Duplicate Heirlooms Disappear

Discuss your Sims Mobile bugs here
Jemappellelaura
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Duplicate Heirlooms Disappear

Post by Jemappellelaura »

Whenever A retiring sim gives an heirloom that I already have, it just disappears when I check for it in the heirloom case, so I can’t sell it. This has been extremely frustrating as it’s pretty much the only way to gain blue & purple heirloom tickets (Its happened about 5 times each for common and uncommon ones :x ) Anyone else experiencing this issue?
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Duplicate Heirlooms Disappear

Post by SKatF »

Jemappellelaura wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 21:31 Whenever A retiring sim gives an heirloom that I already have, it just disappears when I check for it in the heirloom case, so I can’t sell it. This has been extremely frustrating as it’s pretty much the only way to gain blue & purple heirloom tickets (Its happened about 5 times each for common and uncommon ones :x ) Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Wow, the whole purpose of retiring is to get heirlooms. I'd be contacting the developers and screaming loudly.
Jemappellelaura
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

How do I contact developers?
SKatF wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 22:52
Jemappellelaura wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 21:31 Whenever A retiring sim gives an heirloom that I already have, it just disappears when I check for it in the heirloom case, so I can’t sell it. This has been extremely frustrating as it’s pretty much the only way to gain blue & purple heirloom tickets (Its happened about 5 times each for common and uncommon ones :x ) Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Wow, the whole purpose of retiring is to get heirlooms. I'd be contacting the developers and screaming loudly.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Jemappellelaura wrote: 19 Apr 2018, 11:31 How do I contact developers?
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/B ... 6827#M1136
Jemappellelaura
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Thanks!
Perturbee wrote: 19 Apr 2018, 11:54
Jemappellelaura wrote: 19 Apr 2018, 11:31 How do I contact developers?
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/B ... 6827#M1136
Jemappellelaura
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Wow. I contacted customer support and they were COMPLETELY unhelpful. Pretty sure they didn't even read the complaint and just issued a stock response. "You might obtain a duplicate heirlooms, but you can sell it for Heirloom Tickets" is EXACTLY THE PROBLEM that is NOT working. Instead of 50 simoleons, I'd like to be reimbursed for the heirloom tickets lost by all the duplicate heirlooms I was unable to sell due to their not showing up. This is a major part of the game, and basically an error that makes it IMPOSSIBLE for me to sell and earn blue or purple heirloom tickets without spending actual money. Pretty sure I'm done with this game now. :x :x :x

Copying EA Help's response to the issue below:

"Please let me share that Heirlooms are valuable objects that belong to a retired Sim. These are objects that will help you unlock certain trait or hobby in the game. There are 3 types of Heirlooms. It can be Common Heirlooms, Uncommon Heirlooms or Rare Heirlooms. The rarity of the heirlooms you'll be getting depends on the length of the Lifetime Happiness Bar of that particular Sims. You might obtain a duplicate heirlooms, but you can sell it for Heirloom Tickets.

I really wish I could change it however the option is not available. As you know that the in-game features are designed by Developers and can not be changed. Games are based on mechanism and algorithm. Anything you receive or achieve in the game are server based and being a customer support we can not change it. We at EA customer service make every attempt to resolve each issue, but sometimes a resolution is simply not possible due to problems beyond our control. For your inconvenience, please accept my personal apology that this problem has negatively affected you. However, I have forwarded this to our game developers as a feedback and hope in next update they may make the desired changes.

For the inconvenience caused I would like to offer you 50 Simoleons if you agree with that.

Should you have any further questions regarding this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to let us know. You can also find answers to common questions on our Help Center at http://help.ea.com , or ask our community experts by visiting Answer HQ at http://answers.ea.com.

Thanks again for Contacting EA Help.

Ved P.
EA Help"
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

I would try again in your case. It seems like you were completely misunderstood and they thought you were complaining because you are getting duplicates? Maybe try to emphasize that you are experiencing a bug? But I understand if you are feeling way too frustrated for that, they really didn't even try I mean freaking 50 simoleons :lol:
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I had duplicate disappear too, but did not document it. Now I think before I retire a sim, I will take screenshots of what I have to document. And of what I am supposed to have earned. Just in case.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

SKatF wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 15:29 I had duplicate disappear too, but did not document it. Now I think before I retire a sim, I will take screenshots of what I have to document. And of what I am supposed to have earned. Just in case.
Probably a good idea, since they seem to have a habit of responding "Well, we have no PROOF. Here's a minuscule sum of currency, you should be happy you get anything since you're probably lying." :roll:
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

contrarysims wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 21:43
SKatF wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 15:29 I had duplicate disappear too, but did not document it. Now I think before I retire a sim, I will take screenshots of what I have to document. And of what I am supposed to have earned. Just in case.
Probably a good idea, since they seem to have a habit of responding "Well, we have no PROOF. Here's a minuscule sum of currency, you should be happy you get anything since you're probably lying." :roll:
Still will probably do it, but my missing duplicates showed up in inventory with the new update. And I KNOW they were not showing before as I looked both in inventory and on the heirloom collection chart.