No haunted furniture in store

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: No haunted furniture in store

Post by blackbrit »

Rocktime wrote:Hey, I am playing on iPhone, very similar situation, started playing about 5 days ago and don't have any haunted items available for purchase, though ghost hunting is a required thing for a quest now. Have you had any luck resolving this?
Playing on an iPad I've still got haunted items to buy. I go to the home store, under "furniture", then indoor decorations. There are lots of choices. I'm not sure which become available at what level.

You really should have SOMETHING. Gosh. Definitely report it and keep us posted.
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

I just discovered that they have changed the levels for certain quests and that ghost hunting is unlocked only at level 23. Silly really when they have general/social goals that need ghost hunting! :roll:

https://firemonkeys.zendesk.com/entries ... -and-Goals
Ghost Hunters: Unlocked at Level 23 to unlock the Ghost Hunter hobby, if you don't already have access to this hobby. Will also make Haunted items available in the Home Store. *Additional reward: The "Haunted House" housing lot.
Note that the additional reward for this quest is the Haunted House!
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)
Jaskolka
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Jaskolka »

Omg level 23 that's quite advanced. Also, the quoted spot is the only mention of the level requirement for the hobby. Not a word anywhere else. Thank you for finding that, Palmjill. It helps to know, although level 23 sounds crazy far away when mine is 11 at this moment.
:shock:
J.
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

Level 23 sounds indeed quiet advanced before you can go ghosthunting.
Also it would be nice if there would be some level check on the goals.
I remember getting the goal 'bake some waffle' at level 24 and waffles only unlock at level 26.
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

Jaskolka wrote:Omg level 23 that's quite advanced. Also, the quoted spot is the only mention of the level requirement for the hobby. Not a word anywhere else. Thank you for finding that, Palmjill. It helps to know, although level 23 sounds crazy far away when mine is 11 at this moment.
:shock:
Yw. I am as shocked as you are, especially when it does not appear to be mentioned anywhere else. I only happened to come across it when someone in the Quest and their order of appearance thread commented on the difference in the level of quests, so I checked on the original link.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

This seems a real oversight by Firemonkeys. Why make the game difficult to play for new players? Ghosthunting and all hobbies should be unlocked before the neighbor quests since those are goals. Weekly goals should not include ghosthunting until it is unlocked. It is counterproductive to annoy those starting out as they don't have as much invested in the game, and will just guit when it stops being fun. I hope they get many complaints.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Rocktime
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Rocktime »

Wow. Good to know that my copy isn't broken. VERY frustrating however, that I will have to get 12 more levels and will have to pay to skip quests involving ghost hunting until that time...
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

Rocktime wrote:Wow. Good to know that my copy isn't broken. VERY frustrating however, that I will have to get 12 more levels and will have to pay to skip quests involving ghost hunting until that time...
This is, as everyone has been saying, really a shocking turn of events for new players! I find it hard to imagine it is intentional, as it truly could turn off new players. I would completely understand that reaction.

With neighbors, does the new player get neighbors (and their haunted objects) early enough to help? I don't understand the new sequence yet. Maybe FM don't either!
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

blackbrit wrote:
Rocktime wrote:Wow. Good to know that my copy isn't broken. VERY frustrating however, that I will have to get 12 more levels and will have to pay to skip quests involving ghost hunting until that time...
This is, as everyone has been saying, really a shocking turn of events for new players! I find it hard to imagine it is intentional, as it truly could turn off new players. I would completely understand that reaction.

With neighbors, does the new player get neighbors (and their haunted objects) early enough to help? I don't understand the new sequence yet. Maybe FM don't either!
This is another example of FM introducing new changes to the game without properly thinking of the consequences. Apparently you cannot Ghost Hunt in your neighbours houses either! :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=765

New players, please give feedback to Zendesk FM to show your frustration and dissatisfaction!

https://firemonkeys.zendesk.com/home
Last edited by Palmjill on 05 Dec 2013, 02:09, edited 1 time in total.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Palmjill wrote:
blackbrit wrote:

This is another example of FM introducing new changes to the game without properly thinking of the consequences. Apparently you cannot Ghost Hunt in your neighbours houses either! :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=765
I was just going to say almost this very thing. Why do they not think to consider the goal sequence? They take one thing in isolation and do not consider how it is affected by everything else. I hope all the new players complain loudly about this.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.