A line has been crossed...

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

A line has been crossed...

Post by Mariel Bravef »

I only just noticed this...
FreePlay_2019-01-26-09-17-16.jpg
It makes me so angry! All these expensive items that cost obnoxious amounts of hard to get currency? Sure, go ahead. But IMO wallpaper and flooring should NEVER cost LP or SP! What if you are playing with different looks and want to change it? Unlike an item, which can be stored, you would simply LOSE the 100+ LP it cost you to buy! Not cool, EA!
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store
parakiss
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: A line has been crossed...

Post by parakiss »

I do agree that it is indeed infuriating to see wallpaper and floors cost SP/LP. The blatant money-grabbing on their end has gotten worse especially with the upcoming live event scheduled on the 29th in which there are items that costs over 1 million simoleons and over 100 LPs so just a heads up.
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/yukaricovetta (please indicate you're sfp player before adding)
HFN aka SP house : Starter House @ 22 West Side

Poolside Paradise Update
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

Remember when they recently had a survey "to make the game better"? I do believe they were fishing for what we like the best so they can charge us more for it. LPs to unlock a wallpaper might be ok, but per square is crazy. The new update prices for items according to the Make 2 video on YouTube is nuts too...over a million simoleons for a fireplace...crazy
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

The out of this world prices make me wonder if FM has had all their money embezzled or something and they are trying to make up funds by practically charging us to breath.

The prices are making me more and more angry with every update to the game especially since there’s a lot of the new stuff that I’d love to have more than one of but just can’t justify spending the amount of RL money needed to get the quantity of coin or points required. And then to add to the unaffordable prizes there is the fact that we have to grind and grind and grind some more just to be able to *unlock* the stuff we can’t afford in the first place.🤦‍♀️

Most days it feels like I’m just going through the motions and getting no real fun or joy out of the game but I just can’t bring myself to stop playing incase something good happens with the game.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

bloodredroses01 wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 17:02 The out of this world prices make me wonder if FM has had all their money embezzled or something and they are trying to make up funds by practically charging us to breath.

The prices are making me more and more angry with every update to the game especially since there’s a lot of the new stuff that I’d love to have more than one of but just can’t justify spending the amount of RL money needed to get the quantity of coin or points required. And then to add to the unaffordable prizes there is the fact that we have to grind and grind and grind some more just to be able to *unlock* the stuff we can’t afford in the first place.🤦‍♀️

Most days it feels like I’m just going through the motions and getting no real fun or joy out of the game but I just can’t bring myself to stop playing incase something good happens with the game.
100% agree. I don't wanna get FOMO (fear of missing out) when an event I didn't complete in the past returns if I decide to stop playing.

I'm glad it's not just me that's wondering if FM are having some kind of money issue...
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
RubyRed
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by RubyRed »

Thinking currently they might just be in a high pricing stage for this. Got to have a high end here and there, but I hope they have nothing goes past ex price over all, at least no single item is over 1 mill for the item... yet. I hope not passing the one mill mark is one of the few limiters they have, but as they are devs of the game. I have no idea what there limits are and in no place to ask them what they think they will be either....

But I can keep playing and enjoying That is the main thing.
parakiss
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by parakiss »

All these expensive stuff that comes with the events/quests lately just makes me feel like skipping them. It's already tedious completing them on time but you also gotta pay a fortune to buy them from home store after using up the first free one.
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/yukaricovetta (please indicate you're sfp player before adding)

Poolside Paradise Update
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

Yeah, the prices just seem to keep rising... I've been annoyed by how expensive some stuff is for awhile now, especially if you consider the sheer amount of time grinding even the most efficient player needs to accumulate a given amount of LP and SP (assuming you're playing the game how you SUPPOSED to and not exploiting glitches or whatever) it's completely insane.
I like to really mess around with different looks when designing a house, and may switch between multiple wallpapers and floors, comparing and adjusting, etc. so seeing them charging LP per square for wallpaper now just makes me burn. >:[
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store
parakiss
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by parakiss »

I can understand the desire to purchase stuff that costs LP if it's within reasonable range like some of those chalet stuff but wallpaper being charged for LPs is just ridiculous. Most of the time people play with walls down and there is hardly a difference if you use such expensive wallapaper in house designs.

That aside, the ad popup is even more annoying especially when I'm trying to do cooking hobby. It made me contemplete going from VIP2 (at the moment) to VIP3 just to turn them off. EA has gotten way more greedy and they can't even be bothered to be sneaky anymore about it

Poolside Paradise Update
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

I don't mind the ad popup, except when it pops up when I've got nothing going on. Then I just dismiss it and deal with Osiris or the Grouch looking at me and *facepalm*ing. I'm like, you're the one not paying attention, dude!
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims