Latest SFP update adds some NON-Simlish "humor"

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
jVanDuyn
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Latest SFP update adds some NON-Simlish "humor"

Post by jVanDuyn »

Hello and good evening, everyone/anyone at US(F)F:

Just loaded the latest SFP update on my iPhone this weekend and during SFP gameplay today the verbal remark eminated from my Sims Freeplay game audio (and i quote, the exact wording was: "Phew...I'm exhausted." (via non-Simlish) verbage (lingo)). Mind you, this was in-game and kind of stunned me, initially, as i had never heard any such spoken remark or verbal sound effect spoken in the English language from WITHIN the Sims Freeplay game. To be sure, i have the official EA SFP version of Sims Freeplay (installed on my iPhone) -- (i have not loaded ANY mods , now or ever).

Has ANYONE Sim-ming Freely out there come across THIS yet??? It has happened twice after 2 hours of SFP gameplay yesterday evening and the remark is comes via audio (spoken words in English as: "Phew...I'm exhausted"). I updated automatically via Apple App Store EA official SFP update.

If anyone else has come across this scenario please advise or post when possible. Wierd, it is or what?! I've never heard the any of my Sims or the SFP Game speak out in common English. They have only palavered in Simlish, AFAIK. Am going to install SFP on my old Android phone and install the full current update to see if this same scenarios (English speaking Sims/English feedback during in-game play). Yikes! Have i stumbled upon some hidden SFP "easter egg"...or have i burned out my Sims working them "to-the bone"? What in the Simdickens is going on?
ErinPW

Re: Latest SFP update adds some NON-Simlish "humor"

Post by ErinPW »

When do you hear „phew, I‘m exhausted“? Maybe, I can hear that, too :)

The adult males in my game often say „rubberduck“ when talking with other sims and the female sims sometimes do have a German word „haha - geht doch“ (means something like „look, it worked“) when they‘re done with a task :lol:
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
jVanDuyn
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jVanDuyn »

Hey Erin,

The audible Sim remarking: "Phew, I'm exhausted.", <occurs randomly>, mid-game following 2 hours (or more) of consistent gameplay (iPhone and Android). It is a distinctly male voice. It occured after I had set 8 Sims (male and female) to planting beans at a courtesy/community property location and the planting cycle finished.

I have had a glance at the concise syllabus on Simlish linguistics but this was not a compilation of various languages in a phrase. I haven't heard the words "Rubber duck" and gebt doch (gebt = give), there's also "geh doch" (geh doch: meaning= go away - via common German).

I have heard what almost sounded like "guten Tag" (also German meaning: "good day" or "bidding you good day") this was remarked by several female Sims during the course of their toiletting endeavors and i was promptly informed that what the female sim was saying was "Dag"! "Dag"! (Simlish definition unknown but it does have an aussie definition =prig) :lol: I lost no sleep over my misinterpretation (it is fair obvious that I am not fluent in Simlish). The male Sim declaring, "Phew...I'm exhausted" phrase caught me off guard in that I have not heard any of The SFP Sims eschew an entire sentence in pure unbroken English without jumbling it up with medley of Sim 'jabber-wonky'.

This offhand declaration of exhaustion in plain English from Sim character in the official US version of EA's SFP is something fresh and sassy from the SFP developers and coders, perhaps. I do not toy with mods or glitches so I know it is not an aberration due to an appended mod. Am curious about this new development and will try to follow up through end-user feedback.

It is unknown if this may also occur in SFP versions available in other languages (referring to only the official game). If scouring the threads doesn't pan out I will apply, once again, to SFP developers for more feedback on this scenario. I would like to rule out the possibility of rogue code running in-app. We like a safe clean game of SFP here at home, no offense to mod collaborators.

Thank you for promptly taking time to share some other English (and German) verbage that you came across in-game. I have not yet heard the words you indicated in your post.

No, this little rascal is "tucked away" neatly, and then, on the sudden, reveals itself. It is not unlikely that the remarking of exhaustion is part of "all in a day" for most Sims within SFP's madcap myriad of adventures and quests. I find these curious "odds and ends" are very much a part of what makes this particular game a delight and surprise to its' rapidly growing collective of end-users. What's next?! "SimLife", the movie (of course, with popular subtitles in English, French, German, et al.) :o Who knows?

