Network Connectivity Problems

Discuss your Sims Mobile bugs here
mockingbird288z

Network Connectivity Problems

Post by mockingbird288z »

I've had trouble connecting to the network all day yesterday and all day today. Has anyone else experienced this or is it a problem with my device?

I can't open the game at all when I'm connected to wifi. I have to turn wifi off and only use data to play the game. And then while playing I will get the "Where's the Network?" pop up, tapping "retry" will only get the pop up again. The only thing that works is to force close the game and open it back up. I can't "be" at a party for more than about 30 seconds before I get the network pop up and I have to force close the game. When I open the game again I'm not at the party anymore, obviously, so it's made going and contributing to parties very difficult.

I saw an update was available and tried to do that hoping it would fix the issue but instead it wouldn't download the update will on wifi so I had to use my data and then I had to turn the auto-lock off on my screen so the whole thing would actually download.

So is it just me and my devices (can't play it at all on my ipad which doesn't have a data plan) or is it the game?

Edit: I've restarted my phone and that didn't do anything. All my other games/apps are working normally on both of my devices. I'm just having this problem with Sims Mobile.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Network Connectivity Problems

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 22:48 I've had trouble connecting to the network all day yesterday and all day today. Has anyone else experienced this or is it a problem with my device?

I can't open the game at all when I'm connected to wifi. I have to turn wifi off and only use data to play the game. And then while playing I will get the "Where's the Network?" pop up, tapping "retry" will only get the pop up again. The only thing that works is to force close the game and open it back up. I can't "be" at a party for more than about 30 seconds before I get the network pop up and I have to force close the game. When I open the game again I'm not at the party anymore, obviously, so it's made going and contributing to parties very difficult.

I saw an update was available and tried to do that hoping it would fix the issue but instead it wouldn't download the update will on wifi so I had to use my data and then I had to turn the auto-lock off on my screen so the whole thing would actually download.

So is it just me and my devices (can't play it at all on my ipad which doesn't have a data plan) or is it the game?

Edit: I've restarted my phone and that didn't do anything. All my other games/apps are working normally on both of my devices. I'm just having this problem with Sims Mobile.
I was having connectivity problems yesterday. Ironically with another game and not with Sims Mobile.
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 23:28
I was having connectivity problems yesterday. Ironically with another game and not with Sims Mobile.
Hopefully it will fix itself soon. It's incredibly frustrating!
mockingbird288z

Now I can't go to parties at all. :(

I'll attend one, the host's house will load for a split second and then I will get this screen. The only thing that fixes the screen is force closing the game. The party I "went to" know counts as 1/2 I've attended and yet it shows I didn't actually attend the party.
IMG_7631.JPG

I've rebooted my router, rebooted my phone.... I don't know what else to try. When I get the network pop up and have to force close the game anything I had been doing for about a minute before the pop up doesn't get saved. It's making it really hard to do anything.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 19:02 Now I can't go to parties at all. :(

I'll attend one, the host's house will load for a split second and then I will get this screen. The only thing that fixes the screen is force closing the game. The party I "went to" know counts as 1/2 I've attended and yet it shows I didn't actually attend the party.

IMG_7631.JPG

I've rebooted my router, rebooted my phone.... I don't know what else to try. When I get the network pop up and have to force close the game anything I had been doing for about a minute before the pop up doesn't get saved. It's making it really hard to do anything.
Very frustrating. Time to contact the developers?
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 20:37
mockingbird288z wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 19:02 Now I can't go to parties at all. :(

IMG_7631.JPG

Very frustrating. Time to contact the developers?
Yes, I think so. I looked on their support website yesterday and couldn't find any existing troubleshooting steps for network errors. With it being worse today I'm going to go ahead and try submitting a ticket. :(
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

mockingbird288z wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 22:48 I've had trouble connecting to the network all day yesterday and all day today. Has anyone else experienced this or is it a problem with my device?
I have had the same exact issue...even after the update that EA pushed out. 😩 I can play on cellular connection but it doesn’t work on WiFi. I don’t have WiFi issues on any other app.
mockingbird288z

Butterfly wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 23:47
I have had the same exact issue...even after the update that EA pushed out. 😩 I can play on cellular connection but it doesn’t work on WiFi. I don’t have WiFi issues on any other app.
I'm so sorry you are having the same issue. But, and please don't take this the wrong way, I'm extremely relieved someone else is having the same problem! :oops:
mockingbird288z

For a few hours now I've had absolutely no problems (knock on wood) with connectivity! I have been able to play with wifi and I don't get the annoying pop up. I've also had no problem going to parties and participating!!

Hopefully this continues and the issue doesn't return.
Bunny
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Bunny »

I have not been able to open the game since the update. It seems to load then disappears and my iPad returns to the home screen. I have tried everything I can think of and all my other games and apps work perfectly. Very frustrating. I am sorry others are having similar problems but also relieved I am not the only one. Hopefully it will be sorted out soon!