May update wedding quest discussion

Post your information regarding updates here
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1387
Joined: 08 Dec 2015, 22:58
x 447

May update wedding quest discussion

Post by SKatF » 07 May 2018, 22:03

I had to choose someone to get my sim engaged to. He's been working on employment stories, and not relationships, so I ended up choosing a sim he had a 10 level rival relationship with. It works, but each time I start a new quest task, I have to change their relationship to flirty, or whatever it's called. It keeps defaulting back to rivals after each wedding story chapter completes. Once I change it, I get the wedding story options.

Next task is complete daily task list and it came up literally immediately after I tapped on the complete button for today's list. I figure I'll have to wait until tomorrow. So if you haven't reached this task, check your quest task BEFORE you finish your daily task list.

But my wedding quest has now disappeared entirely from my quest list. (Right after we got the sticker report for the week.) Do others still working on the wedding quest still have it?
0 x

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6005
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 824
Contact:

Re: May update wedding quest discussion

Post by mockingbird288z » 07 May 2018, 22:22

This is the task list I found on Reddit for the Wedding quest:
Main Quests
1. Wedding Planner: +25$
2. Save the Date: +25$
3. Well-Groomed: +25$ +10 XP ( 8 or 4 Hours )
4. Gimme Gimme: +25$
5. A Taste of Bliss: +25$ +10 XP ( 8 or 4 Hours )
6. Suited for Marriage: +25$ +10 XP ( 8 or 4 Hours )
7. Aisle Be There: +25$
8. Culinary Commitment: +25$
9. Cake Crisis: +25$ +10 XP ( 8 or 4 Hours )
10. Pre-Wedding Jitterbug: +25$ +10 XP ( 8 or 4 Hours )
11. Cold Feet: +25$
12. Paperwork Party: +25$ +10 XP ( 8 or 4 Hours )
13. Complete the wedding home item collection 3/3: +25$
14. The Happiest Day: +25$ +10 XP +5 Sim Cash ( 8 or 4 Hours )
15. Hello, Honeymoon!: +25$
The different times (4 or 8 hours) seems to be if you are doing the quest with one playable sim (8 hours) or between two playable sims (4 hours).

There's no mention of a "Complete daily task list" goal for the wedding quest but since the new update I have been getting one of those every day. I complete the daily to do list, complete the goal, and then immediately get a new goal to complete the daily to do list. It's been awesome to get 3 simcash for doing something I was already going to do anyway!

I haven't started the wedding quest yet so I can't help with it missing from your quest list.
2 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Home Renovation Update

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1387
Joined: 08 Dec 2015, 22:58
x 447

Re: May update wedding quest discussion

Post by SKatF » 07 May 2018, 22:35

mockingbird288z wrote:
07 May 2018, 22:22
This is the task list I found on Reddit for the Wedding quest:
Main Quests
1. Wedding Planner: +25$
2. Save the Date: +25$
3. Well-Groomed: +25$ +10 XP ( 8 or 4 Hours )
4. Gimme Gimme: +25$
5. A Taste of Bliss: +25$ +10 XP ( 8 or 4 Hours )
6. Suited for Marriage: +25$ +10 XP ( 8 or 4 Hours )
7. Aisle Be There: +25$
8. Culinary Commitment: +25$
9. Cake Crisis: +25$ +10 XP ( 8 or 4 Hours )
10. Pre-Wedding Jitterbug: +25$ +10 XP ( 8 or 4 Hours )
11. Cold Feet: +25$
12. Paperwork Party: +25$ +10 XP ( 8 or 4 Hours )
13. Complete the wedding home item collection 3/3: +25$
14. The Happiest Day: +25$ +10 XP +5 Sim Cash ( 8 or 4 Hours )
15. Hello, Honeymoon!: +25$
The different times (4 or 8 hours) seems to be if you are doing the quest with one playable sim (8 hours) or between two playable sims (4 hours).

There's no mention of a "Complete daily task list" goal for the wedding quest but since the new update I have been getting one of those every day. I complete the daily to do list, complete the goal, and then immediately get a new goal to complete the daily to do list. It's been awesome to get 3 simcash for doing something I was already going to do anyway!

I haven't started the wedding quest yet so I can't help with it missing from your quest list.
Thanks, very helpful. Maybe when I completed #10 (I think, it was at the club anyways) the quest disappeared and the newly normal Task List one popped to the front of the line and I thought it was part of the wedding quest but it wasn't. I only took a quick look as I was headed out to take a family member to a medical appointment.
0 x

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1387
Joined: 08 Dec 2015, 22:58
x 447

Re: May update wedding quest discussion

Post by SKatF » 07 May 2018, 23:08

You know, I think maybe my quest expired. It only has 2 days and I was doing it with only 1 player controlled sim, which means many tasks were 8 hours, not 4 hours like when you use 2 player controlled sims. Seven 8 hour tasks is way over the time limit, even with helping my sim quite a bit. Bummer to miss the furniture. I wish there was more advice within the game so we could make better decisions before starting.
0 x

playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1021
Joined: 30 Apr 2015, 08:02
x 37

Re: May update wedding quest discussion

Post by playsims » 08 May 2018, 14:56

Has the wedding quest started? Is that the one that says A Delightful Proposal - Complete the Propose Event at Home?
0 x

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6005
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 824
Contact:

Re: May update wedding quest discussion

Post by mockingbird288z » 08 May 2018, 19:54

SKatF wrote:
07 May 2018, 23:08
You know, I think maybe my quest expired. It only has 2 days and I was doing it with only 1 player controlled sim, which means many tasks were 8 hours, not 4 hours like when you use 2 player controlled sims. Seven 8 hour tasks is way over the time limit, even with helping my sim quite a bit. Bummer to miss the furniture. I wish there was more advice within the game so we could make better decisions before starting.
Oh man! I'm sorry that happened. :( Everything in this game seems designed to make you use simcash. At least quests in FreePlay are doable even without LP. They should have made the time limit work with the 8 hour options not the 4 hour ones. Especially since it isn't clear in the game that using two playable sims would be faster.
1 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Home Renovation Update

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6005
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 824
Contact:

Re: May update wedding quest discussion

Post by mockingbird288z » 08 May 2018, 19:56

playsims wrote:
08 May 2018, 14:56
Has the wedding quest started? Is that the one that says A Delightful Proposal - Complete the Propose Event at Home?
After doing the Proposal one the Wedding one will start. Think of this quest like the Queued and Discovery quests in FreePlay and not the seasonal event quests (like Inner Child's Play and Christmas quests).
0 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Home Renovation Update

playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1021
Joined: 30 Apr 2015, 08:02
x 37

Re: May update wedding quest discussion

Post by playsims » 08 May 2018, 22:48

Glad to hear that it's a discovery quest that's to be unlocked at one's leisure, not a rush-rush event. Thought I have missed something.
thks
0 x

playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1021
Joined: 30 Apr 2015, 08:02
x 37

Re: May update wedding quest discussion

Post by playsims » 10 May 2018, 23:26

How do you call your sim's partner? Sometimes I have to click the Socialize button to get the other sim to come over. But I cant find the Well-Groomed event when I tapped on the sim's partner. I ended up with another social event instead.
0 x

playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1021
Joined: 30 Apr 2015, 08:02
x 37

Re: May update wedding quest discussion

Post by playsims » 11 May 2018, 00:04

From the above discussion, do you mean that it's better to do the wedding quest with 2 playable sims, that means your own 2 sims?
If that is do, I can kiss this quest good-bye. the quest is only good for 2 days but I dont find the instructions from the game helpful. i have to stumble my way around.
1 x

Post Reply