Architect Homes Refined Romance Update

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
ErinPW

Re: Architect Homes 2018 Holiday Update

Post by ErinPW »

mockingbird288z wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 20:51
3luv4eva3 wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 19:30
ErinPW wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 07:49
bluebeariscool wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 12:47 I notice there is also a new house on the regular house tab. A designer starter home which we get to build for free! Not much in this game is free anymore.
The player made a few changes at the ground floor I think, but has added and decorated a little basement and an upper floor with balcony and exterior stairs. Guess that's enough to count as own design.
I'm very confused. Can someone please explain?

Is there a new template or not? I'm not getting any new ones that are supposedly free on my end...
There's no new template. The Designer Starter House is from this online bundle. You had to buy it for real money to unlock it.
I didn't have the newer Designer Starter House in my mind. Guess, I wouldn't recognize that one, if it shows up within the architect homes :oops: My post referred to the second house on standard lots. It's a redecorated Designer Home which was available already when I started playing.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

ErinPW wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 22:09
bluebeariscool wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 12:47 I notice there is also a new house on the regular house tab. A designer starter home which we get to build for free! Not much in this game is free anymore.
The player made a few changes at the ground floor I think, but has added and decorated a little basement and an upper floor with balcony and exterior stairs. Guess that's enough to count as own design.

Is there a new template or not? I'm not getting any new ones that are supposedly free on my end...
There's no new template. The Designer Starter House is from this online bundle. You had to buy it for real money to unlock it.
I didn't have the newer Designer Starter House in my mind. Guess, I wouldn't recognize that one, if it shows up within the architect homes :oops: My post referred to the second house on standard lots. It's a redecorated Designer Home which was available already when I started playing.
Thank you for clarification Erin, but it's not redecorated on my game. Do you have any images available that prove that the Designer House has had an update?
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 00:07
ErinPW wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 22:09

Thank you for clarification Erin, but it's not redecorated on my game. Do you have any images available that prove that the Designer House has had an update?
I think there's just a lot of miscommunication here. Bluebeariscool thought the Designer Starter House was just a brand new house template given to everyone. Erin thought Bluebeariscool was saying the Designer Home was "new" in the architect homes tab and Erin was saying it was redecorated enough that it could be considered new. Erin's second post was her explaining what she was thinking. And then you thought Erin was saying that the Designer Home template in the regular home tab was redecorated.

To clarify:
There is no new home template for free for everyone in the regular template tab. There is a house in the Architect Homes tab that is a modified version of the Designer Home. There have been no changes to the Designer Home in the regular template tab.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Architect Homes Refined Romance Update

Post by SKatF »

Now I'm confused again. You'd think they could find unique names ... look at home plan sites for ideas if you're not good at it firemonkeys!

I have Designer Starter template free in my Real Estate Homes tab. Never noticed it before. It appears the same as the template in the Designer Living pack Leah refers to as only available for purchase with RL $ in the store. Checked with friends. 4 games have it, none bought it. Don't the have hairdo, etc. in my game, just the house template.

Is it a new freebie or have I gone senile and forgot a prize I won? Is it an EA goof and should I built it before they yank it back? It would be a good home to dude up with the fancy stuff in the current event.
Attachments
First floor screenshot of Designer Starter Home
First floor screenshot of Designer Starter Home
"Old" Designer Home in LP section of Real Estate tab, been around forever, currently a redesign in Architect Homes tab with 2nd floor added
"Old" Designer Home in LP section of Real Estate tab, been around forever, currently a redesign in Architect Homes tab with 2nd floor added
New? Designer Starter home in simolean section of Real Estate tab
New? Designer Starter home in simolean section of Real Estate tab
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Since I purchased the pack I can't speak to why those who didn't have it. It definitely wasn't from a prize as I only unlocked it once I purchased the pack for the hair and I've completed every event. Since it has been available prior to this update I don't think we should call it new.

And we can stop talking about the designer home as that confusion has already been cleared up. :)

It could be a goof - wouldn't hurt to build it at least once although there isn't much to it.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

Never bought that template so I never had it. But it's strange for people to have it if they didn't purchased it...

Would love to have that home though as there are items in that house that I don't have...

Thank you Leah for clearing up all the confusion. I couldn't help but jump at the thought of a new in-game house template as suggested by bluebeariscool. Then I fell flat on my face upon realising that maybe not all is legit. But at least I'm not the only one who became unsure about the whole situation lol.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mockingbird288z wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 01:23 […)
Thank you for clarifying, Leah!
3luv4eva3 wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 02:08 […]
It was my bad. I'm sorry for causing confusion :oops:
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Jemappellelaura
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Jemappellelaura »

One of the apartment architect homes also has 2 of the new socialite black couches
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

I love this house! Not because it's my favorite design ever, but because this is the kind of house we almost NEVER get to see in the architect houses. Most of the architect houses these days don't really seem like homes to me at all, many of them look less like somewhere a family lives and more like a fancy hotel or a resort, and everything is neat and proportional and staged looking. Not this house. It's huge and cluttered, full of random stuff and happily rambling across an entire premium lot. It looks like a house designed by a real player with his or her own unknown purpose in mind, who had a whole lot of FUN making it. I would like to see more houses like this one! Oh well, one can dream. :/
Attachments
7CCA2328-6386-44ED-9DA3-24631BB9AF53.jpeg
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

There are new architect homes.

Feb. 18th.
Feb. 18th.

Penthouse Apartments

Feb. 18th.
Feb. 18th.

Houseboats

Feb. 18th.