Party Tips

This is the subforum for all guides related to The Sims Mobile
mockingbird288z

Re: Party Tips

Post by mockingbird288z »

I didn't know your party crashed and I sent my sim lacking the most stickers for a third go around and the game crashed. When I opened the game again your party was gone from the party list. Oh well! Hopefully anyone who didn't try and go back to it after it crashed still gets the rewards.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 12 May 2018, 04:21 I didn't know your party crashed and I sent my sim lacking the most stickers for a third go around and the game crashed. When I opened the game again your party was gone from the party list. Oh well! Hopefully anyone who didn't try and go back to it after it crashed still gets the rewards.
I don't always send my sims back to parties, although I may check the party chat. Why did you go back three times? Do you think we only are at parties when we are actually there, ie active with our sim?

I hoped we left a copy of our sim at the party even after we left. I believe I have randomly seen more than one sim of a friend at a party at the same time (not the host) which we can't do actively. I know that I have sent my sim to work, but friends said they were at the party when they visited, but that was when I was hosting.
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 12 May 2018, 14:34
mockingbird288z wrote: 12 May 2018, 04:21 I didn't know your party crashed and I sent my sim lacking the most stickers for a third go around and the game crashed. When I opened the game again your party was gone from the party list. Oh well! Hopefully anyone who didn't try and go back to it after it crashed still gets the rewards.
I don't always send my sims back to parties, although I may check the party chat. Why did you go back three times? Do you think we only are at parties when we are actually there, ie active with our sim?

I hoped we left a copy of our sim at the party even after we left. I believe I have randomly seen more than one sim of a friend at a party at the same time (not the host) which we can't do actively. I know that I have sent my sim to work, but friends said they were at the party when they visited, but that was when I was hosting.
No, I know we leave a copy of our sims behind but I was busy yesterday and couldn't even find the time for my sims to do actions at parties so I was taking sims in turn when I had a few moments. I wanted to make sure my sim with the least stickers got some party time in. So I didn't get the rewards for doing the party actions and the rewards for the party itself. I guess I should wait to go to parties when I have time to do all the actions. Or st least make sure I'm sending the sim who needs to be seen first :(
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 12 May 2018, 16:38
SKatF wrote: 12 May 2018, 14:34

No, I know we leave a copy of our sims behind but I was busy yesterday and couldn't even find the time for my sims to do actions at parties so I was taking sims in turn when I had a few moments. I wanted to make sure my sim with the least stickers got some party time in. So I didn't get the rewards for doing the party actions and the rewards for the party itself. I guess I should wait to go to parties when I have time to do all the actions. Or st least make sure I'm sending the sim who needs to be seen first :(
OK I get it now. Going back third time, as in with your third sim. I do try to go with all my sims right after each other, but never considered which first. I like that a sim in the middle of working, hobby or relationship event can go to a party as long as there is no check mark over their head. I set them all at their tasks, and then go to the party.
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 13 May 2018, 01:16
OK I get it now. Going back third time, as in with your third sim. I do try to go with all my sims right after each other, but never considered which first. I like that a sim in the middle of working, hobby or relationship event can go to a party as long as there is no check mark over their head. I set them all at their tasks, and then go to the party.
I wasn't very clear at first!

I like that sims already doing events can go to parties, too! It would be extremely inconvenient if sims couldn't.
Zuzupj
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Zuzupj »

I liked that when hosting a party I can level up relationships with my sims quicker than the standard chat option. It gives me 4 chat rewards vs the 1 chat and at the same time it levels up my party. So win win!
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

May not be a party tip, maybe a one time game error.

Anyway, today I visited a stranger's party and the first 4 sims I saw were Contrary's. Seemed like a wild coincidence, and when I looked on the chat list, she wasn't there. Closed chat and they were still there, was able to interact with them. But as party filled up and new sims arrived, Contrary's sims popped away and have not returned. So if you do see a sim you know and want to interact with at a stranger's party, do it immediately.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

SKatF wrote: 20 May 2018, 21:53 May not be a party tip, maybe a one time game error.

Anyway, today I visited a stranger's party and the first 4 sims I saw were Contrary's. Seemed like a wild coincidence, and when I looked on the chat list, she wasn't there. Closed chat and they were still there, was able to interact with them. But as party filled up and new sims arrived, Contrary's sims popped away and have not returned. So if you do see a sim you know and want to interact with at a stranger's party, do it immediately.
I have had similar things happen before at my own parties. There were clearly sims there but the player's name wasn't showing up in the chat list. And any time I would close the app and come back later, there would be a different "selection" of guests for me to interact with. A little annoying if you were trying to get to know a particular sim who has now vanished!

And I do remember going to a party and my own name not showing in the chat.

Interesting that you saw me at a stranger's party. I usually only go to Friend's parties, but I did go to a stranger's one because of the task in the World of Luxury event. So I suppose the parties that are suggested when you go to Find Parties might be somehow networked with your own friend list? Maybe they're Friends of your own Friends?
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
BlacKat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Can’t attend Party Please help!

Post by BlacKat »

Have just about finished all of the careers and have completed all the hobbies. Want to have a party that is great for everyone. Anyone know if you have to put everything out, i.e., different stoves and yoga mats so to get the max possible hobby and career points for guests?

And which is better to attend? When the hobbies and careers are orange or blue? I can never figure it out.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Can’t attend Party Please help!

Post by SKatF »

BlacKat wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 03:27 Have just about finished all of the careers and have completed all the hobbies. Want to have a party that is great for everyone. Anyone know if you have to put everything out, i.e., different stoves and yoga mats so to get the max possible hobby and career points for guests?

And which is better to attend? When the hobbies and careers are orange or blue? I can never figure it out.
You don't have to put out all yoga mats, for example, to offer the hobby. Once a visitor does one action, it will become unavailable at all the mats until timer resets, so I don't think more than one helps, unless there's something I haven't figured out yet.

You do, however, have to put out all the accompanying stuff to make all actions available. For example, for fashion career, I think you have to put out the Creative Chaos dresser, laundry pile, and Full Length mirror for all options to be available. I don't think you can sub in other dressers or mirrors, but I'm not sure.

I've been trying to figure out what I need to provide and I think it's all the stuff you earned for your house as you completed the profession or hobby story.

I've taken some screenshots at other people's parties to show what must be put out in your house for actions to be available or not. The purple actions had the required item; if it was missing, it was grayed out and missing item was listed.

Owning it, but having it in storage apparently makes action unavailable, according to what one of my visitors told me.

Having all the items for all hobbies and professions plus their accompanying items is my goal but it's becoming problematic. It isn't just the amount of space it takes. It's that there are so many items, I'm hitting object cap for my house lot, which means you can't add something new until you remove something..

You can see the actions earn higher than usual points, in the 60s, which is good for your visitor's progress toward "life of party" rewards plus helps level up the party faster.
Attachments
Agency profession.
Agency profession.
Writing hobby.
Writing hobby.
Disc jockey profession
Disc jockey profession
Fashion Designer profession
Fashion Designer profession