A Few questions for a casual player-

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Sigs_Minock
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 17
Joined: 07 Jul 2018, 05:06
x 5

A Few questions for a casual player-

Post by Sigs_Minock » 07 Jul 2018, 05:54

Greetings, I've been playing this game for several months and have gotten to the point where i need to ask some questions-

1> Can my teen sims in the main town go to the high school in the city? I've got two teens, who've not gotten any education, have completed the adulthood quest- with my current town, building the high school in the main town is going to cost me 1mil Simbucks- a price that will take me a long time to grind up. I'd rather not build the city school only to find out that i'd have to move the teens to the city to get their education.

2> I am highly considering resetting my game, as i've several household and am getting tired of grinding for simbucks and hoping to do some early game tricks to get some major bank. Im at the point in the game where building in the main city is costing me several hundred of thousands simbucks. Currently i'm stuck in the Elder quest line, as i need 700,000 Simbuck to build the Snow Park-- and i'd like to build the Maternity shop and do the pregnancy quest, but with the Elder questline hindering my wallet- i'm considering resetting.
so the question- If i were to reset and start fresh, what are some good methods to farm up simbucks early game, and what are the vital building to construct? I regret building the Night Club- nothing ever happens there, building the stables was a waste of time and money, and i'd rather use my money more wisely.

3> Is there any other ways to get Neighbors, other than Facebook? I don't care for social media, CIA/NSA spying, or Zuckerberg's data-mining. I've been stuck because the default neighbor city doesn't have any items that need to do the missions- like the Auctioneer stand. wtf?

If people are wondering why i'm considering resetting- I've several households, 23 sims including two teens, a preteen, and three toddlers; my sims in the interactive professions are all rank 6/7 of their professions and are now doing not much else in their job aside from gathering items in hopes of opening up the other parts for future progression and more grinding. My town is so big, that it costs several hundred of thousands of simbucks to build anything- and it'll take weeks of gardening and working to build one- then EVEN MORE grinding to do.
I think its time to start fresh, with a padded bank account, before i go to start family quests then, hopefully starting with the maternity quest.

Thanks.
0 x

User avatar
garishplum
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 234
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 07:39
x 21
Contact:

Re: A Few questions for a casual player-

Post by garishplum » 07 Jul 2018, 09:12

1. Once you build your school, you can send your teen or preteen sim to school regardless of their location on the map.

2. Just to preface, this is what has worked for me over the years. Some people may have better suggestions than I do as the newer version of the game is completely different from when I started years ago.

If you decide to reset, my suggestion is to not build anything until there is a quest involved BUT you run the risk of not having a building available for weekly goals. IMO I feel like the park, the ski/snow lodge, the mall, the community center, the castle, the beach, the arcade, and the bingo center, are the most used during weekly quests. The park being the most important to the bingo center, being least important. I don't think I have ever used the nightclub, the restaurant, stables, or the carnival during weekly quests. The one 'good' thing about the bingo center is that you could win 15,000 simoleans. I always lost, so I don't think it was worth the value. I usually have my senior sims fish. I like the stable (even though it isn't really necessary) because I have unicorns to boost my needs when I run out of cake slices. It is important to keep your sims motivated and not idle because they make more money.

And as far as making money 'quickly', I'll leave that to other players to answer. I've been at this game off and on for years, and it is a LOT of grinding. My personal favorite hobbies are diving and cooking. I switch between them to gain LP and simoleans. Save your LP and SP for when you really need them because you may need to spend more than you realize during quests.

3.With the Game Center being obsolete (assuming you have IOs as I am not sure about other platforms), Facebook is the only way to get neighbors.
1 x
Level 55!
GC: garishplum

Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 303
Joined: 11 Apr 2017, 20:41
x 136

Re: A Few questions for a casual player-

Post by Simsaddict456 » 07 Jul 2018, 09:41

Sigs_Minock wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 05:54
1> Can my teen sims in the main town go to the high school in the city? I've got two teens, who've not gotten any education, have completed the adulthood quest- with my current town, building the high school in the main town is going to cost me 1mil Simbucks- a price that will take me a long time to grind up. I'd rather not build the city school only to find out that i'd have to move the teens to the city to get their education.
I just want to clarify, the only school that functions as a normal school is the one in the main town aka you send teen sims there for a couple of hours and get some simoleons in return. The one in the city is just a location you can visit with your sims and do the hobby, it is nice to look at but at the end of the day mostly useless.

