Building in the game (more advanced gameplay questions)

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
MidnightGamer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Building in the game (more advanced gameplay questions)

Post by MidnightGamer »

So, several questions included in here, as well as I guess general discussion about this topic. Obviously, you don't have to answer all the questions to helpful. Even partly helping with one is still considered immensely helpful to me.

1) I'm getting at the point where new buisnesses seem to cost 500,000$. Why is only the recording studio a different price (600,000$)?
2) I know new buildings cost more and more gradually as you progress. Is there ever a limit to how high this can get (I mean, after all, they don't include new simeoleon making stadegries really at this point)? If there is a limit, what is it? If there isn't, can I please know what information you know (e.g. until everything is built?)
3) Daily rewards. I know you get more if you have "old town value" system, but how far back is that? I started playing for sure in August 2016, but I think I actually started before device switching in late 2015. Would I have this "old town value" and if not, what is the maximun daily value I can get through daily rewards? What is my max daily value if I get the "old town value"? What's the best way, in your opinion, to increase town value? I could demolish and rebuild a few lots, but is that the best way in your opinion? Is it even really worth it to pursure daily rewards/town value if I'm under the new system? For stats sake, my town value is 12,436,475$ and got 7756$ in Daily Rewards today (with VIP 3... shame on me I guess for buying Laura once and some social points? To be fair, I fund these endeavors with online rewards programs with iTunes, but it's money I could have used towards saving up for a Nintendo Switch)
4) Monument resources better with shorter/longer actions per spawn? Affected by action, or completely random correlations (I get Onyx a lot when I garden, but gardening is one of my most used actions in-game). Is it worth it spending life points on the missing resources that I don't have hundreds of?
5) Should I do Ancient Goddess building? I mean, I eventually want everything in-game, but should I bother with it when I'm still trying to level up the other resources past the level 10 mark or so they're at now.
6) Anyone find the pirate from Ancient Goddess, at the very least, shady? Like, here, give me 5,000 $ 10 Social Points and a couple bricks of lava and I might give you a Ruby every few days! Arg! OK, maybe I'm exaggerating, but still...
7) How many sims will I have to kill off to build all the life orbs stuff? I mean, counting each sim for each level as well. I've only built the arcade as well as two sections of it as well as some other random orbs.
8) Anyone else spam bell peppers sometimes? Especially if you want XP or $ with the monument bonuses?
9) What's your town value? Curious.
3) Life dreams/orbs. XP isn't really needed for building per se, but it is a useful function, at least at this point where I'm level 41. I notice I get XP when a sim dies, ironically more if they die "inspired" (100000 XP if not inspired, 150000 if inspired... give or take a zero or two, haven't played much lately, but I thought I should add something people might not know if they're helping me with my questions).
MidnightGamer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Building in the game (more advanced gameplay questions)

Post by MidnightGamer »

Oh, also, what the heck do you do with XP when you get to level 52?
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

MidnightGamer wrote: 17 Nov 2017, 00:13 So, several questions included in here, as well as I guess general discussion about this topic. Obviously, you don't have to answer all the questions to helpful. Even partly helping with one is still considered immensely helpful to me.

