Preteens

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Preteens

Post by katgames »

Okay I just "grew a preteen" against my wishes. I need 'em to do those goals. What is the deal? Do they skip everywhere? Is there a way to make them stop that? It's ridiculous. I sent the little sucker to school so I haven't seen him much yet but he seemed rather incapable of doing much. He did manage frisbee with the dog before I figured out how to send him to school. If he comes home skipping.... *shakes head* That's just bizarre....totally bizarre. And they are stuck as preteens? What a great plan! *shakes head again*

Any advice on preteens?
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
Mon789
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Preteens

Post by Mon789 »

Well to be honest they don't do much.
They DO skip everywhere if they are inspired.
I use my preteens for XP earning really. If you want them to be useful, they can do ice skating and diving hobbies, otherwise set them on long tasks like reading novels or movie marathons so you don't have to keep checking on them.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

They are skipping unless they are not inspired. But then they look sad or ill :(
And they are not skipping while they are busy :)

My preteens had to go to school and/or brainstorming at their desks, until they were A-students. But they also had "free" time and fun. Next was practising a hobby and/or playing sim city. At night they watch tv :)
Of course they do the preteen goals at in their own town and in neighbors towns.
I think preteens are easy care sims :)

Btw. If you get the "toddler at kiddie pool" goals, you can fix it with your preteen. Anyway, if you have toddlers or not :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

Thanks! I thought I just had a particularly goofy preteen! Yeah, I'll find stuff to do with him I just wasn't ready to go there I guess. His backstory is a son from a previous marriage. He's going to live across the street I think.

I have four babies but so far have been unwilling to go further with them. The toddlers are cute though and my daycare is built so I may....

*shakes head*. Skipping... How ridiculous. It's enough, to make you wanna neglect 'em. No television for this boy till his grades are up! "C's!" Good thing there no "smackin' around" choice!

At least I have some good suggestions for how he can be useful other than goals. I suppose he'll grow on me :roll:
mrs_smartt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by mrs_smartt »

katgames wrote:Thanks! I thought I just had a particularly goofy preteen! Yeah, I'll find stuff to do with him I just wasn't ready to go there I guess. His backstory is a son from a previous marriage. He's going to live across the street I think.

I have four babies but so far have been unwilling to go further with them. The toddlers are cute though and my daycare is built so I may....

*shakes head*. Skipping... How ridiculous. It's enough, to make you wanna neglect 'em. No television for this boy till his grades are up! "C's!" Good thing there no "smackin' around" choice!

At least I have some good suggestions for how he can be useful other than goals. I suppose he'll grow on me :roll:
Kids can get to be a headache. I've got one preteen and soon another toddler. They don't do much unfortunately. I wish there were other ways besides school for the preteens to earn money.
GC: TARDIS Rose (Closed)(Not Updated)
Wildlife Sanctuary: 3 West Oceanside
Haunted House/Maze: 12 West Side / 1 West Oceanside
HFN (In Progress): 2 West Oceanside
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

So I can't make him panhandle in the park for Simoleons? Oh bother....
Sue Dwyer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Sue Dwyer »

There is some nice preteen stuff to unlock if you set your PT to do either ballet or karate. You can start them out at the community center, downstairs.
nogard0
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Location: alexandria, va, usa, earth, solar system, milky way galaxy, universe, dimension (name)???

Post by nogard0 »

yes ballet and karate are great for watching a while. you also can karate chop boards.

the skipping does look better is a girl is doing it. whwn they are are down they will kick atbthe ground like the are kicking a can.

too bad we cant gift things. i'd buy a basket ball court for your preteen to,use. not availablefor,tjose who didnt go,through xmas update and help,santa fix his sleigh though. there are thingsaround forpreteensto play with. aswell as toddlers. all can so,the swings and some can trampoline.
SFP tv ~ 41,435,102
im nothing but empty shell
(i took out my brain so people couldnt read my mind)

nothing is over the rainbow but very thin air !

u post pics.
GC nogard0
FB sue.donim.144
cant visit FB TVs below §200m

64 GB iPad 4/Air iOS 9.2
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

Advancing through school grades, karate and ballet hobbies will unlocked preteens related items... so you might want to do that...

after i got both my preteens reaching the max level in their studies and hobbies, i made them do XP stuff at home now...
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

nogard0 wrote:...too bad we cant gift things. i'd buy a basket ball court for your preteen to,use. not availablefor,tjose who didnt go,through xmas update and help,santa fix his sleigh though. there are thingsaround forpreteensto play with. aswell as toddlers. all can so,the swings and some can trampoline.
Thanx that's sweet. I think they should do retro Sims Freeplay and recycle all the things they've done. Guess that wouldn't be much fun for veteran players though.

Okay, Sue, bloodcool, nogard0 -- it's studies and karate... Maybe movie marathons at night. *nods* he'll find his place eventually.

Thanx....