Changes with update April 17th

Post your information regarding updates here
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Changes with update April 17th

Post by SKatF »

Not only is there now a tab for sticker contests (see posts in Izzie's Fashion Gem thread) but there are other changes.

When I had sims do relationship events, they no longer wanted to be at home. One is taking place at the fashion studio and the other at the agency. They are using the items there for some new actions.

Since the house can get crowded with family and visitors, it can be a good thing. I must admit I miss the convenience of running several relationship events at the same location (madly tapping away ;) .)
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Changes with update April 17th

Post by Simsaddict456 »

I can't wait to try the new family stories :D and the new career and the new asos event. i wonder if we will finally get clothes that are not just recolors of clothes from the main franchise. I was hoping my quests will perhaps refresh, it is literally impossible for me to earn simbucks at the moment, except with ads.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

The place where the traits are listed has been expanded.
Attachments
Traits former update / April update 10.0.0
Traits former update / April update 10.0.0
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Oh, I just realized you can choose the location of your relationship story. Today I had choice of 3 locations, for example, the studio, the hospital or home. I chose the hospital since I already had the sim's sister working a shift there.

It's convenient to work on two stories at one location when I'm in "production mode" ... that is, not really reading the stories or watching the actions, just trying to progress to the reward quickly, so I can reset the sims to a long action and get back to real life.
sevenofnine
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by sevenofnine »

I didn't get to choose the relationship locations with either of my Sims earlier. Do they have to be on a certain level in the relationship to do this?
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

sevenofnine wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 16:28 I didn't get to choose the relationship locations with either of my Sims earlier. Do they have to be on a certain level in the relationship to do this?
I didn't until I updated. I am at level 30 or 31.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

The co worker at the hospital used to be male every time I worked a shift. Now coworker is female, at least for past two shifts.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I don't know if it's a change from the update or if it's part of the ongoing network issue I'm having but I've got a retired sim that has the family event bubble over her head that typically indicates I can do an event for heirloom tickets. Only I click on it and it's just the typical releationship stuff - no event for heirloom tickets.

Did they take away the "mentoring" for heirloom tickets?
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mockingbird288z wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 19:10 I don't know if it's a change from the update or if it's part of the ongoing network issue I'm having but I've got a retired sim that has the family event bubble over her head that typically indicates I can do an event for heirloom tickets. Only I click on it and it's just the typical releationship stuff - no event for heirloom tickets.

I wondered already if this is a bug due to the new relationship? My new senior doesn‘t show the mentoring either. Her brother is doing the new relationship with her now and I hope the mentoring will show up when they‘re done.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Jemappellelaura
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Jemappellelaura »

This happened to me with a retired sim too! I did all the new “location” stories, and then the bubble went away (with no heirloom tickets, unfortunately.) I think maybe they are just doing that bubble to get players to try the new options?
ErinPW wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 19:31
mockingbird288z wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 19:10 I don't know if it's a change from the update or if it's part of the ongoing network issue I'm having but I've got a retired sim that has the family event bubble over her head that typically indicates I can do an event for heirloom tickets. Only I click on it and it's just the typical releationship stuff - no event for heirloom tickets.

I wondered already if this is a bug due to the new relationship? My new senior doesn‘t show the mentoring either. Her brother is doing the new relationship with her now and I hope the mentoring will show up when they‘re done.