No haunted furniture in store

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Sanni675
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

No haunted furniture in store

Post by Sanni675 »

I recently started playing The Sims Freeplay on iphone and am currently lvl 10. I searched the whole store, but there are no items available with the red ghost symbol (ZZZ, speech bubbles etc. are all there), so I can't start the ghost hunting hobby. Fashion Design, Diving and Woodworking all work fine.
I searched online but nobody seems to have this problem. I'd be grateful for any tips.

Btw, I already deleted and reinstalled the game.
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: No haunted furniture in store

Post by bloodcool »

Sanni675 wrote:I recently started playing The Sims Freeplay on iphone and am currently lvl 10. I searched the whole store, but there are no items available with the red ghost symbol (ZZZ, speech bubbles etc. are all there), so I can't start the ghost hunting hobby. Fashion Design, Diving and Woodworking all work fine.
I searched online but nobody seems to have this problem. I'd be grateful for any tips.

Check the indoor decorations, there's one wall chain that you should be able to buy in early levels
Sanni675
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Sanni675 »

No, I have a wall chain without a red ghost icon for $ 1000, but when I buy it I can't choose it for any actions.
Sanni675
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Sanni675 »

Here are screenshots of the decorations available to me:
Attachments
2013-11-30 12.15.36.png
2013-11-30 12.17.43.png
SheilaB
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SheilaB »

Sanni675 wrote:I recently started playing The Sims Freeplay on iphone and am currently lvl 10. I searched the whole store, but there are no items available with the red ghost symbol (ZZZ, speech bubbles etc. are all there), so I can't start the ghost hunting hobby. Fashion Design, Diving and Woodworking all work fine.

There should be a haunted bookcase in the living room tab and a haunted chest under the bedroom tab. The haunted chain is only 180 in the decor section. Is there anything haunted among the grayed out items that you haven't unlocked yet?
Sanni675
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Sanni675 »

Neither of these items is in my store. I looked up pictures of the bookcase and the chest online, they are missing and are not among the greyed out ones either.
Since nobody else is missing these items, I guess I have to contact customer support.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

Sanni675 wrote:Neither of these items is in my store. I looked up pictures of the bookcase and the chest online, they are missing and are not among the greyed out ones either.
Since nobody else is missing these items, I guess I have to contact customer support.
I would definitely contact customer support, but I am wondering if they took the haunted items away when they made the haunted house available for purchase? Would they have done that? If people want haunted items they have to purchase the haunted house to unlock the availability?

Maybe Perturbee can find out for us? Or somebody that has contact with Nina from Firemonkeys?

Is anybody else that's new having the same problem?
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
Jaskolka
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Jaskolka »

I'm playing on kindle and I have the same problem.
J.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I agree. If you don't have even the greyed out items, contact support! That is just awful. Surely, you would not have to purchase access to a hobby!
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Rocktime
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Rocktime »

Hey, I am playing on iPhone, very similar situation, started playing about 5 days ago and don't have any haunted items available for purchase, though ghost hunting is a required thing for a quest now. Have you had any luck resolving this?