1) I'm getting at the point where new buisnesses seem to cost 500,000$. Why is only the recording studio a different price (600,000$)?
2) I know new buildings cost more and more gradually as you progress. Is there ever a limit to how high this can get (I mean, after all, they don't include new simeoleon making stadegries really at this point)? If there is a limit, what is it? If there isn't, can I please know what information you know (e.g. until everything is built?)
3) Daily rewards. I know you get more if you have "old town value" system, but how far back is that? I started playing for sure in August 2016, but I think I actually started before device switching in late 2015. Would I have this "old town value" and if not, what is the maximun daily value I can get through daily rewards? What is my max daily value if I get the "old town value"? What's the best way, in your opinion, to increase town value? I could demolish and rebuild a few lots, but is that the best way in your opinion? Is it even really worth it to pursure daily rewards/town value if I'm under the new system? For stats sake, my town value is 12,436,475$ and got 7756$ in Daily Rewards today (with VIP 3... shame on me I guess for buying Laura once and some social points? To be fair, I fund these endeavors with online rewards programs with iTunes, but it's money I could have used towards saving up for a Nintendo Switch)
4) Monument resources better with shorter/longer actions per spawn? Affected by action, or completely random correlations (I get Onyx a lot when I garden, but gardening is one of my most used actions in-game). Is it worth it spending life points on the missing resources that I don't have hundreds of?
5) Should I do Ancient Goddess building? I mean, I eventually want everything in-game, but should I bother with it when I'm still trying to level up the other resources past the level 10 mark or so they're at now.
6) Anyone find the pirate from Ancient Goddess, at the very least, shady? Like, here, give me 5,000 $ 10 Social Points and a couple bricks of lava and I might give you a Ruby every few days! Arg! OK, maybe I'm exaggerating, but still...
7) How many sims will I have to kill off to build all the life orbs stuff? I mean, counting each sim for each level as well. I've only built the arcade as well as two sections of it as well as some other random orbs.
8) Anyone else spam bell peppers sometimes? Especially if you want XP or $ with the monument bonuses?
3) Life dreams/orbs. XP isn't really needed for building per se, but it is a useful function, at least at this point where I'm level 41. I notice I get XP when a sim dies, ironically more if they die "inspired" (100000 XP if not inspired, 150000 if inspired... give or take a zero or two, haven't played much lately, but I thought I should add something people might not know if they're helping me with my questions).
1) & 2) I don't know the actual maximum price but yeah it will still increase quite a bit, paying millions is pretty standard.
3) Old town value was before 2015, not sure when though, I also started playing in the beginning of 2015 and currently have daily reward of around 9000 simoleons and I think this is the maximum amount I can get without any VIP levels
4) Monument resources are pretty random, I recommend doing the market place events for a boost of resources
5)& 6)I think ancient goddess is the most useful of all the monuments because it makes leveling up in hobbies faster, but I wouldn't throw anything I have at it, I have surpluses of certain items and I only buy a gem if it only needs the less rare things, I never do trades that include gold bars or magma cubes or pearls of that wind things. I recommend getting a neighbour with completed resources and leveling up there if you need to level up fast for an event or something. :)
7) I think the information about that is somewhere on this forum but you can calculate easily for yourself, every platinum orb require fous sims, every gold on three, silver two and bronze one
8) I think spamming bell pepper is pretty useful for getting money, but even better than that is the cooking hobby. You would think that is not true because everytime i costs fove simoleons to cook but the prizes add up and you can also get a healthy sum of lp :)

Excuse me all the spelling mistakes it's pretty early for me :lol:
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

For a lot of your questions you‘ll find detailed answers at the first two pages of our subforum Guides/Tips.

3) As far as I know the formular for the daily reward has changed twice: With the first update in 2013 (january/febuary) and anytime in 2015. Players who have started between the first and second change do have the lowest daily reward.

4) The monument resources come in randomly. They appear more often with short tasks.

5) To me the Ancient Goddes is useful, as it helps to level up my sims in their hobbies. Every time they have reached level 6, they start over with another hobby. While levelling up, they get XP, TV and LP, simoleons come in with new collectables.

7) You don‘t have to kill off sims at all to build the island locations. (Detailed info at the Guides/Tips section)

Hope, this helps :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

XP is useless after you get to maximum level
MidnightGamer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by MidnightGamer »

SKatF wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 06:33 XP is useless after you get to maximum level
Does it at least tell you how much XP you have out of level 52? Like, if level 52 was 200 XP (even though it isn't)... would it show on the circle 250/200 XP, or does it just stop?
MidnightGamer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by MidnightGamer »

ErinPW wrote: 17 Nov 2017, 08:57 For a lot of your questions you‘ll find detailed answers at the first two pages of our subforum Guides/Tips.

