Architect Homes - Holiday Update

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
indiekicks
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Architect Homes - Holiday Update

Post by indiekicks »

I'm also scrapping for parts. Mama needs a new hotub! 8-) :lol:
garishplum
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by garishplum »

New architect homes. Feeling underwhelmed as usual.
Level 55!
GC: garishplum
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

Anything interesting in there? I don't have any free lot to have a look and I'm really curious :-)
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

On large lot there are 8 homes. Most very large, multi story. Lots of windows. (One is a quirky single story house that floor plan looks like a Christmas tree). I thought some were nicely designed. Some but not all have pools or buildings in back lot. Prices for me are 4.9 to 6.9 million simoleans

Small lot has 4 homes, the 4 from large lot that don't have things in back of lot, I think. Price for me 3.2 to 4 million.

I didn't notice any rare items. Whether it would have less rare but expensive things folks are looking for would vary greatly from person to person.

There are lots of empty spaces in rooms.where I'm guessing nicer items were removed by the Firemonkeys. This means we don't get the designer's whole intention, which I think is a shame..
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Here are screenshots of the overview, made on a premium lot. The third and fourth house include four 1x1 palm trees.
Hope, this helps :)
Attachments
IMG_6512.JPG
IMG_6511.JPG
IMG_6510.JPG
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
kikai
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by kikai »

So that explains the empty spaces, decors and kitchen items laying around. I've been wondering how and why they were placed on the floor and not on counters or tables.
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

garishplum wrote:New architect homes. Feeling underwhelmed as usual.
Agreed! I suspect the missing kitchens and baths are homestead and spa items. I just completed a survey and it was all about the architect homes.
Attachments
IMG_0304.JPG
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.
Gwen6275
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Gwen6275 »

I don't know who would pay millions for these new architect homes. Some are nicely designed but not worth what is being asked for them in my opinion. Maybe it's because i only buy architect homes when they have rare items in them but I don't understand why these homes were selected.
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

ErinPW wrote:Here are screenshots of the overview, made on a premium lot. The third and fourth house include four 1x1 palm trees.
Hope, this helps :)
I actually built one of the homes late last night. I was so tired, but I think it was the 3rd one. I thought there were a couple cute ones this time. Much better than the previous homes. The premium lot homes are always so expensive though. I need a nice Christmas home and there was one with some Christmas stuff, but the house wasn't anything great.
Tara2388
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Tara2388 »

mudgenie wrote:
SKatF wrote:
glenkatko wrote:
pinkribbon wrote:A few of them have empty rooms... looks kind of silly. What's the purpose? So we can add our own things?
And the 2 with "porches" have lots of rooms without doors. Also lots of things sitting on the floor that normally have to be placed on something, like a microwave and a cutting board in an almost empty kitchen, and some jewelry boxes.
I was wondering if they originally had some expensive, time limited or no longer available items that were removed by EA. I guess we'll never know unless it happens to a submission by someone on this forum. And most of us aren't submitting homes to keep our profile low.
I think you are right. They are now stripping the houses of the good stuff. There was the house with the glitched trees that had the toddler slide and when they published the house a second time the slide was gone. Since that time there have been no limited time items that I have noticed. :?
Yeah me too. Normally I build a lot of these homes just to get the limited time items in them, but I guess that's not going to happen anymore since the majority of the houses no longer have any of the really good, and really old limited event items. It sucks, but I guess that the developers of the game are catching on to what us players with more simoleans do.
Last edited by ErinPW on 16 Jan 2017, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moderated to reflect the rules.