Anyone's Architect House Ever Chosen?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Anyone's Architect House Ever Chosen?

Post by Mariel Bravef »

I am curious whether anyone on this forum has ever had the home they submitted chosen as an architect house. If you have, well done! Please post some pics of the house so we can check them out! I know that somewhere there is a thread where people posted houses they have submitted, and I remember there being some really cool and imaginative houses there, many of which will likely never get to be seen by most of the players. I really want to know if anyone ever made it through the screening process, and if so, what the lucky house was. :D
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store
mockingbird288z

Re: Anyone's Architect House Ever Chosen?

Post by mockingbird288z »

At least a couple of members have had their houses selected:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3638&p=49182&hilit=congrats#p49181

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4998&p=69732&hilit=congrats#p69698

We still see those two houses (or slight modifications of them) show up in the architect tab from time to time. That actually happens a lot - the same houses tend to show up a lot. Either the exact same as the first time or slightly changed (as if someone built it, modified it, and resubmitted).
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

Cool. Shame they didn't post pictures, but I guess at the time the houses were in the architect tab for anyone to look at, so they didn't need to.

Surprising they would reuse houses/let people submit houses that are only slightly modified from someone else's creation. I guess they must not check to see if it looks like a previously featured house? You'd think they'd get enough submissions they wouldn't need to reuse! Guess they have certain things they really like.
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

Mariel Bravef wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 05:34 Cool. Shame they didn't post pictures, but I guess at the time the houses were in the architect tab for anyone to look at, so they didn't need to.

Surprising they would reuse houses/let people submit houses that are only slightly modified from someone else's creation. I guess they must not check to see if it looks like a previously featured house? You'd think they'd get enough submissions they wouldn't need to reuse! Guess they have certain things they really like.
I don't think houses get featured again and again because they personally like them that much. It's because a lot of players liked them and spent in-game currency to build them, preferably bought with real money. I am sure they can and do track which houses get built the most. It makes sense to me that they feature players' favorites more than once.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Yes, and FM will sometimes even say that the batch of architect houses are all "fan favorites" (ones that were built a lot by many players). Those tend to be the houses that have a lot of items from events and online purchases. So it's always nice to have another chance at building those houses and getting those items.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

mockingbird288z wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 07:24 Yes, and FM will sometimes even say that the batch of architect houses are all "fan favorites" (ones that were built a lot by many players). Those tend to be the houses that have a lot of items from events and online purchases. So it's always nice to have another chance at building those houses and getting those items.
That makes sense.
marktheperson
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by marktheperson »

One of my homes was chosen last year, it was pretty exciting! I didn't get a notification or anything, it just popped up on the list of new homes one day. I submitted the house during the French Romance event when they were asking for houses with that theme. It had a bunch of French windows and doors, which is why I think it was selected. viewtopic.php?p=59780#p59780
IMG_8092.JPG
I still see variations of it from time to time. I have actually renovated it after a while because I saw other people doing interesting things with it :lol: Nothing of mine has been selected since then unfortunately, but I'm still optimistic. I have one house that is decorated almost exclusively with limited items that I would love to get selected.. if only so that I can cheaply duplicate all of the rare items (and car!) that are included hahaha.
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

That's cool! It's a good looking house. I see what looks like a little pool house or gazebo in the backyard, which is neat. I did something similar to that with one of mine. You have a couple pictures of the interior? :)