Game crashing with Aerobics hobby

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
dee simmer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [EVENT] Groovers’n’Movers

Post by dee simmer »

Hey, i hope this is the right forum for my post.

My game keeps crashing every time i go back to the sims doing the aerobics hobby event. Anyone else having this problem?

Apparently that is not the only issue i have had with this update, I cant seem to connect my game to Facebook, which means that ever since I completed the french romance event, I have been unable to do social tasks. I cant connect to game center because i only started playing the game in March 2017 so I don't have any friends on game center.
2018 Holiday Update
iOS 11.2.5

Facebook:- Daphne Natsai Maruta
HFN:- 3 East Side, includes Cat and Dog
HH:- Volcano View
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Same here. it happens frequently on both Android & IOS devices. I just have to save every few minutes. Still have not figured out what causes the crashes. All I know is that it has to do with the aerobics activity.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

dee simmer wrote: 29 Nov 2017, 23:14 Hey, i hope this is the right forum for my post.

My game keeps crashing every time i go back to the sims doing the aerobics hobby event. Anyone else having this problem?

Apparently that is not the only issue i have had with this update, I cant seem to connect my game to Facebook, which means that ever since I completed the french romance event, I have been unable to do social tasks. I cant connect to game center because i only started playing the game in March 2017 so I don't have any friends on game center.
It‘s still possible to connect the game to Game Center. You can‘t add friends, but you can use your account to upload your game to the Firemonkeys‘ cloud like you do with your Facebook account. If you can’t log in with your FB account, you’ll at least be able to save your game to the cloud. So, first of all go to your device’s settings and log in your Game Center account. As soon as you open your game, it will connect to your GC account. (It may be neccessary to force close your apps and reboot your device.) Then save your game to the cloud like you used to do when you were logged in with your FB account.

For the issues you may need to contact the Support: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-u ... al-Support.

playsims wrote: 29 Nov 2017, 23:47 Same here. it happens frequently on both Android & IOS devices. I just have to save every few minutes. Still have not figured out what causes the crashes. All I know is that it has to do with the aerobics activity.
My game crashed when my sims were doing the aerobic hobby, but it was on sunday before the event started. In my game it‘s only one sim that causes the crashes.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
dee simmer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by dee simmer »

ErinPW wrote: 30 Nov 2017, 09:40
dee simmer wrote: 29 Nov 2017, 23:14 Hey, i hope this is the right forum for my post.

It‘s still possible to connect the game to Game Center. You can‘t add friends, but you can use your account to upload your game to the Firemonkeys‘ cloud like you do with your Facebook account. If you can’t log in with your FB account, you’ll at least be able to save your game to the cloud. So, first of all go to your device’s settings and log in your Game Center account. As soon as you open your game, it will connect to your GC account. (It may be neccessary to force close your apps and reboot your device.) Then save your game to the cloud like you used to do when you were logged in with your FB account.

For the issues you may need to contact the Support: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-u ... al-Support.

playsims wrote: 29 Nov 2017, 23:47 Same here. it happens frequently on both Android & IOS devices. I just have to save every few minutes. Still have not figured out what causes the crashes. All I know is that it has to do with the aerobics activity.
My game crashed when my sims were doing the aerobic hobby, but it was on sunday before the event started. In my game it‘s only one sim that causes the crashes.
wow thanks a lot for that input. i was suspicious that it may be a single sim but for some reason i decided the problem lay with the mats. when i couldn't resolve the matter using the mats, i gave up on the event until i saw your post. since i am already behind time, i decided to change the whole team. i will investigate later to see which sim is the trouble maker.
2018 Holiday Update
iOS 11.2.5

Facebook:- Daphne Natsai Maruta
HFN:- 3 East Side, includes Cat and Dog
HH:- Volcano View
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

dee simmer wrote: 30 Nov 2017, 16:47 […]

wow thanks a lot for that input. i was suspicious that it may be a single sim but for some reason i decided the problem lay with the mats. when i couldn't resolve the matter using the mats, i gave up on the event until i saw your post. since i am already behind time, i decided to change the whole team. i will investigate later to see which sim is the trouble maker.
You‘re welcome :)
Upload your game to the cloud before and after tapping the bubbles. In case anything goes wrong again, you could re-install the game and download your saved data. My game crashed several times and refused to open again. So there was no other way to get it back.
iOS 17.3.1

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

After having no problem with the event, I just had the frustration of repeated game crashes. That is, game blinks out and when restarted, all sims are idle by mailboxes except babies in cribs. It got so bad that finally game would not load at all.

