Building or Remodeling Help

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Arcadia
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Building or Remodeling Help

Post by Arcadia »

I need help in remodeling a house. Is there a way to reduce one room while enlarging another. The two rooms are side my side. Is there a guide somewhere are building a house.
Sue Dwyer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Building or Remodeling Help

Post by Sue Dwyer »

When remodeling, each room is dealt with individually. In the home store, go to house/room. You will be able to resize the room by moving walls. Sometimes a wall will not be moveable because of the original order in which they were made. If this is the case, you may need to delete the adjoining room first. You can delete a whole room by clicking the center of the room and choosing X. The game will confirm you want to delete the room and send the contents to inventory. You will not be able to change or delete a room if there is a room above it. You would have to delete that one first.

Hope this helps.
mrs_smartt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by mrs_smartt »

I have a question that would fit here. If I turn an empty lot into a tree maze for catching ghosts like how Perturbee has done, how much will that add to my town value as opposed to building a house on the lot? Or would it have to be a mixture of maze and buildings to increase town value?
GC: TARDIS Rose (Closed)(Not Updated)
Wildlife Sanctuary: 3 West Oceanside
Haunted House/Maze: 12 West Side / 1 West Oceanside
HFN (In Progress): 2 West Oceanside
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mrs_smartt wrote:I have a question that would fit here. If I turn an empty lot into a tree maze for catching ghosts like how Perturbee has done, how much will that add to my town value as opposed to building a house on the lot? Or would it have to be a mixture of maze and buildings to increase town value?
Everything you buy increases your TW by 10% of the thing you've bought. The bushes cost 300 simoleons, so your TW will increase by 30 simoleons fo every bush. You'll need many bushes :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

mrs_smartt wrote:I have a question that would fit here. If I turn an empty lot into a tree maze for catching ghosts like how Perturbee has done, how much will that add to my town value as opposed to building a house on the lot? Or would it have to be a mixture of maze and buildings to increase town value?
I never counted them, but there are loads of conifers! I removed the house that was originally there (not demolished it), that left the TV of the previous house untouched and added -like ErinPW said- 10% of each item to the town.

I look forward to see your version of it!
mrs_smartt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by mrs_smartt »

Perturbee wrote:
I never counted them, but there are loads of conifers! I removed the house that was originally there (not demolished it), that left the TV of the previous house untouched and added -like ErinPW said- 10% of each item to the town.

I look forward to see your version of it!
I'm still in the planning stage of it right now. I don't have too much money to spend since I'm not in the game 24/7. If I play it too often, it gets into my dreams and I can't sleep.

I wish planting stuff could add to the town value. We would all be rich if that happened.
GC: TARDIS Rose (Closed)(Not Updated)
Wildlife Sanctuary: 3 West Oceanside
Haunted House/Maze: 12 West Side / 1 West Oceanside
HFN (In Progress): 2 West Oceanside
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

mrs_smartt wrote:I wish planting stuff could add to the town value. We would all be rich if that happened.
The planting doesn't, but buying the seeds from the supermarket does! :) It's very little, but still it does add up.
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

Arcadia wrote:I need help in remodeling a house. Is there a way to reduce one room while enlarging another. The two rooms are side my side. Is there a guide somewhere are building a house.
I think this got answered. Some have arrows and can move and some don't... But I wanted to add:

I recommend using graph paper to draw It out first.
mrs_smartt wrote: I'm still in the planning stage of it right now. I don't have too much money to spend since I'm not in the game 24/7. If I play it too often, it gets into my dreams and I can't sleep.

I wish planting stuff could add to the town value. We would all be rich if that happened.
I get too involved sometimes too. One thing we gotta give EA and/or FIREMONKEYS credit for is the ability to create a game that is addicting. *nods*

Sometimes I like to remodel cuz I get the furniture and stuff. I bought the beach house and destroyed that back part for the furniture and put in my first, and only, pool. Now when I get another house built I have some furniture already. I would like to get a Scandinavian house but its taken forever to get 100 SP, so I'm not holding my breath. Well see.... It's good to have goals. :lol:
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
Arcadia
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Arcadia »

by Sue Dwyer » 20 Sep 2013, 04:59

When remodeling, each room is dealt with individually. In the home store, go to house/room. You will be able to resize the room by moving walls. Sometimes a wall will not be moveable because of the original order in which they were made. If this is the case, you may need to delete the adjoining room first. You can delete a whole room by clicking the center of the room and choosing X. The game will confirm you want to delete the room and send the contents to inventory. You will not be able to change or delete a room if there is a room above it. You would have to delete that one first.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Sue, This helped a lot. I had to delete the adjoining room.
katgames wrote: I think this got answered. Some have arrows and can move and some don't... But I wanted to add:

I recommend using graph paper to draw It out first.
I will give graph paper a try. I was working on a two story house and it went all crazy on me. I couldn't add a room, it kept closing the game. I shut it down and when I turn it back on, no one had any tasks, and my toddler is stuck outside the fence and she can't get home. She can walk on the beach but can't get her in the house.
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

Arcadia wrote:I will give graph paper a try. I was working on a two story house and it went all crazy on me. I couldn't add a room, it kept closing the game. I shut it down and when I turn it back on, no one had any tasks, and my toddler is stuck outside the fence and she can't get home. She can walk on the beach but can't get her in the house.
Holy moly! On the other hand, nobody else has ever been able to walk on the beach!
Seriously though, I hope it gets worked out for you.

As for building... I always plot it on graph paper first. You can figure it out before it starts costin' Simoleons.
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll: