2 adults with their own kids living in the same house

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

2 adults with their own kids living in the same house

Post by playsims »

This topic probably has been raised before but I could not find it. I forgot how to do this.

I have 2 single adults currently living separately. Each has an adopted baby or toddler. I want them to live in the same house as room mates or partners. But when I made one adult move into the 2nd adult's house, the baby/toddler of moving adult is left behind. I dont want to change the baby or toddler to teenagers or adults. So how can the baby/toddler move with the parent?
ErinPW

Re: 2 adults with their own kids living in the same house

Post by ErinPW »

playsims wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 11:54 This topic probably has been raised before but I could not find it. I forgot how to do this.

I have 2 single adults currently living separately. Each has an adopted baby or toddler. I want them to live in the same house as room mates or partners. But when I made one adult move into the 2nd adult's house, the baby/toddler of moving adult is left behind. I dont want to change the baby or toddler to teenagers or adults. So how can the baby/toddler move with the parent?
Unfortunately there is no way to move in both, the adult and the baby (or toddler). The sim that moves in to the other household will leave the little one behind. As both children are adopted already, they can't follow their parent.
Wish, the Firemonkeys would change that.
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

ErinPW wrote: 20 Jun 2017, 07:17
playsims wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 11:54 This topic probably has been raised before but I could not find it. I forgot how to do this.

Unfortunately there is no way to move in both, the adult and the baby (or toddler). The sim that moves in to the other household will leave the little one behind. As both children are adopted already, they can't follow their parent.
Wish, the Firemonkeys would change that.
Is it different if the child is not adopted, but a birth child? I have two families with one child each, and I'd like to have a couple with 2 kids and 2 single adults. I'm willing to divorce both couples and remarry to one of the other couple, but I don't want to kill off any parents to accomplish it as all are at top of their profession.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

SKatF wrote: 21 Jun 2017, 02:01 [...]
Is it different if the child is not adopted, but a birth child? I have two families with one child each, and I'd like to have a couple with 2 kids and 2 single adults. I'm willing to divorce both couples and remarry to one of the other couple, but I don't want to kill off any parents to accomplish it as all are at top of their profession.
There is no difference. Infants, toddlers and preteens who have at least one parent in town can neither be asked to be adopted nor to move in. Of course they can be whistled over to other families and live there, but they won't count to the family.

Just an idea: If you're at your sim cap, it may be a solution to send one of the children e.g. to a residential school (which is out of town) and then create a second child for the other couple.
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Thanks for the answer. Currently I am changing some living arrangements among the sims.