Summer Barbecue Event

This section is for The Sims Mobile Events
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Summer Barbecue Event

Post by simmare »

SKatF wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 00:30
simmare wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 21:32 Well, it seems I now have at least one of everything except the hot dog costume, which I don't really care about. Just about the only thing that would be good for, I think, is getting "silly" stickers. Especially if I made a Sim, called him Joey Chestnut, and had him always eating at parties.
If you have the BBQ grill, could you let us know about actions? And does it need other items to unlock actions, like the hot tub needed the illuminated wall and the pink tree?
There are no actions which require other items. The actions are: grab a burger, grab a hot dog, grill burgers, grill hotdogs, play with fire, and show off grill skills.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

simmare wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 01:37
SKatF wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 00:30
simmare wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 21:32 Well, it seems I now have at least one of everything except the hot dog costume, which I don't really care about. Just about the only thing that would be good for, I think, is getting "silly" stickers. Especially if I made a Sim, called him Joey Chestnut, and had him always eating at parties.
If you have the BBQ grill, could you let us know about actions? And does it need other items to unlock actions, like the hot tub needed the illuminated wall and the pink tree?
There are no actions which require other items. The actions are: grab a burger, grab a hot dog, grill burgers, grill hotdogs, play with fire, and show off grill skills.
Wonderful news! Thank you!
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

And, for what it's worth, I went to a party tonight where the player had a grill. There wasn't any party action for it like there is for the hot tub or bubble blower.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Finished the quest but I still have not gotten the BBQ grill & the Dress (rare). On the whole, I am happy with what I have gotten so far but will still try to get these 2.
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

playsims wrote: 07 Jul 2018, 13:06 Finished the quest but I still have not gotten the BBQ grill & the Dress (rare). On the whole, I am happy with what I have gotten so far but will still try to get these 2.
I am missing the glasses, the hot dog costume and the grill, but we still have plenty of time :)
mockingbird288z

I'm happy with what I have. :D I don't have the grill or the hot dog costume but I've got everything else. I was hoping to get either one more of the summer padded dining chair or one more of the summer dining chair. I had three of the padded one and one of the non-padded one. But I wanted to be able to put 4 chairs around the umbrella table and have it symmetrical. Today I got one of each!

Don't know what I will do with 6 chill towers or 4 umbrella tables but... lol
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 07 Jul 2018, 18:21 I'm happy with what I have. :D I don't have the grill or the hot dog costume but I've got everything else. I was hoping to get either one more of the summer padded dining chair or one more of the summer dining chair. I had three of the padded one and one of the non-padded one. But I wanted to be able to put 4 chairs around the umbrella table and have it symmetrical. Today I got one of each!

I have no idea why they think we would want/need so many of several of the items. I never thought I'd say I want the paltry consolation prize, but I'd rather that than many useless duplicate items. With the item limit, and inability to sell excess inventory, it's especially frustrating.
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 05:34
mockingbird288z wrote: 07 Jul 2018, 18:21 I'm happy with what I have. :D I don't have the grill or the hot dog costume but I've got everything else. I was hoping to get either one more of the summer padded dining chair or one more of the summer dining chair. I had three of the padded one and one of the non-padded one. But I wanted to be able to put 4 chairs around the umbrella table and have it symmetrical. Today I got one of each!

I have no idea why they think we would want/need so many of several of the items. I never thought I'd say I want the paltry consolation prize, but I'd rather that than many useless duplicate items. With the item limit, and inability to sell excess inventory, it's especially frustrating.
Yeah, the gnomes are already in my inventory. I didn't need them counting towards my item limit. It wouldn't be so bad if the limit was like it is in FreePlay - only counting unique items. That would be a whole lot more manageable than what we are currently faced with.
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

Welp, less than 24 hours leftand I am still missing the hot dog and the barbecue. How is everyone else doing?

I am almost sure the item limit used to only count towards unique items but they must've change that during the early launch.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Simsaddict456 wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 20:48 Welp, less than 24 hours leftand I am still missing the hot dog and the barbecue. How is everyone else doing?

I am almost sure the item limit used to only count towards unique items but they must've change that during the early launch.
Ditto for my results. It's not bothering me, though, as much as the many chill towers! Can't see using those.