Ongoing Crashes And Resets

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Ongoing Crashes And Resets

Post by simmare »

I never had this problem before, but it started happening to me over the weekend. I closed all other apps, refreshed wifi connection, etc. The only thing that was different from how I usually play is that I had most Sims occupied - 14 adults doing ice sculpture, 3 teens arcade gaming, one Sim doing dog obedience, 8 preteens diving, and some other actions. Game always crashed when I tried to add another ladder to the diving pool. I wonder if it was all the activity going on that caused the crashes? Crashes and activities cancelled, that is.

I guess I'll wait until everyone's done with their actions to try adding those dang ladders!
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

simmare wrote: 23 Jan 2017, 14:57[...]

I guess I'll wait until everyone's done with their actions to try adding those dang ladders!
There was a bug some time ago that games crashed while adding ladders to pools. It was fixed but seems to be back.

If the game still crashes while your sims are idle, try to place a ladder to a frozen pool. This was the solution in the past.
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

I still have the pool ladder problem on one of my lots if I try to add or move a ladder. It's been like it for months now. As far as I know it's only on that one lot and there's nothing that stands out to me as to why that one didn't get fixed when the rest did. It doesn't really affect my game so much just now so I just leave it. I only use the lot for the diving hobby when I'm grinding for LPs and might get round to demolishing and starting again in the future.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

ErinPW wrote: 23 Jan 2017, 15:10

There was a bug some time ago that games crashed while adding ladders to pools. It was fixed but seems to be back.

If the game still crashes while your sims are idle, try to place a ladder to a frozen pool. This was the solution in the past.
Thanks for tip. I didn't pay much attention last time as I wasn't affected, but I need it now. Never would have thought of doing it while frozen.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

ErinPW wrote: 23 Jan 2017, 15:10

Thanks for the tip, Erin. But having my sims idle worked. I was able to add more ladders to the diving pool so those poor kids aren't always crossing in front of each other.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

Oh! I had this kind of crash too. I eventually gave up on adding an extra ladder (since my pool already had one) when it appeared that everyone could use the same ladder without it affecting the progress of the diving hobby.
EricaSFP
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by EricaSFP »

Did anyone else's game on Android crash just now trying to get the new female baby clothing and furniture bundle from the online store? I just had mine crash 4 times in a row cancelling my Sims' actions and setting my saved progress back 14 hours.
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

My iPhone just crashed again. I came back from doing a 5h neighbor chore and was going to save before I went for the next 5h neighbor chore and I let the screen time out and I'm so absolutely frustrated right now that I don't even want this game anymore.
EricaSFP
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by EricaSFP »

I figured out my issue. It was my email folder. It had over 200 emails in it. As soon as I cleared all but a few important emails out, my game stopped crashing.
EricaSFP
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by EricaSFP »

SKatF wrote: 21 Jan 2017, 17:38
EricaSFP wrote: 21 Jan 2017, 01:58 I tried that and the game crashed lol
Ouch. If you lost it, maybe you could file a ticket with the Firemonkeys?
I did submit a ticket with them about this. I am waiting for a reply but with the amount of tickets they have, it may be awhile before I hear anything but I did finally figure out my issue. It was the email folder on my tablet. 200 plus emails was causing it to run low on memory.