ASOS event

This section is for The Sims Mobile Events
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: ASOS event

Post by SKatF »

Yes, that's what worked for me (finally!) I moved my fashion career sim to another job. If she returned to fashion career, she would just have the option of her old job back. But when I tried switching a sim who had never done fashion to the job (tap on suitcase in fashion studio) I could choose from either story.

It may have something to do with when a sim changes jobs, their progress in their former job is saved. And apparently you can do only one fashion story for each sim.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I think SKatF's right. I'm not sure it's a glitch per se that you can't start the ASOS fashion story with a playable sim that is currently in the original fashion story. Just looks like something they overlooked or maybe even intentional. It's because the sims retain their progress in their stories when switching careers. If you have a sim at any level in the fashion story, even complete, and switch them to another career they keep their progress in the fashion story. So if they try and switch back to the fashion career the game already has them logged with the original story because they keep their progress and thus they are unable to pick a new story.

Either the new rule will be one story per career (or hobby later on) per sim or they will have to add a way to abandon progress in stories.

I can't think of any at the moment but I feel like there are little "blips" like this in FreePlay where the game later added things that didn't quite make sense with how the game was originally designed. I had hoped that EA had learned from FreePlay and fully thought out where they wanted to go with Mobile but I guess that was too much to hope for.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
BlacKat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by BlacKat »

Glad you got it, SKatF!

It does seem odd having two fashion careers in the same place and only 1 sim that can choose one or the other. Wonder if they plan on creating another location. Wonder what happens when you get the photography career. Wonder where that will be.

More importantly, wonder if I'll ever finish. Am just shy of 2k, like 5 tokens shy of it lol. How's everyone else fairing?
mockingbird288z

BlacKat wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 01:30
More importantly, wonder if I'll ever finish. Am just shy of 2k, like 5 tokens shy of it lol. How's everyone else fairing?
Technically I'm on track. But I feel behind. It works out to needing 1,000 coins every 4 days and that's about where I am right now. I've got 4 days and 13 hours left and I've earned 2,147 tokens. I'm getting worried that something will go wrong and I'll be unable to get the last two items that I actually kinda like (the beret and the checkered trousers). I started with getting all the most expensive items first even if I didn't like them because I think it feels easier if, by the end, I don't need to save up so much

If I ignore my bedtime (it's Friday night after all!) I should be able to get another afterparty in and be able to get the beret. Then allow the events to reset overnight.
BlacKat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by BlacKat »

If I ignore my bedtime (it's Friday night after all!) I should be able to get another afterparty in and be able to get the beret. Then allow the events to reset overnight.
[/quote]

I'm still up playing. Decided to rearrange my house. Remind me to never do that again!

Have two working on ASOS events and another one about to start. Trying to stay awake for the first two to finish, but not looking like I'm gonna make it. Especially since I'm working in the morning lol.

<raising coffee cup> Here's to us giving it one heck of an effort.
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

I'm at 2264. I wasn't playing that much during the week but now I am doing the short events and I am getting coins pretty consistently :)
mockingbird288z

It does seem odd having two fashion careers in the same place and only 1 sim that can choose one or the other. Wonder if they plan on creating another location. Wonder what happens when you get the photography career. Wonder where that will be.
The photography career takes place at the Fashion Studio. I'm not sure yet if two sims can be working at the fashion studio at the same time or not. When you unlock the Photography career you'll get another regular quest to place the photo studio in the fashion studio. It was kind of annoying to have to move some items I had already placed around to fit the photography studio in. I've already forgotten how much it cost but it was around 1,100.

Despite the fact that the event quest said to "unlock the photography career" it didn't complete once I unlocked the career. They might have meant to say "unlock the photography story".
31387911_2053679541557519_5242096881433051136_n.jpg
31400918_2053679588224181_3315770290734104576_n.jpg
31466824_2053679611557512_7614144389153030144_n.jpg
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

mockingbird288z wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 16:17 Despite the fact that the event quest said to "unlock the photography career" it didn't complete once I unlocked the career. They might have meant to say "unlock the photography story".
You have to get the photography heirloom out of the inventory and place it in the house to finish that task :)
mockingbird288z

Simsaddict456 wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 20:12
mockingbird288z wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 16:17 Despite the fact that the event quest said to "unlock the photography career" it didn't complete once I unlocked the career. They might have meant to say "unlock the photography story".
You have to get the photography heirloom out of the inventory and place it in the house to finish that task :)
Thank you!! I would have never thought to do that! Now the 10 tokens for the quest will actually help!!
BlacKat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by BlacKat »

Check this out. Seems that once you complete (3,000), there are more reward that can obtained. For an additional 125 tokens, gives a cupcake. Don't know if there are more rewards after the cupcake. Good luck!