Getting back into Sims FreePlay! Have a question...

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Savage_Xeno
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Getting back into Sims FreePlay! Have a question...

Post by Savage_Xeno »

Woot, I'm back and currently in the middle of the wedding quest, I just hope I can craft enough items in time.

Anywho, on to my question...

As the title says I've been away from Sims FreePlay for awhile and missed many... oh so many, quests and updates and such, and I discovered back in December (I think?) there was a Charming Barber quest for men's hairstyles that I missed. About how long does it take for a quest like that to repeat? I know boutique hair has repeated a number of times, so I wouldn't think it would be that long, but then again I could be wrong.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Getting back into Sims FreePlay! Have a question...

Post by contrarysims »

They seem to repeat the women's long hair events much more frequently. It might be many months before they repeat charming barber, it's really hard to tell.

They have also just changed how the weekly prizes work, and you can win random limited time prizes including hair and outfits that way. It makes me wonder whether that means they want to phase out doing repeats of events. On the FB page there seem to be as many players who complain bitterly about repeats of old content because they're "bored" as there are new players there are desperately requesting events they've missed. Either way there will hopefully be a way for you to get those hairstyles you've missed!

Good luck with the wedding event!
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
Savage_Xeno
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Savage_Xeno »

Oh no! I really hope they don't phase out repeating events haha, I really need Charming Barber and Country Homestead (I'd be quite content with just those two lol)

And yeah I guess it would be hard to tell when they repeat other events.

Thanks for the reply ^–^
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

The Country Homestead event is coming back during this update.

The longest time between repeats of the same event has been 9 months. So my thought has been that if an event last repeated more than 9 months ago there's less of a chance of it repeating than other events. FM could change it up and bring back an event that hasn't repeated for a long time, though, so that's why I hesitate to say that if it's been more than 9 months it's never coming back again.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Savage_Xeno
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Savage_Xeno »

Oh yay! I better get some wood working in for the country homestead event then lol
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

I'm glad they seem to still be repeating quests. Even if they're ones I've done already, I honestly appreciate having a bit of a break from new quests and events, and some time to just potter around with my sims!
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
Savage_Xeno
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Savage_Xeno »

Yeah that is nice haha, when they've had repeated quests before I took that time to gather up LP and such.

I'm feeling a little bummed though, I feel I'll be able to unlock all the prizes in time for Wedding Bells, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to claim them all. There's a limit to how much I can craft and I'm not always playing 24/7.

Do they have repeats for major events like this? I think I recall them doing it for the Spa event but I could be mistaken, oh well even if I can't claim everything hopefully there will be a short break before the next quest. That way I can just do whatever and prepare for future quests.
SimCitySue
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimCitySue »

There hasn't been a repeat of the Live Events *yet* The very first one was at the end of January. There's been a new one almost every update. The spa event was a Community Event which did repeat.
annarose
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by annarose »

Any thoughts on whether they will repeat the Outdoors Event (Survivalist hobby)?? I think it ran in Oct 2015 and then July 2016 ... it's one event I would really like to finish.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

annarose wrote: 27 Jul 2017, 01:22 Any thoughts on whether they will repeat the Outdoors Event (Survivalist hobby)?? I think it ran in Oct 2015 and then July 2016 ... it's one event I would really like to finish.
I would also like that one repeated for my second game.