Architect Homes - Dance Party Update

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Architect Homes - Dance Party Update

Post by JakeSim »

The castle homes are here lol.
They do look like medieval castles.
Attachments
IMG_20170504_043959.jpg
IMG_20170504_043936.jpg
IMG_20170504_043916.jpg
IMG_20170504_043854.jpg
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

House 8 (pics above) has some of the yellow baby bundle furniture.
Some good LP stuff in most of the houses.
An ice castle for those who still don't have the furniture.
Cottage and haunted house templates.
SimCitySue
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimCitySue »

It's nice to see houses with interesting architecture. I would like to see more houses that are not plain rectangles.
tangerine
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tangerine »

Does anyone have a problem with items from architect homes disappearing when you put them in your inventory? I'm assuming it's because they're special or limited items but it's annoying when the only reason I build these houses is to get stuff I don't have. Like the kitchen counter in house 7 (the industrial looking one with six drawers and rivets on the top). I used to have them in my game a long time ago then at some point they disappeared and now when I build a house with one of them in it, I can't store it in my inventory. You can tell they take the time to remove certain items (based on the fact that some things are sitting on the floor like teapots and toasters). I just wish they'd get rid of everything that's not really included in the house, ya' know?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

tangerine wrote: 04 May 2017, 18:14 Does anyone have a problem with items from architect homes disappearing when you put them in your inventory? I'm assuming it's because they're special or limited items but it's annoying when the only reason I build these houses is to get stuff I don't have. Like the kitchen counter in house 7 (the industrial looking one with six drawers and rivets on the top). I used to have them in my game a long time ago then at some point they disappeared and now when I build a house with one of them in it, I can't store it in my inventory. You can tell they take the time to remove certain items (based on the fact that some things are sitting on the floor like teapots and toasters). I just wish they'd get rid of everything that's not really included in the house, ya' know?
That kitchen counter is a replacement for the chocolatier bench. We don't know why they don't just take the bench out instead of replacing it with an item that won't go into inventory. :roll:

They run a script when replacing items "if this, then this" and that's how we end up with items that can't be placed into our inventory. Like the red piano turning into the black piano and the chocolatier bench turning into the kitchen counter.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
tangerine
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tangerine »

mockingbird288z wrote: 04 May 2017, 19:08
That kitchen counter is a replacement for the chocolatier bench. We don't know why they don't just take the bench out instead of replacing it with an item that won't go into inventory. :roll:

They run a script when replacing items "if this, then this" and that's how we end up with items that can't be placed into our inventory. Like the red piano turning into the black piano and the chocolatier bench turning into the kitchen counter.
Maybe that's the point. They don't want to give us anything for free so they replace special items with other items we can't have. Although, to be fair, that makes Firemonkeys sound sneaky but I don't think they are and I don't mean to imply that they're trying to screw us out of anything.

But that doesn't explain all the items that are sitting on the floor that had to have been on a table or counter or something. Like, for those items was their if/then statement "if this, then nothing"? If that's possible they should just do the same thing for the special things like the chocolatier bench or the piano. Sidenote: what's this about a red piano??? It sounds super cool. I didn't even know there was a black piano let alone a red one!
mockingbird288z

tangerine wrote: 04 May 2017, 19:26

Maybe that's the point. They don't want to give us anything for free so they replace special items with other items we can't have. Although, to be fair, that makes Firemonkeys sound sneaky but I don't think they are and I don't mean to imply that they're trying to screw us out of anything.

But that doesn't explain all the items that are sitting on the floor that had to have been on a table or counter or something. Like, for those items was their if/then statement "if this, then nothing"? If that's possible they should just do the same thing for the special things like the chocolatier bench or the piano. Sidenote: what's this about a red piano??? It sounds super cool. I didn't even know there was a black piano let alone a red one!
I think for the items that we can't place into inventory they just don't pay attention/ don't know. In don't think those items are intentionally left in.

For the items that are just sitting on the floor - probably they were on country homestead furniture. We don't know why they let some of that stuff in the houses but not in all the houses. But I suspect it's because they want people to still use LP on the country homestead event when it comes around again.

There was a RED sponsored community event back in 2014. The community prizes were red versions of some of the Scandinavian furniture and a red piano and a charades game. Because of the contract with Apple they won't be rerunning the event and they can't give the items to anyone who didn't unlock them during the event. Therefore they can't (or aren't supposed) to show up in architect houses. Last year the black piano from the restaurant showed up in an architect house along with the charades game. The black piano couldn't be placed into inventory without disappearing. After a lot of outcry the piano did show up in inventory for anyone who built the house while it was still in it. Now because of all of that there is a black piano as a potential prize for marketplace events.
garishplum
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by garishplum »

mockingbird288z wrote: 04 May 2017, 21:11
tangerine wrote: 04 May 2017, 19:26

I think for the items that we can't place into inventory they just don't pay attention/ don't know. In don't think those items are intentionally left in.

For the items that are just sitting on the floor - probably they were on country homestead furniture. We don't know why they let some of that stuff in the houses but not in all the houses. But I suspect it's because they want people to still use LP on the country homestead event when it comes around again.

There was a RED sponsored community event back in 2014. The community prizes were red versions of some of the Scandinavian furniture and a red piano and a charades game. Because of the contract with Apple they won't be rerunning the event and they can't give the items to anyone who didn't unlock them during the event. Therefore they can't (or aren't supposed) to show up in architect houses. Last year the black piano from the restaurant showed up in an architect house along with the charades game. The black piano couldn't be placed into inventory without disappearing. After a lot of outcry the piano did show up in inventory for anyone who built the house while it was still in it. Now because of all of that there is a black piano as a potential prize for marketplace events.
Are the Katy Perry items under a similar contract as the Red items?
Level 55!
GC: garishplum
mockingbird288z

garishplum wrote: 04 May 2017, 22:13
Are the Katy Perry items under a similar contract as the Red items?
Unfortunately, yes. Same with the Tom shoes from the April 2012 A Day Without Shoes thing. :(
Simsfanatic
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simsfanatic »

How bout the gardening items and fire extinguishers? I seen a reply from sims FreePlay Facebook that they can't bring back those items as well with the same explanation to the Katy perry reasoning also.