Ways to get hair aside from salons/events?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
feverfew
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Ways to get hair aside from salons/events?

Post by feverfew »

Hi everyone, I'm a newer player, so forgive me if I'm missing something obvious here but are there any ways to get new hairstyles other than building the salon/mall salon and participating in limited time events? Do any other stores have hair options available, or is any hair unlocked as a quest or hobby reward?

I'm curious about this in general, but I'm also trying to find a specific style that should be available for female teens. It's the silvery hairstyle that comes with one of the costume shop outfits, pictured in this thread. All the info I can find online tells me that it's a teen hairstyle that also becomes available to adults if you complete the Adulthood quest within the time limit. I haven't done Adulthood yet, but my teens can't use this hair either. I can't find it anywhere! Anyone know where it comes from? (I'd just use the trick mentioned in the post I linked, but unfortunately, it doesn't work for me.)
mockingbird288z

Re: Ways to get hair aside from salons/events?

Post by mockingbird288z »

That is a hairstyle that is in the Adult Fashion Pack unlocked after completing the Adulthood quest within the time limit. Everything in the adult fashion pack was originally available to adults from the beginning of the game. When they added teens they took these items away from adults and game almost all of it to teens. Then FM added the Adulthood quest and adults were able to get the items back.

Outfits and hairstyles available to teens is how FM initially described the Adult fashion pack even though it includes some hairstyles teens don’t have.

Other than the salon and events completing the Adulthood quest within the time limit is really the only way to get more hairstyles. The online store has offered one online bundle for men’s hairstyles but it is only one style. There are also a few online bundles (one for seniors, one for teen females, and one for teen males) that have hats where the hats can be kept on but the outfit changed but none for adults.

The good thing is that the Hair events repeat often and are some of the easiest events to complete because the fashion design hobby still has the 10 minute option and we can use as many adult sims as we have on it at the same time.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
feverfew
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: Ways to get hair aside from salons/events?

Post by feverfew »

This is super useful information, thank you! I'm glad to hear I'll still be able to get that hairstyle, and even happier that hair events will come around again and won't be too tough. I feel awful for longtime players, though - it's really a shame that you lost so many items you were used to having, not to mention losing the shorter time options on hobbies. I'm having a lot of fun with the game, but I was definitely surprised to see that so many hobbies have to be done for hours and hours at a time.