Can’t download from the cloud

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Starlight
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Can’t download from the cloud

Post by Starlight »

I’m having a problem with my game and hoping someone can help. I uploaded my game to the cloud and when I try to download it, nothing happens. I keep getting sent back to this screen
F885EBF3-839B-44DA-96AD-2D3D450FC008.png
Has anyone had this problem before? I appreciate any help because I’ve been going crazy. I miss my Sims
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Can’t download from the cloud

Post by contrarysims »

Have you updated to the current holiday update? I noticed that the cloud download screen looks different since the update, and your screenshot looks like the old version. I don't know whether that would affect being able to download your save.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

Never mind, I'm talking nonsense. I just did a reset download to check. I still have that same screen, but before it I get a screen that I don't recognise, looks like this:
Screenshot_20171210-000448.png
I see you're on iOS, is your save via Facebook? Maybe check if you're signed in on the Facebook app and check in your phone's permission settings that Sims Freeplay has permission to access your Facebook account.
Starlight
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Starlight »

contrarysims wrote: 09 Dec 2017, 13:12
I see you're on iOS, is your save via Facebook? Maybe check if you're signed in on the Facebook app and check in your phone's permission settings that Sims Freeplay has permission to access your Facebook account.
I have the current update for the game (I was hoping it would shake something loose but it didn’t) I do not have my game connected to Facebook it’s only connected through Game Center. I’ve tried logging out and logging back in and that hasn’t helped. Awhile back I was having trouble with my Game Center not connecting to the server, but it eventually worked itself out. And now it just won’t download. I’m so confused
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Starlight wrote: 09 Dec 2017, 21:43
I have the current update for the game (I was hoping it would shake something loose but it didn’t) I do not have my game connected to Facebook it’s only connected through Game Center. I’ve tried logging out and logging back in and that hasn’t helped. Awhile back I was having trouble with my Game Center not connecting to the server, but it eventually worked itself out. And now it just won’t download. I’m so confused
Here are some steps you could try.
Force close all apps = doubletap the home button and whipe them up
Reboot your device = press the home button and on/off button at the same time until the apple appears
Wait a few minutes before opening the game again.

If this didn‘t help, you could try re-installing the game. If you still can‘t go ahaid, you may need help from the Firemonkeys.
https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us

Hope, you‘ll get your game back soon!
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

Ah, no idea in that case. Ive never used game center. I'm generally an android user. It's probably worth putting a support ticket to firemonkeys.
Starlight
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Starlight »

ErinPW wrote: 09 Dec 2017, 22:03
Here are some steps you could try.
Force close all apps = doubletap the home button and whipe them up
Reboot your device = press the home button and on/off button at the same time until the apple appears
Wait a few minutes before opening the game again.

If this didn‘t help, you could try re-installing the game. If you still can‘t go ahaid, you may need help from the Firemonkeys.
https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us

Hope, you‘ll get your game back soon!
I tried all of your tips and unfortunately none of them worked. I sent a help ticket to Firemonkeys earlier, but they haven’t been able to help me. They can’t find my game in the cloud without a player ID and since I can’t get into my game, I can’t find my ID. I was told I have to start over, which I seriously do not want to do. After Over 2 years of playing I just can’t start over :(
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Starlight wrote: 10 Dec 2017, 19:04 [...]

I tried all of your tips and unfortunately none of them worked. I sent a help ticket to Firemonkeys earlier, but they haven’t been able to help me. They can’t find my game in the cloud without a player ID and since I can’t get into my game, I can’t find my ID. I was told I have to start over, which I seriously do not want to do. After Over 2 years of playing I just can’t start over :(

One more thing to try is to download your saved data to another device. Now I‘m out of ideas :?
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
BlueIndian
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by BlueIndian »

Was your game 'hacked' or mod in any way? I've seen some posts on facebook that EA banned some players because of this and they can't use the cloud or download their game.
Starlight
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Starlight »

ErinPW wrote: 10 Dec 2017, 20:47
Starlight wrote: 10 Dec 2017, 19:04 [...]

One more thing to try is to download your saved data to another device. Now I‘m out of ideas :?
I gave it a shot and tried downloading it on another device but it still didn’t work. Unless a miracle happens, it looks like this is the end of the line. Thank you for your help