3) As far as I know the formular for the daily reward has changed twice: With the first update in 2013 (january/febuary) and anytime in 2015. Players who have started between the first and second change do have the lowest daily reward.

4) The monument resources come in randomly. They appear more often with short tasks.

5) To me the Ancient Goddes is useful, as it helps to level up my sims in their hobbies. Every time they have reached level 6, they start over with another hobby. While levelling up, they get XP, TV and LP, simoleons come in with new collectables.

7) You don‘t have to kill off sims at all to build the island locations. (Detailed info at the Guides/Tips section)

Hope, this helps :)
When you refer to not killing off Sims, you are reffering to spending massive amounts of LP, correct? I do enjoy the cooking hobby, but I think I honestly find it easier to kill off sims for this.
MidnightGamer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by MidnightGamer »

Simsaddict456 wrote: 17 Nov 2017, 06:02
MidnightGamer wrote: 17 Nov 2017, 00:13 So, several questions included in here, as well as I guess general discussion about this topic. Obviously, you don't have to answer all the questions to helpful. Even partly helping with one is still considered immensely helpful to me.

1) & 2) I don't know the actual maximum price but yeah it will still increase quite a bit, paying millions is pretty standard.
3) Old town value was before 2015, not sure when though, I also started playing in the beginning of 2015 and currently have daily reward of around 9000 simoleons and I think this is the maximum amount I can get without any VIP levels
4) Monument resources are pretty random, I recommend doing the market place events for a boost of resources
5)& 6)I think ancient goddess is the most useful of all the monuments because it makes leveling up in hobbies faster, but I wouldn't throw anything I have at it, I have surpluses of certain items and I only buy a gem if it only needs the less rare things, I never do trades that include gold bars or magma cubes or pearls of that wind things. I recommend getting a neighbour with completed resources and leveling up there if you need to level up fast for an event or something. :)
7) I think the information about that is somewhere on this forum but you can calculate easily for yourself, every platinum orb require fous sims, every gold on three, silver two and bronze one
8) I think spamming bell pepper is pretty useful for getting money, but even better than that is the cooking hobby. You would think that is not true because everytime i costs fove simoleons to cook but the prizes add up and you can also get a healthy sum of lp :)

Excuse me all the spelling mistakes it's pretty early for me :lol:
But when you're paying millions... it's just essentially a bigger grind to get you to buy their currency packs, isn't it? I mean, I'm level 42, so I don't think I have much more plants to unlock if any at all, so what I'm asking is that I'm getting the impression that the grind just becomes bigger, and not earning simeleons any easier?
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

MidnightGamer wrote: 19 Nov 2017, 22:57
SKatF wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 06:33 XP is useless after you get to maximum level
Does it at least tell you how much XP you have out of level 52? Like, if level 52 was 200 XP (even though it isn't)... would it show on the circle 250/200 XP, or does it just stop?
The current maximum level is 55, not 52. When reaching that level the blue circular progress bar displaying your level will simply stay filled and tapping on it will open a dialog saying your are on maximum level. You won't know how many XP you accumulated afterwards.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

MidnightGamer wrote: 19 Nov 2017, 22:58 […]

When you refer to not killing off Sims, you are reffering to spending massive amounts of LP, correct? I do enjoy the cooking hobby, but I think I honestly find it easier to kill off sims for this.
Of course it‘s up to every player, how they play their game!
It takes a lot of time and effort to gain orbs as well. To me it has always been more easy to gain LPs, so I only needed platinum orbs to pause my sims.

However, the detailed infos on how many orbs or LPs are required and how many sims have to die for them can be found at the Guides/Tips section.

Simsaddict456 wrote: 17 Nov 2017, 06:02 […]

[…]
As long as a player can go with the Alive Sim‘s Orb usage, it‘s one sim less for each orb. After using up an orb for building, one can reverse a senior’s age (since january for free), so they can complete another one.
Whether or not a player can go with that depends on the number of sims they can have working on orbs.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View