New super babies

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
valerian
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

New super babies

Post by valerian »

So I gave birth today to the superbaby (I decided to recreate Harry Potter - so I have a clone now 8-) ) and not sure what to think about it - I aged him up to adult as I wanted to see in each stage what are the time differences to normal sims and they are not very significant (most significant is hibernate in 3star bed 19hrs vs 18hrs). Anyone is going to try to repopulate town? (I keep my sims at 26, so it would take like 8-9months so nope for me) Anything else you noticed?
example of hobbies that appear in quests:
Woodworking: Quick Practice: 4:45 vs 5hrs
Fashion: Design Fashion 9:30 vs 10min
lvl 54
HFN: #4 West Oceanside
HH: #1 West Oceanside
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: New super babies

Post by SKatF »

valerian wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 16:15 So I gave birth today to the superbaby (I decided to recreate Harry Potter - so I have a clone now 8-) ) and not sure what to think about it - I aged him up to adult as I wanted to see in each stage what are the time differences to normal sims and they are not very significant (most significant is hibernate in 3star bed 19hrs vs 18hrs). Anyone is going to try to repopulate town? (I keep my sims at 26, so it would take like 8-9months so nope for me) Anything else you noticed?
example of hobbies that appear in quests:
Woodworking: Quick Practice: 4:45 vs 5hrs
Fashion: Design Fashion 9:30 vs 10min
Looks like a 5% time improvement.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

valerian wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 16:15 So I gave birth today to the superbaby
personaly, im cracking up :lol: i read this sentences and was like.. wait. /wait. WAIT. :lol:

tiny bit disappointed upon the mere 5% improovement but then... all i want are permanently inspired toddlers doing hobbies. ;D
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
valerian
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by valerian »

randy_thrandy wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 16:43
valerian wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 16:15 So I gave birth today to the superbaby
personaly, im cracking up :lol: i read this sentences and was like.. wait. /wait. WAIT. :lol:

tiny bit disappointed upon the mere 5% improovement but then... all i want are permanently inspired toddlers doing hobbies. ;D
:D :D

I don't think they are permanently inspired - they are just not affected by being uninspired. Because even when the baby was born, it was hungry and all like regular baby. For it to sparkle I needed to feed it, ... But the sims triangle is always sparkling green - that is different with them.
lvl 54
HFN: #4 West Oceanside
HH: #1 West Oceanside
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

ohhh so that means that ... they what? i don't get it. if their bars get low, do they just continue to doing everything an inspired sim would or what? the bonus is that they don't have those smelly clouds around them or walk like they might die any moment or become home-stationed once their bars get too low? is that the trick ? because if it is i really don't get it. a regular sim that behaves like an eternally inspired except it's ... not. i'm sorry i'm having a really hard time trying to wrap my mind around this one. :lol:
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

This topic is helping to understand the superbaby trait much better because I was super confused regarding the differences between the superbaby and inspired sims.
marktheperson
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by marktheperson »

Yeah, super babies are not *that* great, imo. Definitely not worth the SP I spent speeding up tasks to get them lol.

I guess if you're bored and collecting the baby furniture anyways, it can't hurt to make a few super babies/teens/etc. maybe one for each age group (to make weekly quests slightly easier. but yeah, no lol.
LucyGross
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by LucyGross »

You can give your baby a slice of Rainbow Cake and that satisfies it for 24 hours.
My Sims are fully caffeinated. :twisted:
Haunted house is across from the Community Center (home of the white guy with black hair & a mustache).
HFN is the starter house.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

LucyGross wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 10:21 You can give your baby a slice of Rainbow Cake and that satisfies it for 24 hours.
I don't think this is a superbaby trait, as I can do it with "normal" babies.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

SKatF wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 21:49
LucyGross wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 10:21 You can give your baby a slice of Rainbow Cake and that satisfies it for 24 hours.
I don't think this is a superbaby trait, as I can do it with "normal" babies.
i dont think it is, either. so far my superbaby is still a baby so the only thing the /unaffected by low motives/ trait does to it, is keep it smiling and gurgling. the motives get low anyway and it needs to be fed, bathed etc like a regular baby.
i am not impressed.
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~