This is what I did that worked for me. Some steps might be unneeded, but not sure what worked so losing them all in order I did them in case it helps others.

1. Delete game from phone and reinstall.
2. Download saved game from cloud.
3. Turn off and restart phone.
4. Go from house to house, giving sims tasks. Start with non-aerobic sims. Save after each house.
5. After all non-aerobic sims are busy and game saved, start on aerobic sims, a lot at a time. If you get a lot of sims busy without crashing, save game.
6. If game crashes, you know it's probably the prolem location. Reopen game. Download saved game from cloud. This will restore all the other busy houses.
7. Change all sims clothes in problem house. Start sims aerobic task one at a time. Save after each sim. If game crashes you've probably found problem sim. Reload game. Download saved game from cloud. Have problem sim do another task. Save game. Choose another sim to do aerobics, if available.

I am now able to continue event without problems (so far.)

I will be saving to cloud each time I finish a house of aerobic sims, and just before I close the game. That way, if another sim "goes bad", hopefully I'll be able to download from cloud and save most of my progress.

Apparently some sims hate aerobics as much as I do.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

In short, the problem lies in 1 or 2 specific sim doing the aerobics,right? At least that's how it goes with my game. I guess I will let the 2 sims who probably hate doing the aerobics, do some other hobbies.
ErinPW

Game crashing with Aerobics hobby

Post by ErinPW »

My sims completed the event yesterday. They have to do something anyway, so they continued to do the aerobics.

I tried something with a sim that did participate in the event without causing problems. She wore top & pants and always changed into the pink aerobic set. Yesterday I gave her the cheerleader outfit an she did the aerobic hobby wearing that outfit. I changed her back to top & pants before I left her behind on the aerobic mat over night. I wasn‘t really expecting a crash, but the game did :roll:

The „crash sims“ have things in common:
Clothes from the outfit tab.
They did not change into the standard aerobics outfit.
I changed their clothes, so they do change into the standard aerobics outfit.
They did aerobic and cooking. After cooking the first step onto the aerobic mat caused the crash.
Both sims could do the aerobic hobby without the game crashing again after they have practised diving.

I‘m curious what happens if I don‘t take away the outfit 🤔
iOS 17.3.1

mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I have 14 sims that only do the aerobics hobby now (with the diving hobby to reset). I have one sim that always switches between the aerobics hobby and the ice sculpture hobby when there are aerobics hobby events going on.

Of those 15 sims, 8 are wearing outfits from the outfit tab that I haven't changed in any way. 1 of those sims never changes into the pink aerobics outfit. I do have one sim who isn't wearing an outfit but is wearing activewear - she stays in the activewear clothes I put her in.

My game has never crashed with the aerobics hobby.

I will test my sim that doesn't change her outfit. I'll check first to see what happens when she does the cooking but no change to outfit. Then change to outfit but no cooking and finally change to outfit and cooking.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

mockingbird288z wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 00:58
I will test my sim that doesn't change her outfit. I'll check first to see what happens when she does the cooking but no change to outfit. Then change to outfit but no cooking and finally change to outfit and cooking.
All tests with the same sim:

1) Cooking before aerobics hobby, in outfit that doesn't change to activewear outfit - game crashes.

2) Diving before aerobics hobby, in outfit that changes to activewear outfit - game doesn't crash.

3) Cooking before aerobics hobby, in outfit that changes to activewear outfit - game crashes.

Tests 1 and 3 were with the same outfit. I changed the outfit for test 2 and then put the sim back into the same outfit again for test 3. Although it was the same outfit that didn't change before it changed for Test 3. I did Test 3 in a couple different clothes (not from outfits tab) but still with the same sim and the game kept crashing.

For Test 3 I also tried sim cooking in one set of clothes, changing clothes, and then going to aerobics hobby and the game still crashed.

When testing the cooking hobby and then switching to aerobics hobby with a different sim that always changed into the activewear the game didn't crash.

So it does seem to be a problem caused by the sim and switching from cooking hobby to aerobics hobby. The problem sim is identified by not changing the outfit they are wearing into the standard aerobics hobby outfit.

Changing the outfit so the sim did change into the aerobics hobby didn't stop the crashing. The only thing that stopped the crashing was make sure that sim didn't go from cooking hobby to aerobics hobby.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update