Do I really need professional places?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
DiTori
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Do I really need professional places?

Post by DiTori »

I'm so behind in game as I stopped playing because game seems more hands on than previously. Trying to get back into swing of it now and major change is professional places and market events. Do I really need to focus on building up movie studio, police station and hospital? It's like a totally different game! I do hate to not complete things so it bugs me to see all the locks on places.

This part of game is going over my head! Don't understand at all about specializing. I keep reading various post and it's still not clicking. I just want to decorate, do hobbies and foster relationships. Having to stay with sims at work is crazy!

I tip my hat to those of you who stay the course!
Voted most Active Town by JD Simhouse & Assoc.
Game Center Schotzybleu
HFN original lot
ErinPW

Re: Do I really need professional places?

Post by ErinPW »

Hmm, no, you don't need them. Except you want to play the marketplace events and get some prizes from them.

So if you want to go with it: In the beginning you don't need any specialization. This is only if one of your sims has completed level 6 in his profession. The game will introduce the specialization with a short tutorial, so you'll see what to do.

I think you'll learn how to play the professions and find your way while doing it. We will be here, if questions come up :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
CarrieMae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarrieMae »

It's really up to you whether you want to put the time and effort into the professions. The are the only way to earn the prizes from the marketplace events. The prizes can include new prizes themed to the particular profession (Jumbo TV for the movie studio, for example) - these haven't been seen before and aren't available elsewhere. Then you also have a chance to win items that you missed from a limited time quest, such as the toddler dress-up chest. If you already have all the limited-time prizes, then you will usually end up with prizes that include time extension tokens, LP pets (robo-dog/cat), or LP/SP home store items (fondue set, e.g.). They also offered the reindeer and winter clothing during the Holiday Update (which WP users missed out on).

There are still some discovery quests I have yet to do, plus my mall isn't fully upgraded. There are still some hobbies I haven't unlocked, and my game is "frozen" on the Ghost Hunter quest since I didn't want to advance further towards the death quest. So, my island is largely undeveloped.

In the end, only do the professions if it's something you're interested in and/or you want to have a chance at the Marketplace prizes. We all have our ways of playing SFP.
DiTori
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by DiTori »

Some things never change and reliable ErinPW as always provides good advice! Guess I'll take it slow and figure it out. Thanks as always.

CarrieMae thank you for additional info on prizes. Doesn't feel like I'm missing out on anything don't already have so that's good.
Game Center Schotzybleu
HFN original lot
Ijoyyyyyy
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Ijoyyyyyy »

They have been good for me - seeing as I am late tot he party. When there are the SimTown events, I have been collected items I've missed out on. :D
soybb
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by soybb »

I feel like professions is for people who have completed everything else on the game. It is a LOT of work to put it...
Also it has a quite different play style. You can't leave the game for an hour and come back. You literally have to keep playing for a couple of hours straight. I'm having a hard time keeping up with that so I'm just taking a break from the whole professions thing.
DiTori
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by DiTori »

soybb wrote: 17 Mar 2017, 06:53 I feel like professions is for people who have completed everything else on the game. It is a LOT of work to put it...
Also it has a quite different play style. You can't leave the game for an hour and come back. You literally have to keep playing for a couple of hours straight. I'm having a hard time keeping up with that so I'm just taking a break from the whole professions thing.
I've pretty much completed what i wanted to. Yes yes yes to different game style! Couldn't quite figure it out why I'm so bothered by this. Im trying to get hang of it. Keep sending sims to work then they do whatever and I leave to go decorate or work on relationships and forget about work sims.

Starting to figure out better game plan now that I have better idea of what's going on. Thinking I'll send six sims to work and spend time going back and forth between them instead of only doing one place at a time.

Thanks for input!
Game Center Schotzybleu
HFN original lot