Note: Am still trawling the various BBS's to see if others have experienced the "Simlish gone English" scenario. No luck, so far, in that respect.
jVanDuyn
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jVanDuyn »

Fellow USFF moderators & members,

Please bear with me: while i diligently gather & prepare additional results regarding this thread on topic (Project: Simlish Gone English?), i am also working on posting helpful SFP gameplay feedback on another thread here in forum. My theory is that the two threads are relevant to one another, to some extent and, that the isolated Sim's remark regarding "being exhausted" is relative to performing certain lengthy tasks while advancing through various stages of SFP beyond Level 43 (post recent update). Again, without drilling down, consulting reputable game app developers and personally directing and applying dozens of much pitied Sim suppliants to "do the dirty work" of grinding through the nultitude of unrelenting tasks in order to provide the proof necessary to make theory factual, i am RL indisposed. Without a tad more research and verification, presently just a theory BUT something that proves as a useful game reference for any XP Level SFP Sim'mer. I am certain the very advanced gamers are well aware of certain (even official) online game vendor/sponsors' ethics.

GAME APP: The Sims Freeplay
Current Progress: Level 44_Test Session_07

2,122 Rainbow Cakes (in reserve)
Simtown Value: 12,457, 482
Sim Count: 30

iOS ver. 11.02.02
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

I honestly don't believe that Sims speak anything else but Simlish. We may interpret what we hear them saying as sounding like something from another language, but I think all my chocolatiers shouting "ni hao" after preparing a chocolate is just a coincidence. They still speak Simlish, even if it may sound like saying "hello" in Chinese.

By the way, "dag dag" means "goodbye" in Simlish.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

I usually play with volume turned down, so I haven't heard any new expressions or sound effects...

I think my favourite simlish phrase that I like to misinterpret is when they shout "hahaha, RISSOLES!" after completing something. (Rissoles are a kind of breaded meatball/mince patty, in case anyone isn't familiar with them)

I think "dag dag" can mean either hello or goodbye.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
jVanDuyn
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jVanDuyn »

Hey Thuraya,

I am a (new) member in this forum. I opened this thread hoping someone else may have come across this unique specific incident during in-game play after latest SFP update. I have heard all sorts of Simlish jabber in-game since the time I took up playing SFP for the fun of it. If no else has come across this sort of thing = no big deal. The thread will get buried and no harm done. The thread was not meant to insight a debate or discredit any member's experience with SFP. I can only state the facts of the my incident as it occured following the latest SFP update. Other members may have more information to add as this may be a new element added to the game of SFP, or a very rare occurence that could've been resident prior to the lastest installment of SFP updates. That i do not know.

Am wondering what other new surprises SFP holds in store for us that reveal themselves randomly during in-game play(if any). I do not install mod apps (very risky and troublesome affair). Why spoil the game? I do not want to preclude or dismiss anyone on the basis of their gaming XP'erience or technical knowledge of SFP. This forum is here to assist and share knowledge of the game with other forum members. Any member in forum is welcome to report on this specific type incident (after current update) in forum and on topic (if this is not part of your gaming experience, it's ok). No one is obliged to validate or invalidate said scenario but please feel free to post to thread (if same type of game audio feedback occurs for you). I launched this thread and I reported what I came across while in-game (with proper intentions -- not with the intent to sensationalize this scenario). I didn't guess it would cause a fuss. I have no reason to embellish but i DO realize some players and members feel very strongly about their level of experience re: SFP and their inherent knowledge of it. The game has had updates and visual changes. It is only fair to say there may be other new changes or rare surprises (hidden "easter eggs") included in the game. Other games do contain such rare "swag-code", some occur when you reach a certain point in the game and afford a player a bonus or a good laugh.

Above all, no one is obliged to agree with my findings or concur. I am working on adding to another thread in this forum on another topic (as i was advised to do so, accordingly) with intention of offering assistance and help to other members. I am not a simulation game aficionado but i do have a fair amount of knowledge about the mechanics of this particular game. I have had very good luck with SFP since the latest update. Your post is very welcome here. I am establishing spoken queues (remarks) based on "Simlish speak" == some SFP game players come across these, single out and attempt to decipher (on this 'particular topic in thread at forum). Deciphering the linguitics involved is not my purpose.

