Can sims be recorded as having high levels at more than one job?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
PyroSpazz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Can sims be recorded as having high levels at more than one job?

Post by PyroSpazz »

I noticed that one of my sims, a level 5 teacher, was listed as being at level 1 instead of 0 when there was an Athletics competition being held. I think I had changed this sim from the Athlete to the Teacher career at one point. For the purpose of submitting people into competitions, is it possible to advance someone to max level at one job and then jump them over to a new career and max them out there, so they can be submitted into competitions for either and produce the best outcome?
Kim_Z
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Can sims be recorded as having high levels at more than one job?

Post by Kim_Z »

Unfortunately, once you change that Sims profession, she looses the level/progress of the previous profession. It's best to have different Sims cap off different professions for the sake of the competition centers.
JaneRoettinger
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by JaneRoettinger »

I noticed that thing too. I changed one of my sims from level 2 policeman to filmmaker and he kept his level. I think it's some kind of glitch. I didn't try it with community center.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

JaneRoettinger wrote: 24 Apr 2017, 16:46 I noticed that thing too. I changed one of my sims from level 2 policeman to filmmaker and he kept his level. I think it's some kind of glitch. I didn't try it with community center.
It's not a glitch. They keep some level progress after switching but depending on the level they won't keep all progress.

For example, the professions (not the careers) you can have a level 10 police officer and switch them to something else and then back and they will start at level 6 (IIRC). The same thing happens with the careers.

The key thing is they never stay at the top level when switching, though.

Edit: Just tested it- Careers lose one level progress every time they switch back and forth and professions lose any progress above level 6 and then a level each time after that.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update