Internet Icon Hobby Quest

This section is for The Sims Mobile Events
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Internet Icon Hobby Quest

Post by contrarysims »

I don't think I can complete this because I won't be able to do the Learn a new hobby task. I only have four hobbies unlocked (cooking, writing, guitar and yoga) and my four sims are already assigned to them. As far as I know there is no way for me to swap their hobbies? Unless I were to retire one of my sims, which I do not want to do.

They make it so hard to unlock new hobbies that I don't have any "extras" to switch to.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Is this packet offering the heirloom folks would win if they finished the quest? Or is it something additional you need? I guess I don't know if we get the heirloom, or just unlock the chance to get it.
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-06-09-10-03-04-1.png
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

ErinPW wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 09:47 Part 15 is a great one. I only have clothes left that cost simcash and I don't know if shoes and accessoires will count :(
I'm getting very close to being done with this game. To intentionally put so many barriers into this quest is ridiculous.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 14:06 Is this packet offering the heirloom folks would win if they finished the quest? Or is it something additional you need? I guess I don't know if we get the heirloom, or just unlock the chance to get it.
I'm pretty sure we just unlock the Internet Icon Heirloom and not all that other stuff.
mockingbird288z

mockingbird288z wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 08:52
mockingbird288z wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 07:23 Well, all that planning just went out the window. I opened the game on my ipad only to be started at 1/18 for the quest. ARGH!
I was just about to go to bed when I saw that I got a reply to my support ticket. Now I'm just waiting to hear back again.
So far they have offered to restore my game to "yesterday" when they say Ronan, Vivenne, and Zoey ages up. Um, no thank you, that was on June 6th, I would lose so much more progress.

and failing that, they offered to give me 100 simoleons. :x :evil:
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mockingbird288z wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 15:36
mockingbird288z wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 07:23 Well, all that planning just went out the window. I opened the game on my ipad only to be started at 1/18 for the quest. ARGH!
I was just about to go to bed when I saw that I got a reply to my support ticket. Now I'm just waiting to hear back again.
So far they have offered to restore my game to "yesterday" when they say Ronan, Vivenne, and Zoey ages up. Um, no thank you, that was on June 6th, I would lose so much more progress.

100 Simoleons? Instead of the spent cupcakes and time? There are no smileys that can express my thoughts …
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mockingbird288z

ErinPW wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 15:56

100 Simoleons? Instead of the spent cupcakes and time? There are no smileys that can express my thoughts …
Because they couldn't "validate my claim" all they could offer me was 100 simoleons for contacting them. They said, "These are a gesture from our end for the inconvenience caused to you due to this incident." 100 simoleons is crap even for that reason. Ugh. I was trying really hard to keep good spirits up about not getting the bubble bar but this has just soured everything. I'll still work to unlock the hobby but I'm not sure how much longer I'll be playing this game. I'm definitely only going to be playing on one device from now on. This game is just not stable enough to risk playing it across multiple devices.
mockingbird288z

ErinPW wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 09:25 A friend of mine posted pictures of the last tasks.

13. Earn 20 green simtickets
Quick question - does it have to be green sim tickets? In the pic simsaddict posted the quest just says "earn 20 sim tickets". I'm just trying to plan out the timeline I have to do to finish this and if it's specifically green sim tickets that will be harder because of the random factor (you never know what tickets you're going to get from doing an event).
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

mockingbird288z wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 16:00
ErinPW wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 15:56

Because they couldn't "validate my claim" all they could offer me was 100 simoleons for contacting them. They said, "These are a gesture from our end for the inconvenience caused to you due to this incident." 100 simoleons is crap even for that reason. Ugh. I was trying really hard to keep good spirits up about not getting the bubble bar but this has just soured everything. I'll still work to unlock the hobby but I'm not sure how much longer I'll be playing this game. I'm definitely only going to be playing on one device from now on. This game is just not stable enough to risk playing it across multiple devices.

Wow only 100 Simoleons for the "inconvenience"? That's pretty cheap of them. I put in a support ticket the other day just to complain about the item limit seeming to be bugged, since it's pretty difficult to improve your lifestyle or complete the daily to do if the game refuses to let you buy anything new no matter how many things you put away... they offered me 200 Simoleons for that.

This has been so poorly thought out. They keep throwing us too many tasks that can be prevented by limitations in the game, both in this event and otherwise.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mockingbird288z wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 16:10
ErinPW wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 09:25 A friend of mine posted pictures of the last tasks.

13. Earn 20 green simtickets
Quick question - does it have to be green sim tickets? In the pic simsaddict posted the quest just says "earn 20 sim tickets". I'm just trying to plan out the timeline I have to do to finish this and if it's specifically green sim tickets that will be harder because of the random factor (you never know what tickets you're going to get from doing an event).
To be honest I don't know this. I saw the green one on the picture, so I thought they're asking for those. I'm going to ask my friend.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View