These audible Simlish remarks invariably correspond with a Sim's activity or inactivity and location . I have 'played' 2 online games (2 separate genres) during my lifetime SFP is the second game I previewed. I am not a new to computing, by any means BUT I am a complete nube when it comes to XP'erience with most of the game genre. I chose to join this forum with good intentions. I do not care to squander anyone's time splitting hairs re: the past history of SFP, Simlish or it's meanings. Gameplay queues are worthy of mention but determing their importance in relation to gameplay is what my focus is. SFP is the second game I have road-tested in my lifetime. I am not a youngster. I started with Windows NT 3. I'm a relative fossil. I did not start out reviewing SFP as a game. This started as a study on the phenomenon of online gaming and its impact on the computing masses. Both games I have researched incorporated one or more forms of melded lingual jibberish (their developers, purveyors and commercial sponsor(s) are very tuned in AND did more than just their math on the subject of making the game appealing to ALL players). Ah! Marketting merch is key in the gaming business. I'm not a marketer or a linguist. I see this thread as a venue for members to relate their new experiences and varied opinions re: gaming with SFP after latest update. Always something new for everyone to relate to, admire or identify with each new installment of updates. The new SFP quests and real estate architecture after the latest update is offered with even MORE diversity than in the past years (quite the drain on in-game funds and resources - Simoleons, LP & SP, Yikes!-- pretty costly). I like to stick to topic but I do not want to obscure my purpose, so in reply:

I am certain you have gamed much more than I ever will. Both games i sampled were/are a global phenomenon of technology and entertainment industry, both well received globally (& commercially) -- of the 2, SFP has maintained its' longevity. I like to stick to discussing SFP. That is why I enjoy and admire this forum. It is very current with info on SFP and latest buzz, hints and tips regarding the game (via: staff Ops (Moderators), AOps and members). I thank you for your response -->it is welcome and is as expected. Many SFP players do tend to enjoy themselves with deciphering the commonly heard (Simlish) verbal queues (even the music) in various versions of SFP - no harm in it. I did not begin this thread for that purpose and being only a fledgling member i leave it to the discretion of the founder and staff to do as they like with this thread. I take no offense from your post. You are being honest re: your past knowledge and experience of SFP prior to its latest update. I have no doubt my experience will be circumspect (as it appears to be unique and very rare). Thank you for your post

After sampling the mechanics and objectives of SFP I started playing just for fun at my own (i have the SFP (official - ONLY) game setup on my personal iPhone. Prior to playing for fun, i had (2) Apple iPhone 6S+'s, and (3) other Android device(s)) running only the official versions of SFP (loading mods can severly damage a device's operating software's stability). I sat down with 4 other people to preview SFP to road-test the mechanics and objectives of the game. That was not for the love of the game. Now I play for the fun of it in my spare time.

SFP has turned out to be loads of fun. It is relaxing and offers more gaming challenges and improvements with every update. There are issues, as with many an online games. I do not want to discredit anyones XP'perience(s) with SFP, but i don't mind other players discounting mine. The "glass is half full..the glass i half empty" adage applies.

I prefer to help other SFP's gamers with safe (not risky) tidbits of strategy that assist them in budgetting and achieving resources without frittering away more time and RL resources than they feel is worthy of a game. Of course, others may have the money to toss onto a bonfire fueled by pound sterling, dollars, ducats or dinars, etc. i suppose, then there would be no reason to balk at "sky-is-the-limit" purchases of game resources. I did not need to invest any of my own money in researching what invokes people to play automated online games on a daily basis.

This thread is of my own devise. This is a lovely forum where members and visitors come and go to give & get assistance, post on thread to gather knowledge or extoll knowledge to others who seek it or have run across the same occurence - and attempt to see if there are occurences of this nature (non-Simlish). This thread was not meant to offend or discredit anyone's experience with SFP.

Loads of fun! Good luck and good gaming!

