Hot tub weirding out

Discuss your Sims Mobile bugs here
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Hot tub weirding out

Post by SKatF »

Hot tub was ok until yesterday. Now when sim uses it, display goes crazy, flashing jagged colors across entire screen. Fortunately, the check mark is still visable, and when I tap it, all returns to normal. Apparently, using the hot tub is a hallucinogenic experience for sims.
Screenshot doesn't capture the flashing, moving planes of color that cross the screen.
Screenshot doesn't capture the flashing, moving planes of color that cross the screen.
ErinPW

Re: Hot tub weirding out

Post by ErinPW »

In my game it started with the new update 9.3.0.

This bug also appears when the tube is placed in a party house. There are always sims using it and every time the graphic goes wild. If you‘re lucky you find the tube by tapping arround. As soon as you tap it, the screen is normal again.

So, if you plan to host a party better take the hot tube into the inventory until the bug is fixed.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

If you zoom in on the sims you can see that this thing is actually sims character models stretching across the whole lot, I actually think it is low key hilarious in a bit of a weird way, especially how their heads flip. But also pretty sloppy from the developers since it was the main prize in the event.
Attachments
_20180401_210758.JPG
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

My hot tub is no longer psychedelic, but often when I try a "risky action" at home, the sims doing it start distorting.
sevenofnine
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by sevenofnine »

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else? When one of my male Sims is doing the cooking hobby and he gets to do the special action at the kitchen counter, the action when he fails weirds out similar to the hot tub action.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

sevenofnine wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 16:33 I don't know if this has happened to anyone else? When one of my male Sims is doing the cooking hobby and he gets to do the special action at the kitchen counter, the action when he fails weirds out similar to the hot tub action.
Yes, any special/risky action for relationship or hobby stories may cause the psychedelic visuals. Sometimes I have multiple stories going at once and just one sim sets it off with risky actions while others don't. On another occasion, it could be off and on when it occurs with the same sim. A third occasion could be all risky actions set it off from all sims. It seems truly random.

It's actualky sickly entertaining to see a sim start to melt when another sim says something mean. By the way, I hate having to do mean stories just to unlock content. I'm using one sim for mean stories and I already am starting to hate her for being so cruel. She may be the first sim I retire!