Space Explorer Career - Version 2

This section is for The Sims Mobile Events
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Space Explorer Career - Version 2

Post by SKatF »

This is quest if you already have completed Rocket Science Career quest once. It may vary a bit if you have not done it yet.

Prize is High Tech Technician outfit for male & female sims plus Tinkerer 1 heirloom which makes you faster at surgeon and space careers. If you already have the heirloom, you get a second one, I think, which sells for 4 purple heirloom tickets.

Note 1 all times instantaneous unless listed Also, earning simcash/llama zoom will vary. For all 8 hour events, time is if you use a NPC or other player's sim. It will be 4 hours if you use 2 of your own playable sims.

Note 2 if sim you tap on is at relationship story chapter break, you won't get the event story selection to show up unless you do the relationship story chapter first, so you might want to pick a different sim.

Note 3. Last time, Mockingbird found completing an 8 hour event task met Llama Zoom requirements for a long task.

Part 1
Tap on sim & do It's Just Rocket Science event. About an hour

Part 2
1. Tap on bed & dream of space
2. Tap on sofa and read about space
3. Tap on sim & ask about UFO 3X
4. Earn 1200 simoleans
5. Tap on park bench and look at sky
6. Complete Llama Zoom set
7. Tap on sim and complete It's Just Rocket Science event. 8 hours.
8. Tap table and apply for astronaut training
9. Complete Llama Zoom set.
10. Tap on sim and complete Get in Shape Event. 8 hours
11. Complete Llama Zoom set.
12. Tap a table and Fill Out Paperwork 5X
13. Complete Llama Zoom.
14. Tap sim & complete Get in Shape Event. 8 hours
15. Complete Llama Zoom set
16. Tap sim and complete It's Just Rocket Science. 8 hours
17. Tap mirror & practice interview skills
18. Tap sim and complete Get in Shape event. 8 hours
19. Complete Llama Zoom set.
20. Tap sim and complete It's Just Rocket Science event. 8 hours
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Space Explorer Career - Version 2

Post by SKatF »

If you have the career and the Tinkerer 1 heirloom, this is a lot of effort for an outfit you may use rarely, if ever. Seems they could at least have given Tinkerer 2 or some simcash.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

SKatF wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 16:12 If you have the career and the Tinkerer 1 heirloom, this is a lot of effort for an outfit you may use rarely, if ever. Seems they could at least have given Tinkerer 2 or some simcash.
Still worth doing Part 1 even if not doing Part 2, 5 simcash bonus after completing the Part 1 one hour event.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Ugh. I'm struggling with motivation to play this game to begin with and then to see "llamazoom, 8 hour event, llamazoom, 8 hour event..." again so soon is just... ugh.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

I am really confused with all this 2nd versions. I have a sim who has the space explorer career completed & still at it. So I should change his career to something else & let another sim start anew? I thought this event was just a repetition for other players who still have not gotten the space career.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

So I guess I must have missed out on the 2nd Version of Internet Hobby. I think I have completed the event but I dont see anything new on this hobby ( at least that's what I think).
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

playsims wrote: 12 Oct 2018, 08:22 I am really confused with all this 2nd versions. I have a sim who has the space explorer career completed & still at it. So I should change his career to something else & let another sim start anew? I thought this event was just a repetition for other players who still have not gotten the space career.
playsims wrote: 12 Oct 2018, 08:24 So I guess I must have missed out on the 2nd Version of Internet Hobby. I think I have completed the event but I dont see anything new on this hobby ( at least that's what I think).
The 2nd versions are simply because the to-do list is gone and we've got the Llamazoom now so the task lists themselves are different from the initial run of the quests.

They are re-runs of the quests for people to have another chance at unlocking the careers. However, for those who already have the careers, they offer another prize. For the internet hobby one it was a level 2 magnetic trait. For this one it's a level 1 tinkerer trait and an outfit for males and females.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

And belated post but just to confirm....

Any sim can do these quest tasks regardless of their careers. So no career switching needed to do quest tasks and those sims who do them keep their career progress in whatever career they're in.

And you don't have to use the same sim throughout the quest. I just use whichever is handy when each task comes up ... that is, not currently occupied or I don't have other plans for.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Just completed snd can confirm if you have Tinkerer 1 heirloom, you just get a duplicate of it (and the outfit.) As mentioned before, it sells for 4 purple (rare) heirloom tickets.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Now at Step 18. I hope to be able to complete the event & get the outfit. Run out of cup cakes. Too expensive to change simcash to cupcakes.