Crash on launch after Penthouse update

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
MoltresRider
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Crash on launch after Penthouse update

Post by MoltresRider »

Every time The Sims Freeplay has an update, after installing the update and downloading the data for the update, I always get a "Unfortunately Freeplay has stopped" upon launch every time. I always have to clear cache and data and then re-log-back-in to the cloud. This could potentially mean loss of progress depending on my last cloud save.

Does anybody know why the game crashes after every update?
Last edited by ErinPW on 07 Jun 2017, 08:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clarified title as it turned out it's an issue with this update.
warior
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Crash on launch after every update

Post by warior »

Don't know, but in this update got the same too.
MoltresRider
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by MoltresRider »

Did you ever figure it out? It is happening on BOTH of my devices and accounts, and I know that the cloud save is old on one and I do not want to lose this whole bunch of progress
Madlyaddicted
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

HELP! Can't play since penthouse update

Post by Madlyaddicted »

Please help. Updated today to penthouse update and now the game won't open, it just crashes straight away. Have tried all the usual, turning off device etc, no good. I've obviously spent a fortune on this game over the years, I need to get back in! Where do you report this kind of thing to?
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

This is happening to me too. I was able to collect the mystery box gift and then my game crashed and I can't get back in since. I have gone so far as to uninstall/reinstall and nothing. I play on an iPad
On their Facebook page, I noticed lots of people complaining of the same thing, across different platforms.
I have submitted a support ticket and would suggest everyone do the same.
mockingbird288z

Re: HELP! Can't play since penthouse update

Post by mockingbird288z »

Madlyaddicted wrote: 06 Jun 2017, 15:54 Please help. Updated today to penthouse update and now the game won't open, it just crashes straight away. Have tried all the usual, turning off device etc, no good. I've obviously spent a fortune on this game over the years, I need to get back in! Where do you report this kind of thing to?
I've moved your post to an existing topic about the game crashing with the update.

You can submit a support ticket here.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
MoltresRider
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by MoltresRider »

My wife, my sister, and I have all put in tickets which Firemonkeys seems to be ignoring
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Good reminder to save before updating. (l have automatic updates turned off.)
MoltresRider
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by MoltresRider »

Why is Firemonkeys ignoring everybody's report on this problem! many people on the Facebook page have also said they have put in tickets with no response.

Why is this problem being ignored?
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

Well I did get a response from them a couple of hours ago. They told me about uninstalling and quitting apps and background refresh, ypthe usual stufff. But they also said to try deleting apps. my device is old and has way to many photos on it. I should've realized this might have been the problem. But I deleted a whole bunch of apps and this is what worked for me. So I'm back in the game again, everything working fine. My 7 days started when I went in so I haven't lost time.

Hopefully your support tickets are answered soon and it's an easy fix for you too.
Good luck.