I don't think reseting will lessen the amount of grinding you have to do in this game unfortunately, but if you still plan to go through with it: I recommend playing normally until you unlock the cooking hobby and then using all your sims to do that, have maybe three cheap houses with 4 sims in each. Then you can buy a house only worth lps, for example japanese retreat and sell the furniture there to gain some easy cash, when you have enough I recommend buying a nice architect home. I recommend also using the lps and rush through all the quests, since the last quest unlocks a singing fish which is very useful for quickly inspiring sims. Check videos made by Contrarysims on youtube to get some more tips, her videos are pretty recent so they should still be relevant :D
1 x

User avatar
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult
Posts: 524
Joined: 25 Jan 2016, 23:13
x 111

Re: A Few questions for a casual player-

Post by copperwood » 07 Jul 2018, 18:14

My advice is don't do any discovery quest unless the reward is something you really want.

If you do reset one way to get some starting money is to build the Japanese retreat and selling of the rooms and items or putting the items in inventory to sell later. Then demolish the lot and build it again. This works mainly if you only have one other lot built so the build time is only 5 minutes and the cost to build it is very low. If you take your time, you can save up a few millions. You can also build the Neo Tokyo a few times this way, to get the 3 star items it has and it will also give you profit selling of the rooms. Just a little less than the Japanese Retreat. Don't have more than one other lot built though, or the build time and build cost are higher.

Whenever you do a main quest with no time limit don't finish it as soon as possible. Build up your simoleons and LP's before you finish it. And always check the requirements of the next few quests before completing the one with no time limit.

Stay away from the professions as long as possible. They are a real drag. Once you are ready for them, only build one at the time and level it up to a very high percentage before building the next one.

And I second the advice not to build a commercial lot until required by a main quest.

Also don't do the pregnancy event yet. Those doctor and yoga appointments are expensive. I have to pay from over 100,000 to over 200,000 each time and you get one of those every day. The other option is to pay with LP's. I think it's somewhere between 12 and 15 LP's each time.
0 x

User avatar
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult
Posts: 524
Joined: 25 Jan 2016, 23:13
x 111

Re: A Few questions for a casual player-

Post by copperwood » 07 Jul 2018, 19:04

As for neighbors you could always create a Facebook account just for the game. Use a separate email, fake name and go through all the settings to limit access wherever possible.

I'm on Android 7.0 and I can actually still add people through Google+. I just checked and it still worked. This might not be the case for newer versions of Android.
0 x

JaneRoettinger
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 64
Joined: 06 Jan 2015, 08:32
x 18
Contact:

Re: A Few questions for a casual player-

Post by JaneRoettinger » 08 Jul 2018, 19:08

I think resetting is a bad idea. Few millions of simoleons won't make that big difference to sacrifice months of progress. There is a lot of grinding in SFP and reset won't change it. Even if you do some tricks to save few millions of simoleons you still will have to grind for LPs, SPs, profession resources, life orbs, live event resources, maternity tokens etc. So only patience will help you and reading carefully tips and guides on this forum. There is a lot of useful information here about quests, weekly tasks, prices etc (actually about everything).
Sigs_Minock wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 05:54
1> Can my teen sims in the main town go to the high school in the city?
No, school in the city is only for doing hobby.
Sigs_Minock wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 05:54
2> I am highly considering resetting my game, as i've several household and am getting tired of grinding for simbucks and hoping to do some early game tricks to get some major bank. Im at the point in the game where building in the main city is costing me several hundred of thousands simbucks. Currently i'm stuck in the Elder quest line, as i need 700,000 Simbuck to build the Snow Park-- and i'd like to build the Maternity shop and do the pregnancy quest, but with the Elder questline hindering my wallet- i'm considering resetting.
As for me pregnancy quest is the most boring thing in SFP. Stupid grinding for wallpapers, 1-star furniture and useless clothes that costs tons of money and lots of time and efforts. I think pregnancy can be interesting only for bored long time players who have everything in their games.
Sigs_Minock wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 05:54
3> Is there any other ways to get Neighbors, other than Facebook?
No.
1 x

