boom Camera. For a $10 price!

And it's heavily implied in the Description that the Boom Camera is to be used in leveling up your Sims' at the Movie Studio. It isn't. There's only two fun related options and neither increase your Sims Level in the Movie Studio. You can't even use it for the Fan Made Movies Life Dream.

If I were you, I wouldn't buy Movie Maker Tools. it isn't worth the $10 price for one Object that serves basically no Purpose.
mockingbird288z

Re: Movie Maker Tools IAP A Scam

Post by mockingbird288z »

I honestly wouldn't call the Movie Maker Tools bundle a scam. Is it worth the money? No, but it's not a scam.

This bundle would unlock the boom camera for purchase with simoleons in the home store and give you one of each of the other tv's already available in the game for free (they will be in your inventory).

The text description I've seen says, "A Professional Boom Camera and various televisions for your movie making film buff Sims." There's no implication there that the boom camera can be used to level up your Sim's at the movie studio. The Movie Camera that can be purchased with simoleons at the Promotions 'R' Us store does level up your sims in the Filmmaker profession.

My best advice to anyone thinking about buying an online bundle is to research it first. A quick search of "boom camera" on this forum, for example, brings up 3 pages or results and while they aren't all exactly for the boom camera it did lead me to this post that has a info on what it does and this post which shows the boom camera does show up in architect houses - meaning you could have gotten it without spending real money.

The next thing to do if you still aren't sure if something is worth it is simply just ask. We have a topic for online bundles here and lots of long-time players who are more than willing to give their opinion on items in the bundles.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Reshiram
Banned

Penalized for reaching VIP10???

Post by Reshiram »

Level 41, it said "Next Sim Unlocks at Level 44" but after a Purchase, I hit VIP10, so my Sim Count went from 29/29 to 29/30 after getting VIP 10. Here's the Catch: Now it tells me that the next Sim is unlocked at Level 50! Making it back to how many Sims I would've normally at that Level.

The additional Sim Per Town is totally False! Because you ONLY get to add one early, you don't get an extra sim! The Game adjusts itself so you STILL cap out at 34/34. It should be "Additional Sim Unlocked Early" NOT "Additional Sim Per Town"! There's NO 35th or 36th Sim EVEN IF you were to hit VIP10 or VIP15.

Like penalizing you for reaching a VIP Level like "Okay we'll let you add a Sim now even though you're capped but we're taking away your ability to add one at the next Level Milestone, You'll have to wait for the one after that."

Like Firemonkeys wants to Penalize Players for spending ACTUAL MONEY with this Trickery!! >:(
mockingbird288z

Re: Penalized for reaching VIP10???

Post by mockingbird288z »

I'm sure at level 44 you will still get to add your extra sim.

My sim count is 34/34 and I show that my next sim will be unlocked with VIP 10. So there is a 35th sim for VIP 10 but the game isn't gonig to ignore the already existing lock on sims per level.
IMG_1632.JPG

Additionally, level 15 VIP will add 4 additional sims per town making the potential sim count for VIP 15 players 39 sims.

Essentially to get the full use of the extra sims you need to have already unlocked 34 sims. But there isn't any penalty for being VIP 10 or 15.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update