All the best to you,

VanDy
jVanDuyn
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jVanDuyn »

Hey contrarysims:

I have! heard! this word while during gameplay. Rissoles! Hahahah! After my female Sim character finished washing her hands after cooking a meal. I have actually tasted one while i was in Chicago. They are so good but very tasty! Lots of work to make them. Good work, another word and i am assigning various activity associated with it. "Rissoles" is a queue of completion. The Sims' dialogue on the phone is also represented by the bubble over their heads with little images of various articles available (at various levels of game): pair of rubber gloves, eggplant, ham, various electronic appliances, etc.). I would think these images represent that particular Sims dialogue or even "wishlist". What do you say? I notice these articles are usually costlier than most 2 star value items. Since the SFP game now has in-store recommendations I would venture a guess that they would like us to spend a little more on higher-end SFP merch figuring we are ignoring the Sims' 'wishlist'. Any ideas?
jVanDuyn
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Case of the "The Mysterious Black Gloves"

Post by jVanDuyn »

Greetings ALL members of USFF:

This may or may not be helpful with SFP game but there have been mysterious occurence and visible changes made to SFP prior to this current update, as well -- which circumvented the appearance of: "the mysterious black gloves appearing on a resident female Simtown member). I have noticed (since prior to the last of over 6 updates to current update) one of my female Sims is no longer randomly appearing wearing 'black gloves that came out of nowhere (long black gloves, which at Levels 1 - 43, not available in the Sims' wardrobe or any of the SFP in-game stores (AIFK), they may come with the quest prizes/online store purchases but i did not buy them thusly). i had not purchased these gloves for her (have no idea where they came from). NO Mods appended EVER.

This tidbit was a mystery for me. The 'black gloves' looked like the formal gloves a lady might wear at a gala or red-carpet affair. This occurred at level 33 after i had her drive her white Prius around Sim town. During her drive i managed to score 1 LP in the bargain but the rest of my wins in this instance came in increments of less than 20 Simoleons each), I popped into her residence to tend her after she completed her drive to find her wearing the "mysterious black formal gloves". It happened severally but only with the one particular female Sim (which was the very first female Sim i created in that particular Simtown game - Android phone) following the same course of activity. I tried to recreate the scenario, of course, to see if I would also receive additional LP during her drive around town. No such luck. (each time i had her dress in the same attire she wore the first time it happed. She initially left her home dressed in capri pants and a 3/4 sleeve striped pullover blouse and white canvas tennis shoes -- minus gloves of any kind). I had the chance to have very same female Sim repeat this procedure with the same result but no LP. Others have experienced this scenario with their female Sims at that stage in time query the incident -- (also: the other users were all Android+SFP players). The "black gloved Sim" scenario ceased to happen just 2 weeks prior to Halloween of 2017. Perhaps subsequent updates phased out the "mysterious black gloves". THAT did catch me by surprise..it was also a rare occurence -- screen shots were exchanged and submitted. Loads of fun.

As for muting the volume while playing SFP, I had done so frequently, myself (sometimes a gal has to do what she has to do..where she needs to tune out the hustle and bustle of her SFP populus.) I well understand, <contrarysims>
jVanDuyn
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jVanDuyn »

Hey contrarysims, SFP members, et al.,

Thank you for submitting your finds on Simlish words and phrases post latest update and such.

"Rissoles!" is a Simlish exclamation that finds itself assigned to Female Sim characters after washing, and cleaning up (even after changing baby Sims' diapers). I have not come upon any Male Sim remarking "Rissoles" (in-game). If other members come across a Male Sim using this Simlish phrase please post here. If anyone here is interested, i am putting together a list of Simlish remarks assigned to separate genders and age groups of Sim which correspond to their in-game activities and actions. To-date i have not been able to come across the pure English remark: "Phew..I'm exhausted!" by a Male Sim, after over a dozen test sessions in duplicating events and details of original occurrence. The game app is constructed with queues but there are also game "cues" (a signal to perform or complete an action in response to said signal or indicator - such cues can be audible or visual in nature in SFP).

These Simlish remarks represent a cue of completion of various Sim activities and functions. I find i can step away from the game with volume turned on and listen for the activity that i engaged my Sim character in, and listen for the audible Simlish remark/cue of completion, while knowing (if a pair of male and female Sims on property lot location are tasking) and step right in to send the proper gender Sim on their way to yet another activity without keeping my eyes peeled on the device screen -- without having to look to see which Sim is sporting the "plumb bob". Especially if their "plumb bob" is obscured by an object (ei. tree limbs, plant sprouts, etc.)

As always, loads of fun and best of luck,

VanDy