User avatar
garishplum
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 234
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 07:39
x 21
Contact:

Re: A Few questions for a casual player-

Post by garishplum » 09 Jul 2018, 01:30

JaneRoettinger wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 19:08
I think resetting is a bad idea. Few millions of simoleons won't make that big difference to sacrifice months of progress. There is a lot of grinding in SFP and reset won't change it. Even if you do some tricks to save few millions of simoleons you still will have to grind for LPs, SPs, profession resources, life orbs, live event resources, maternity tokens etc. So only patience will help you and reading carefully tips and guides on this forum. There is a lot of useful information here about quests, weekly tasks, prices etc (actually about everything).
Sigs_Minock wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 05:54
1> Can my teen sims in the main town go to the high school in the city?
No, school in the city is only for doing hobby.
Sigs_Minock wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 05:54
2> I am highly considering resetting my game, as i've several household and am getting tired of grinding for simbucks and hoping to do some early game tricks to get some major bank. Im at the point in the game where building in the main city is costing me several hundred of thousands simbucks. Currently i'm stuck in the Elder quest line, as i need 700,000 Simbuck to build the Snow Park-- and i'd like to build the Maternity shop and do the pregnancy quest, but with the Elder questline hindering my wallet- i'm considering resetting.
As for me pregnancy quest is the most boring thing in SFP. Stupid grinding for wallpapers, 1-star furniture and useless clothes that costs tons of money and lots of time and efforts. I think pregnancy can be interesting only for bored long time players who have everything in their games.
Sigs_Minock wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 05:54
3> Is there any other ways to get Neighbors, other than Facebook?
No.
Totally agree with your comment regarding the pregnancy quest. It's great that I, as a long time player, finally have something to do in game but goodness gracious it is WAY too expensive and time consuming.
1 x
Level 55!
GC: garishplum

User avatar
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult
Posts: 546
Joined: 29 Jul 2014, 15:37
Location: Florida, USA
x 85

Re: A Few questions for a casual player-

Post by kls1st » 09 Jul 2018, 14:20

garishplum wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 01:30
Totally agree with your comment regarding the pregnancy quest. It's great that I, as a long time player, finally have something to do in game but goodness gracious it is WAY too expensive and time consuming.
I totally agree with that agreement! :lol: I just want the chairs! I really hope it really does sit at an angle. Prolly not though.
Attachments
C0CE7433-2499-4808-8EA9-D25ADB631F00.jpeg
1 x
if ya know, ya know...if ya don’t, ya won’t

ilovethesims
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 91
Joined: 15 Mar 2016, 19:37
Location: Darlington
x 5

Re: A Few questions for a casual player-

Post by ilovethesims » 09 Jul 2018, 20:17

kls1st wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 14:20
garishplum wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 01:30
Totally agree with your comment regarding the pregnancy quest. It's great that I, as a long time player, finally have something to do in game but goodness gracious it is WAY too expensive and time consuming.
I totally agree with that agreement! :lol: I just want the chairs! I really hope it really does sit at an angle. Prolly not though.
They do!
Attachments
Screenshot_20180709-211524.jpg
1 x
Level: 54
Current quest: The school discovery one
Send me a PM if you want to add me :)
Monument Level: All Monuments Complete
No Complete HFN, but one in the works at

User avatar
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult
Posts: 546
Joined: 29 Jul 2014, 15:37
Location: Florida, USA
x 85

Re: A Few questions for a casual player-

Post by kls1st » 09 Jul 2018, 20:25

ilovethesims wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 20:17
kls1st wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 14:20
garishplum wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 01:30
Totally agree with your comment regarding the pregnancy quest. It's great that I, as a long time player, finally have something to do in game but goodness gracious it is WAY too expensive and time consuming.
I totally agree with that agreement! :lol: I just want the chairs! I really hope it really does sit at an angle. Prolly not though.
They do!
Whoopie! Thanks for that. I was prepared to be content but now I’m happy :D
1 x
if ya know, ya know...if ya don’t, ya won’t

Post Reply