Games and Devices.

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
missbecca
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Games and Devices.

Post by missbecca »

Hello all!!

I have playing the Sims Free Play on my iPad for a couple years now and just recently started playing on my iPhone. I was wondering if I needed to create a new GameCenter account or if it was okay to use the same account for each device with two completely separate games going at the same time...I don't want to lose my new game because I've spent a little cash on the LP plant but I also don't want to lose the content from the old game because I've spent a lot of cash on LPs and other items and also A LOT of time on that older game. I just don't want to lose any content if I back up my iPhone or have to reset it for any reason.

Please help!!
mockingbird288z

Re: Games and Devices.

Post by mockingbird288z »

If they are two separate games I would suggest two different Game Center accounts. Or a Facebook account for one. Because you can't save two games to one GC account. If you saved one game to cloud using one GC account it would overwrite any save from the other game. And then if you went to save the second game to the same GC account it would overwrite the save from the first game.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Atheletic Brownie
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Atheletic Brownie »

Same advice advice as Leah above, but a little extra note for iOS: the combination of accounts matters. Take note of which account combination (GC only, FB only, or GC + FB) you use for which game in case you accidentally overwrite.

Remember each combination gives 1 save slot, no matter how many devices/games. Technically you can save one game with GameCenter logged in only, another with Facebook logged in only, and a third with both logged in, BUT I wouldn't do all three together.

Also if you have an old/spare device lying about, maybe use it to download a copy of the older game for safekeeping. I have an old, old phone that I use to keep my main game safe (just in case of mishaps) and I update it fortnightly/once a month or whenever I buy something with cash.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Atheletic Brownie wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 07:09 Same advice advice as Leah above, but a little extra note for iOS: the combination of accounts matters. Take note of which account combination (GC only, FB only, or GC + FB) you use for which game in case you accidentally overwrite.

Remember each combination gives 1 save slot, no matter how many devices/games. Technically you can save one game with GameCenter logged in only, another with Facebook logged in only, and a third with both logged in, BUT I wouldn't do all three together.

Also if you have an old/spare device lying about, maybe use it to download a copy of the older game for safekeeping. I have an old, old phone that I use to keep my main game safe (just in case of mishaps) and I update it fortnightly/once a month or whenever I buy something with cash.
At the bottom of the account manager is shown "Your save data is tied to the combination of accounts you use to log in."
As soon as you upload your game to the cloud while logged in with both GC and FB, the saves are connected.
Both accounts overwrite each other as if it was one account only. If you want to keep them separate, don't log in to both accounts at the same time.

E.g. I'm using an iPad with GC + FB, and an Android phone with FB. Even if I'm logged in with GC only while uploading to the cloud on iPad, I can download the same cloud save to my phone. It also works the other way arround - after uploading the game on my phone with the FB account, I can download that cloud save on my iPad while being logged in to GC only.

My phone is used as backup as well, but I prefer to download the saved data every day - especially while working on events or quests.
Attachments
SFP Account Manager
SFP Account Manager
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Rosie_58
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Rosie_58 »

Not sure if anyone else has had this happen but some how last week I noticed my two games are now connected. Two different devices, different Facebook accounts, different email accounts. I am not signed into Game Center. I only use facebook to save my games. But last week I noticed that the games gave me the option to upload my saved games from my other device. It is not overriding my other games. As long as the games are on different devices. But if I ever lost one of the games and needed to upload it not sure which game would upload now. If anyone has any suggestions on what might have happened I would appreciate it. Thank you
Rosie_58
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Rosie_58 »

Opps I mean each game gives me the option to download my game from the other device. Still can't figure out how the games are now connected.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

Rosie_58 wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 23:17 Opps I mean each game gives me the option to download my game from the other device. Still can't figure out how the games are now connected.
Do you have the Facebook app on your devices, and have you ever signed in to both accounts on one or both of the devices? When I was briefly using an iPhone, I noticed how it seemed to link various accounts through the phone's settings if I logged in on apps like Facebook. Just a theory, though. I'm usually an Android user.

Btw, how did you manage to get two FB accounts running? They kept shutting me down whenever I tried to make a new account, "realistic" name or not. I would really love to be able to have two towns that can visit one another, but they won't let me. I see so many obvious simming accounts, and always wonder how they slip it past the draconian Facebook police.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

contrarysims wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 02:09
Rosie_58 wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 23:17 Opps I mean each game gives me the option to download my game from the other device. Still can't figure out how the games are now connected.
Do you have the Facebook app on your devices, and have you ever signed in to both accounts on one or both of the devices? When I was briefly using an iPhone, I noticed how it seemed to link various accounts through the phone's settings if I logged in on apps like Facebook. Just a theory, though. I'm usually an Android user.

Btw, how did you manage to get two FB accounts running? They kept shutting me down whenever I tried to make a new account, "realistic" name or not. I would really love to be able to have two towns that can visit one another, but they won't let me. I see so many obvious simming accounts, and always wonder how they slip it past the draconian Facebook police.
Wait really? You're getting shut down? I didn't know that was even a thing that could happen :lol: I am using a separate microsoft hotmail email account specifically made for signing up for various online games to sign up, perhaps that matters?
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

Simsaddict456 wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 06:59
contrarysims wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 02:09

Wait really? You're getting shut down? I didn't know that was even a thing that could happen :lol: I am using a separate microsoft hotmail email account specifically made for signing up for various online games to sign up, perhaps that matters?
Yeah, according to their terms of service you can only have one Facebook account and it must reflect you real identity and use your real, legal name. If they suspect it's an extra account, or that your name isn't "real" they will demand you upload photo ID. I've tried with different email addresses, but every time they close my new FB account within the hour.

It's pretty absurd that they've set up their social platform as a way to save games and connect with other gamers, but they outright won't allow gamers to sign up and do so? And on Android devices it's the only way to connect, since play games doesn't work anymore. At least iOS users have other options.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

The whole facebook thing really annoys me, too.

I've always thought they should allow FB users to create a gamer account. It would be linked to their real account but the user could set the privacy settings for that link. So that no one who is friends with the gamer account could see the real account and vice versa or you could select a few people who could see it... But FB would always be able to see it.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update