Can you bring someone into town as a senior or do they have to age up?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Can you bring someone into town as a senior or do they have to age up?

Post by chamilet »

I want to add the Twelfth Doctor to my town and the actor is 60 so I don't really want a young guy to play him, not that Senior really fits, either.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Can you bring someone into town as a senior or do they have to age up?

Post by copperwood »

I wouldn't use a senior. They are very limited in what they can do, clothing selection is abysmal, they have a belly, those weird eyebrows and also walk stooped.

I would use an adult and give him gray hair.

The create a sim is only for adults. You can age them up by:

1. keeping them busy all the time (takes a long time)
2. Give them a life dream and fulfill it (probably takes a few days)
3. Bake a birthday cake and use it to age the sim up (1 day - need 5 LP's)

If you use an adult, you won't have to do any of that
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Instead of using a birthday cake you can give a personality to an adult sim and age him up for 2 LPs at the age controller.
E7D1CFA2-03BC-4E17-B288-D4E80D6DC4A2.jpeg
But like copperwood I'd have an adult sim for the role, because they can do many more tasks. I also think, there are clothes that would help for the look of a young senior.
Here are two examples for a male sim
Attachments
Young male senior
Young male senior
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

The Twelfth Doctor? That sounds like fun, let me try.
2019-02-22 15.20.22.png
2019-02-22 15.52.54.png
Adults have way more options to be styled like the Doctor, considering the amount of faces, hairstyles and clothes they have. Of course, the clothes are not quite right, but I needed some type of dark and long coat and tried some more or less formal versions. I used one of the Asian faces, looking for a narrow shape with some lines, and used makeup to hide the eyes (I do that a lot, half of my Sims have Asian faces for variety, female makeup works better for this). The hair is fine, I think.
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

ErinPW wrote: 22 Feb 2019, 12:17 But like copperwood I'd have an adult sim for the role, because they can do many more tasks. I also think, there are clothes that would help for the look of a young senior.
Oh-good-lord-when-did-they-introduce-man-buns-and-can-they-please-go-away? Luckily, I missed out on getting those, apparently!

Yeah, the Seniors are a bit limited. And I think their overall lifespan is shorter.
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

Thuraya wrote: 22 Feb 2019, 14:57 The Twelfth Doctor? That sounds like fun, let me try. 2019-02-22 15.20.22.png2019-02-22 15.52.54.png
Adults have way more options to be styled like the Doctor, considering the amount of faces, hairstyles and clothes they have. Of course, the clothes are not quite right, but I needed some type of dark and long coat and tried some more or less formal versions. I used one of the Asian faces, looking for a narrow shape with some lines, and used makeup to hide the eyes (I do that a lot, half of my Sims have Asian faces for variety, female makeup works better for this). The hair is fine, I think.
Oooo, those are pretty good! I have to get some people moved in together pretty quick so I can try those out. I don't know if I remember seeing any of that as options though on my game. Are those extra outfits and hair?
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

I'm turning my Random Yaboe town into a Whovian town. So far I have River Song, Ianto Jones, Rose Tyler, Jack Harkness, Owen Harper, Gwen Cooper, Andy Davidson and Martha Jones as my perma Sims. I want to rotate the Doctor through Nine-Thirteen if I can.
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

chamilet wrote: 22 Feb 2019, 16:19 I don't know if I remember seeing any of that as options though on my game. Are those extra outfits and hair?
The suit is from the Wedding Belles Live Event. The less formal black coat can be bought at the Sunset Mall, see here viewtopic.php?t=4522#p63896.
The hairstyle is from the online store, unfortunately. See here viewtopic.php?t=4420&start=60#p66926. But there are some grey hairstyles by default that look a little less messy.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

chamilet wrote: 22 Feb 2019, 16:14
ErinPW wrote: 22 Feb 2019, 12:17 But like copperwood I'd have an adult sim for the role, because they can do many more tasks. I also think, there are clothes that would help for the look of a young senior.
Oh-good-lord-when-did-they-introduce-man-buns-and-can-they-please-go-away? Luckily, I missed out on getting those, apparently!

Yeah, the Seniors are a bit limited. And I think their overall lifespan is shorter.
The man-buns are not really my taste either, but it seems to be the only hairstyle that matches my sim's character :D Also, I'm using hairstyles and -colors to make my sims look different.

We could earn hairstyles with the live event "Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow" in December 2017 and January 2018. Pictures can be found here.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

ErinPW wrote: 22 Feb 2019, 18:42
The man-buns are not really my taste either, but it seems to be the only hairstyle that matches my sim's character :D Also, I'm using hairstyles and -colors to make my sims look different.

We could earn hairstyles with the live event "Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow" in December 2017 and January 2018. Pictures can be found here.
I think that was during my fed-up-with-the-grind-of-this-game time, unfortunately. :cry: