Back to School event

This section is for The Sims Mobile Events
mockingbird288z

Re: Back to School event

Post by mockingbird288z »

SKatF wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 18:29
mockingbird288z wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 22:35
I must have a hex on my account. :lol: I haven't gotten the "big item" since the Hot Tub.
It's really disappointing not to get the "big" prize, but I honestly think the hot tub was the best so far. If you have tree and illuminated wall, it gives 75 party points for WooHoo and 75 points for Sharing the tub to each visitor who uses, which is higher than other party actions, PLUS there is NO COST to their party energy. This helps your party level up faster and helps visitor get the life of party bonus easier.

Other "big" prizes like the BBQ grill, bar, dart board, bubble bar also give the 75 party points but cost 1 party energy to use.

I always hope my visitors use the hot tub first with each of their sims, then go on to other premium point options.
Yes, if I had to get only one I'm glad it was the Hot Tub and that I also got all the items needed to unlock all the actions. It's just frustrating to play all these events and put so much time into them and not get the big prize. I got nearly every item in the world of luxury event, meaning repeats too, but no bubble blower. Same situation for the Summer barbecue event so I know it's not that I'm just not getting enough tokens or not buying enough of the loot boxes. It's a hex! :lol:
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

mockingbird288z wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 19:58
I'm doing okay on the rewards. I'm not expecting to get the hot dog costume or the gnome one so I'm not counting those. I've got 3 items left to get (Natural Folded Crop Top, Balanced Comfy Drawstrings, and The Rival Letter Jacket) and of those three I really just would like the Natural Folded Crop Top. I got the last hairstyle yesterday. I was very happy to get that.
In hindsight I probably shouldn't have announced to the universe that of those three items the only one I really wanted was the Natural Folded Crop. Because of those three that's the only one I still don't have. :/ :lol:
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Does anyone know what happens if event ends when you are partway through a special task...i.e. Homescool or Study at Cafe? I've never tried it and wonder if you would still get the 400 apples.
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 02:10 Does anyone know what happens if event ends when you are partway through a special task...i.e. Homescool or Study at Cafe? I've never tried it and wonder if you would still get the 400 apples.
From what I’ve read online the special event just stops and you don’t get anything from it. Your sims just stop doing it.
mockingbird288z

mockingbird288z wrote: 25 Sep 2018, 17:44
mockingbird288z wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 19:58
I'm doing okay on the rewards. I'm not expecting to get the hot dog costume or the gnome one so I'm not counting those. I've got 3 items left to get (Natural Folded Crop Top, Balanced Comfy Drawstrings, and The Rival Letter Jacket) and of those three I really just would like the Natural Folded Crop Top. I got the last hairstyle yesterday. I was very happy to get that.
In hindsight I probably shouldn't have announced to the universe that of those three items the only one I really wanted was the Natural Folded Crop. Because of those three that's the only one I still don't have. :/ :lol:
Phew! I finally got the natural folded crop top! I was getting worried I would’t actually get it.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 03:01
SKatF wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 02:10 Does anyone know what happens if event ends when you are partway through a special task...i.e. Homescool or Study at Cafe? I've never tried it and wonder if you would still get the 400 apples.
From what I’ve read online the special event just stops and you don’t get anything from it. Your sims just stop doing it.
That stinks.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

SKatF wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 16:25
That stinks.
I tried it and had an hour to go on homeschool when it ended. It auto-completed and I got the apples. Not that it did me much good ... all repeats. I missed one crop top and two hairdos plus the hotdog outfit. I would have liked the side pony hairdo, but like some of the clothing I got, anyway.

But I wish they'd get over the cropped clothing idea. Kind of tired of all the cropped tops, sweaters, and pants. Maybe it's because I live in Michigan with all it's snow!
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 17:28
That stinks.
I tried it and had an hour to go on homeschool when it ended. It auto-completed and I got the apples. Not that it did me much good ... all repeats. I missed one crop top and two hairdos plus the hotdog outfit. I would have liked the side pony hairdo, but like some of the clothing I got, anyway.

But I wish they'd get over the cropped clothing idea. Kind of tired of all the cropped tops, sweaters, and pants. Maybe it's because I live in Michigan with all it's snow!
Man, I wish I knew this early this morning! My 12 hour events were ready 5-10 minutes before the event ended. I didn't even bother opening the game this morning because I didn't want to kill myself completing a Llamazoom with the time remaining just to be able to buy 1 box. Might have considered it if I knew I could get all those apples for only 10 minutes of time spent. :lol:
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 20:07
SKatF wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 17:28
That stinks.

Man, I wish I knew this early this morning! My 12 hour events were ready 5-10 minutes before the event ended. I didn't even bother opening the game this morning because I didn't want to kill myself completing a Llamazoom with the time remaining just to be able to buy 1 box. Might have considered it if I knew I could get all those apples for only 10 minutes of time spent. :lol:
Well, maybe. Not sure if all started events completed regardless of time left. Only can speak to my experience with slightly under an hour left. It's possible you had to be a certain point in progress.

It would be helpful if other players who were in midst of a back to school activity when event ended would tell us what happened to them.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

And information, in case it's the same next event ...

I started a LlamaZoom before back to school event ended and did not hurry a long shift as I wanted to save collecting the zoom rewards when it would benefit the internet icon quest. (Step 8 for me.) I even let final collection wait until I finished step 7, making sure zoom wasn't going to expire meanwhile, of course. I just collected them and got 250 apple included in rewards.

So a zoom started before event ended gave event rewards even though final zoom rewards were collected about 7 to 8 hours later.