Dishes ended up outside built area in basement

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Dishes ended up outside built area in basement

Post by copperwood »

Just found a bug. Don't know if it is new or not. When cooking on stoves in a basement, the plates ended up in an un-built area of the basement. So my sims have no way to get to them to clean them up.

I guess the only way to get rid of them is to demolish the house. Thankfully the house is a standard template (diy home).

So just a heads up, be careful where you place the oven/stove in a basement.
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Dishes ended up outside built area in basement

Post by Thuraya »

This happend to me, too. But I was able to pick them up in build mode and place them back to where my sims could take care of them. No need to demolish the plot.

Even if you can't see them in build mode because they are underground, outside of the buildable area and covered by earth, if you tap on the square where they should be the game lets you pick them up. You just have to remember where they are when switching to build mode.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Thuraya wrote: 04 Oct 2017, 20:56 This happend to me, too. But I was able to pick them up in build mode and place them back to where my sims could take care of them. No need to demolish the plot.

Even if you can't see them in build mode because they are underground, outside of the buildable area and covered by earth, if you tap on the square where they should be the game lets you pick them up. You just have to remember where they are when switching to build mode.
Thanks Thuraya, it worked. I just used home store and I could see them and move them.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Thuraya wrote: 04 Oct 2017, 20:56 This happend to me, too. But I was able to pick them up in build mode and place them back to where my sims could take care of them. No need to demolish the plot.

Wow, that's a great idea, thanks! I've had this problem for, I think, years. This is why I stopped having my lp-grinding sims do the cooking hobby. That large basement is my main lp-grinding space, so I've switched my grinders to ice sculpture/aerobics.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

simmare wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 13:37

Wow, that's a great idea, thanks! I've had this problem for, I think, years. This is why I stopped having my lp-grinding sims do the cooking hobby. That large basement is my main lp-grinding space, so I've switched my grinders to ice sculpture/aerobics.
I have this problem too, and could move some in build mode but can't pick some of them up, even in build mode. I stopped cooking in that area, not because the look bothered me, but because I was fearful of getting a lag.
Goldfinch 3
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Goldfinch 3 »

copperwood wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 01:29

Thanks Thuraya, it worked. I just used home store and I could see them and move them.
I too had this problem a couple of years ago. I found that even though I couldn't see the dishes, if I kept tapping all over the grass outside the grid I eventually found them to move onto a table or counter in a built room. I don't cook in the basement now but I love to ghost hunt in the basement. The ghosts can't escape like on the ground floor. When they go thru the basement wall they immediately return and I seldom lose a ghost. (Only if I'm incredibly slow ;)) It is a fast way to fill a grid in grinding for LPs plus simoleons.
GC: Goldfinch 3
Level 55-Holiday Francais
HFN: 3 Star located at Starter House.
HH(s): 1 on Island as well as 2 on Mainland