Can’t download from the cloud

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Starlight
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: Can’t download from the cloud

Post by Starlight »

BlueIndian wrote: 11 Dec 2017, 02:52 Was your game 'hacked' or mod in any way? I've seen some posts on facebook that EA banned some players because of this and they can't use the cloud or download their game.
No, I never did any of those game hacks. I have been able to download from the cloud before so that’s why this whole mess is so confusing
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I'm so sorry for your situation. I'm going to take a screenshot of my player I'D right now, in case I ever need it.
Goldfinch 3
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Goldfinch 3 »

II'm sorry too that you can't download Starlight. Hoping if you keep trying that it will work soon. I too made a note of my Player ID & Cloudcell Device ID(whatever that is?). It is found at the bottom of the game by accessing green 3 dot button, then i (for information) in bottom left, then About button and at bottom of that page. Can you retrive that from the game on your device?
GC: Goldfinch 3
Level 55-Holiday Francais
HFN: 3 Star located at Starter House.
HH(s): 1 on Island as well as 2 on Mainland
Starlight
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Starlight »

Goldfinch 3 wrote: 11 Dec 2017, 14:01 II'm sorry too that you can't download Starlight. Hoping if you keep trying that it will work soon. I too made a note of my Player ID & Cloudcell Device ID(whatever that is?). It is found at the bottom of the game by accessing green 3 dot button, then i (for information) in bottom left, then About button and at bottom of that page. Can you retrive that from the game on your device?
I had to start a new game in order to find the ID. I sent it to Firemonkeys and they said my game wasn’t in the cloud. So either the ID isn’t the same one connected to my game OR my game save somehow disappeared. Either way, I’m extremely sad :(
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Starlight wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 06:30
I had to start a new game in order to find the ID. I sent it to Firemonkeys and they said my game wasn’t in the cloud. So either the ID isn’t the same one connected to my game OR my game save somehow disappeared. Either way, I’m extremely sad :(
The ID would have changed when you started a new game.

I'm so sorry this happened to you.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

mockingbird288z wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 07:22

This is totally awful. I have an idea though. If you made purchases in the game with real money then Apple and Freeplay made a connection with each other electronically and that connection can be traced. The Game Center "knows" your player ID in order to connect your purchase with the correct online account. You may be able to get your player ID from Apple. At least you can get your Game Center ID number and give that to the fire monkeys to trace. Don't lose all hope yet.
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

Another thing to consider. Perhaps your Game Center isn't "on." Do you have other games that use it? I have a user name that pops up every time a game connects with the Game Center. Does your user name still pop up with the other games? If not then the Game Center is not connecting properly with your games. You can get on the Apple forums to see if there are any suggestions about what to do and/or you can contact an Apple representative for help.
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
Starlight
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Starlight »

mudgenie wrote: 28 Dec 2017, 07:59
mockingbird288z wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 07:22

This is totally awful. I have an idea though. If you made purchases in the game with real money then Apple and Freeplay made a connection with each other electronically and that connection can be traced. The Game Center "knows" your player ID in order to connect your purchase with the correct online account. You may be able to get your player ID from Apple. At least you can get your Game Center ID number and give that to the fire monkeys to trace. Don't lose all hope yet.

I never made a purchase in the game :( Now I kind of wish I had if it would have helped to get my game back because I’m missing it something fierce
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

What is in your cloud right now? If you haven’t saved at all in the new game you should be able to download your old game even over the restarted game. Or try a second device to download your old game.

I hope you get your game back!!!
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)