Is there a better way to make money than lettuce?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
B_low_brown
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Is there a better way to make money than lettuce?

Post by B_low_brown »

You put 10 sims to grow then and you’re guaranteed at least 3/10 (from what I’ve gathered by playing) each time, sometimes up to 6/10. That’s 3k-6k an hour guaranteed. What beats this?
Last edited by ErinPW on 21 Nov 2017, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moderated to reflect the forum rules.
B_low_brown
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: Is there a better way to make money than lettuce?

Post by B_low_brown »

Really? No replies? Totally not helping my depression but Ok
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

As I recall when starting out, I was more concerned with earning LP and SP than $. By having my sims work a shift when I slept at night, and doing tasks for quests or weekly tasks and not buying anything not required by the game until I had $$ saved up, I did ok.
tangerine
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tangerine »

In my newer game, I'm having a heck of a time making simoleons. It's annoying that I don't have enough money to build things I need to be able to participate in current events like the aerobics one that's starting soon.

I've learned that sending your sims to work is the easiest way to make money. Remember that as your sim reaches higher levels in their profession, they make more money so the amount you see at level one of the "choose an occupation" window isn't what your sim will eventually make.

My favorite way to earn fast cash is by selling free flooring and wall coverings that I win after an event. I'll build a room the size of a large lot and apply the floor and/or wall covering and then delete the room. Over the years, there have been a few that netted me more than 300k simoleons.

Don't forget about the simoleon sprout spin plant, bingo and the newspaper boy's ads. Playing bingo and watching ads are free and the lowest prize on the spin plant is more than what it costs to play so you'll always make your money back plus a bit more.

As for gardening to make money, last time I checked lettuce is the best way to earn cash fast if you're just looking at profit per minute. Next, and far behind, would be carrots and then tomatoes. If you're going to be away from your game for a while, then eggplants and strawberries net you the most simoleons. You're supposed to be able to save money by buying supplies at the grocery store but if I remember correctly, the amount you make isn't much different; not enough to warrant me trying to remember to pre-purchase supplies, anyway. Also, wearing the farmer's outfit used to make a pretty big difference when you gardened but I'm not sure it does anymore and I think only one sim at a time could wear it. I haven't tried it in a while, though.

Hope this helps.