Game Crash

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
valerian
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Game Crash

Post by valerian »

Hello all :)

as I am bedridden for next couple of months (probably till next summer), I started to play Sims Freeplay after 3 years again. (I stopped in 2014 when the horrible Life Dreams & Legacies update came).

But well, bedridden, so I need a distraction and so I downloaded update to my old game that was still in my device. Everything was working perfectly for the past 3 days. Even today in the morning. But when I opened the game in the afternoon, it crashed - just loaded itself and right at the beginning when it displays what activities the sims have finished it crashed. I closed it and opened again, crashed again. I cleared cache, data, reinstalled, rebooted... everything in vain - still kept crashing. :cry:

So I wrote to tech support - but so far I have received only automated emails... So I'm getting a bit worried. :( After all the years, I don't want to start from scratch! (I don't want to go through all the quests that I have already done, lose the houses, mansions (who knows if they are even available now))

It's just so depressing on top of health issues and everything else. :( So I wanted to ask - as I have seen many threads about game crashing but didn't find a main one (sorry) - did anyone ever encounter something like this? How to make the tech support listen and take care of the problem? (How quickly they usually respond?) Thank you in advance for any advice :)
lvl 54
HFN: #4 West Oceanside
HH: #1 West Oceanside
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Game Crash

Post by telemwill »

I also experienced this today. I can't tell you what finally worked. I did uninstall and reinstall to no avail, rebooted my device, forcestopped the app, even tried crying and praying. You get the picture. Then a couple of times it went past the loading screen to the hospital (where I left off) and then crashed. Finally I was able to manever away from the hospital and re-enter the game. All my Sims had stopped their activity and had to be restarted. I reccommend persistence. If nothing else, once the update occurs, it may fix the problem. It may be the pop-up advertizing the update is causing the problem. I hope you are able to get back in the game, and that neither of us experience this again.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Reshiram
Banned

Post by Reshiram »

I came here just to post this EXACT thing! In fact I already'd my post all typed up and ready. This's my Post I's going to make.

(title}Crashes as soon as game loads or downloads cloud save

(body)Every time my game loads, The Sims Freeplay crashes.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, then downloading my save from the cloud, but as soon as my game's downloaded from the cloud, the game crashes immediately.

This happens on multiple devices I download my cloud save to. The same problem, as soon as my save's downloaded from the cloud, the game crashes. And it crashes every time the game loads to one of my lots.
valerian
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by valerian »

telemwill wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 14:56 I also experienced this today. I can't tell you what finally worked. I did uninstall and reinstall to no avail, rebooted my device, forcestopped the app, even tried crying and praying. You get the picture.
I know what you went through *hugs* the horror that even the game world is failing one... :cry: I should have been resting but instead I've spent 5 hours stressing over my android. :?
telemwill wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 14:56 Then a couple of times it went past the loading screen to the hospital (where I left off) and then crashed. Finally I was able to manever away from the hospital and re-enter the game. All my Sims had stopped their activity and had to be restarted. I reccommend persistence. If nothing else, once the update occurs, it may fix the problem. It may be the pop-up advertizing the update is causing the problem. I hope you are able to get back in the game, and that neither of us experience this again.

Ruth
I guess they must have had more ppl reporting issue, because as soon as I saw your reply I went to check and it seems it is working now (so far) :D I still didn't get my reply, that is why I guess that it must have been a general issue - hope nothing happens soon again, I really don't want that kind of stress again...
BUT honestly - they should give us free LP or simoleons or something for this one! Cause I lost time and probably won't make one of the quests on time mhmm
lvl 54
valerian
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by valerian »

@ ReshiramVorePred

try it now - mine started working now (hopefully it will keep working)
lvl 54
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

valerian wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 15:46
telemwill wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 14:56 I also experienced this today. I can't tell you what finally worked. I did uninstall and reinstall to no avail, rebooted my device, forcestopped the app, even tried crying and praying. You get the picture.
I know what you went through *hugs* the horror that even the game world is failing one... :cry: I should have been resting but instead I've spent 5 hours stressing over my android. :?
telemwill wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 14:56 Then a couple of times it went past the loading screen to the hospital (where I left off) and then crashed. Finally I was able to manever away from the hospital and re-enter the game. All my Sims had stopped their activity and had to be restarted. I reccommend persistence. If nothing else, once the update occurs, it may fix the problem. It may be the pop-up advertizing the update is causing the problem. I hope you are able to get back in the game, and that neither of us experience this again.

Ruth
I guess they must have had more ppl reporting issue, because as soon as I saw your reply I went to check and it seems it is working now (so far) :D I still didn't get my reply, that is why I guess that it must have been a general issue - hope nothing happens soon again, I really don't want that kind of stress again...
BUT honestly - they should give us free LP or simoleons or something for this one! Cause I lost time and probably won't make one of the quests on time mhmm
So glad you are back in! Yes, after reading this here, posts started appearing on Facebook. Hopefully this issue is fixed. It would be nice if they would extend quests and the country homestead event for those that lost progress.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Reshiram
Banned

Post by Reshiram »

Unfortunately mine's still not working. Mine's still crashing! Tried 3 different Devices to download my Save. Same Crash!
Reshiram
Banned

Post by Reshiram »

5 Minutes Later, I'm in. Yay! Rawr!
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

ReshiramVorePred wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 16:10 5 Minutes Later, I'm in. Yay! Rawr!
Wonderful!
valerian
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by valerian »

telemwill wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 15:55 So glad you are back in! Yes, after reading this here, posts started appearing on Facebook. Hopefully this issue is fixed. It would be nice if they would extend quests and the country homestead event for those that lost progress.
thank you :D and yes, would be decent of them if they did it, cause before e.g. the workstation was like 10min task and now it's 5 hours and I lost 2x5hours this way (the one task that was running before crash and time during crash)
ReshiramVorePred wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 16:10 5 Minutes Later, I'm in. Yay! Rawr!
congrats! :D
lvl 54