sims and stylo

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Amathyse
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

sims and stylo

Post by Amathyse »

:cry: I got the new LG Stylo 3 for a replacement for my four year old Samsung Note 3. It has to do two things, one was be a phone I can write notes on and the other was be able to play sims freeplay. I've only had Sims loaded on it for a day and it has been randomly shutting down. Just now it hard crashed (as in every sim lost its action), took 4 tries before it loaded again, and now it crashes again as soon as I try to set my sims to do an action. This was a game I transferred off of my galaxy tab A (the lowest of the tablets) so it isn't used to a speedy processor.

Has anyone used freeplay on a not so high end phone? I don't like the new note, it's too big. and the stylo lets me write notes to myself, which I like. I only have a couple of days before I can't return it so I kinda need to decide soon. Anyone have experience with this?

thanks....
SimCitySue
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: sims and stylo

Post by SimCitySue »

Amathyse wrote: 01 Dec 2017, 21:45 :cry: I got the new LG Stylo 3 for a replacement for my four year old Samsung Note 3. It has to do two things, one was be a phone I can write notes on and the other was be able to play sims freeplay. I've only had Sims loaded on it for a day and it has been randomly shutting down. Just now it hard crashed (as in every sim lost its action), took 4 tries before it loaded again, and now it crashes again as soon as I try to set my sims to do an action. This was a game I transferred off of my galaxy tab A (the lowest of the tablets) so it isn't used to a speedy processor.

Has anyone used freeplay on a not so high end phone? I don't like the new note, it's too big. and the stylo lets me write notes to myself, which I like. I only have a couple of days before I can't return it so I kinda need to decide soon. Anyone have experience with this?

thanks....
A few people, myself included, have been having problems with this event crashing. Check out the event thread for more info. I don't know anything about your phone though :)
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Amathyse wrote: 01 Dec 2017, 21:45 :cry: I got the new LG Stylo 3 for a replacement for my four year old Samsung Note 3. It has to do two things, one was be a phone I can write notes on and the other was be able to play sims freeplay. I've only had Sims loaded on it for a day and it has been randomly shutting down. Just now it hard crashed (as in every sim lost its action), took 4 tries before it loaded again, and now it crashes again as soon as I try to set my sims to do an action. This was a game I transferred off of my galaxy tab A (the lowest of the tablets) so it isn't used to a speedy processor.

thanks....
I play in an older LG4, which is far from top recent model, although a decent phone. So I don't think that's a problem.
Amathyse
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Amathyse »

Thanks. Since it's the same buggy crashes as they're talking about over in the event thread I think that is my problem. Not the phone! It's been unjustly maligned :?
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Amathyse wrote: 03 Dec 2017, 18:10 Thanks. Since it's the same buggy crashes as they're talking about over in the event thread I think that is my problem. Not the phone! It's been unjustly maligned :?
Nice to find your purchase decision wasn't fatally flawed for a SFP enthusiast
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

I know this post is a few days old and pretty much solved, but I thought I'd add my input. I've been running Freeplay on my Stylo 3 since May(?) and haven't had any outstanding problems. That being said, I haven't had a chance to load the new update yet, and going off previous replies, it sounds like that's where the problem lies.
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies