duplicating items the normal way not working

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Reshiram
Banned

duplicating items the normal way not working

Post by Reshiram »

I can't duplicate items! Whenever I tap the + sign, it makes the sound but doesn't duplicate. It just purchases the one when I tap the Duplicate Button but doesn't allow me to purchase another, it just disappears or does nothing. I have to manually tap the Object again to place another. I can't do the quick way!

It doesn't matter what Item it's is. It just doesn't allow me to purchase another unless I tap it again in the Home Store. It does this with literally Everything! Windows, Doors, Chairs, Electronics, Couches, Beds, Toilets, You name it! I can't duplicate it unless I Tap it in the Home Store Menu to place another. This takes considerably longer to do!

Any Ideas?
ErinPW

Re: duplicating items the normal way not working

Post by ErinPW »

In my game it works like it's supposed to. After buying the first item, I tap it, then the duplication button appears and does it's work as often as I want.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
BlueIndian
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by BlueIndian »

ReshiramVorePred wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 15:58 I can't duplicate items! Whenever I tap the + sign, it makes the sound but doesn't duplicate. It just purchases the one when I tap the Duplicate Button but doesn't allow me to purchase another, it just disappears or does nothing. I have to manually tap the Object again to place another. I can't do the quick way!

It doesn't matter what Item it's is. It just doesn't allow me to purchase another unless I tap it again in the Home Store. It does this with literally Everything! Windows, Doors, Chairs, Electronics, Couches, Beds, Toilets, You name it! I can't duplicate it unless I Tap it in the Home Store Menu to place another. This takes considerably longer to do!

Any Ideas?
Same thing happening in my game too. If I place something from homestore (either stored in inventory or purchasing a new one)the duplicate button appears but on clicking it just 1 item is placed..no duplicated item appears. Although if I select an item already placed somewhere in the house,duplication works fine.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

BlueIndian wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 17:24 [...]
Same thing happening in my game too. If I place something from homestore (either stored in inventory or purchasing a new one)the duplicate button appears but on clicking it just 1 item is placed..no duplicated item appears. Although if I select an item already placed somewhere in the house,duplication works fine.
In the meantime I re-read the article at the Firemonkeys' Help Center: Buildmode Duplication Feature

You first need to place the item and confirm by tapping the hook. Then grab the item again before the button is ready to use. If this doesn't work to get more of the new item, it's likely a bug that needs to be reported.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Reshiram
Banned

Post by Reshiram »

I did that. It used to work and now it doesn't.
Reshiram
Banned

Post by Reshiram »

I got it working. Apparently it's changed in this Update.

It used to be I didn't have to buy one and reselect it then duplicate it. I used to be able to duplicate before I bought the 1st one