Harvestfest Event

This section is for The Sims Mobile Events
mockingbird288z

Re: Harvestfest Event

Post by mockingbird288z »

Some people say they've had success fixing the issues by changing the language in the game to another one. (This could potentially reset what your sims are doing so maybe wait until they are done with their tasks first.)

Others have fixed some issues by making sure none of their sims were on any task and then force closing the game and opening it back up.

Someone else got the glitch where the sim is suddenly done with another task fixed by tapping the check mark on the sim, force closing the game, turning data and wi-fi off, turning data and wi-fi back on, and opening the game again.

A few have had success with uninstalling/reinstalling the game but not many.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

If they know the problem, then they should give time extention. That's not fair.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I had success just a few minutes ago by checking pink check on a sim, collecting rewards, closing game, reopening. She showed pink check again, repeat. Checked each time to see if stuck special task could be started. Third time it was so I started it. Other sims were busy, partway through tasks, and did not seem affected by this reset.
mockingbird288z

playsims wrote: 18 Nov 2018, 22:39 If they know the problem, then they should give time extention. That's not fair.
Or just unlock the relationship story and pie baking rack for everyone.
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 18 Nov 2018, 23:55 I had success just a few minutes ago by checking pink check on a sim, collecting rewards, closing game, reopening. She showed pink check again, repeat. Checked each time to see if stuck special task could be started. Third time it was so I started it. Other sims were busy, partway through tasks, and did not seem affected by this reset.
Sounds like what I did here. I noticed I had this problem after force closing the game so I started making sure I just didn't force close it. I've left the game open in the background and everything has been working normally. And then today I force closed the game out of habit and frantically opened it back up and sure enough, my sim that was working on a long shift was suddenly done with a standard shift. I tapped the check mark, force closed the game, opened it back up and my sim was back on the long shift. So this seems to be a reliable way of fixing this glitch. But keeping the game open in the background might be a good way of preventing this glitch, too.
mockingbird288z

I’ve finished the quest and unlocked the story and pie baking. There’s not much to the pie baking but there are some actions.
Actions available before baking a pie
Actions available before baking a pie
Actions available after baking a pie
Actions available after baking a pie

I only used it twice before it broke but it was cheap to fix.
48ADCF9E-154B-4D6B-9A16-73C670A64E43.jpeg

Here’s Cale enjoying a slice of pie:
7E08B432-57C7-40E7-86F7-AE765509FA4A.jpeg

And here are the things unlocked from the story. There’s a leaves and candle table decoration, a long table, and a large pile of leaves:
33A1EE7C-82BC-4D98-99FC-BC604476A8F7.png
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Yes, I did the same thing (close game by habit. Cooking at Restaurant switched to a long shift. I was able to close and reopen a couple of times until the correct event showed up. So I could fix the bug and had a bonus of getting 3 sets of shift rewards. (I watched my totals closely and did keep all the rewards.)
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

I did what you did, SKatF. Closed the games a few times. Suddenly my sim has finished the Cooking at Restaurant Step#20 (which never got started), although it shows her in a long work shift. Thanks a lot!
Well, now have to catch if I still could.
mockingbird288z

I’m sorry you guys must not have seen my post from two days ago where I said just force closing the game fixed the glitches. I didn’t add it to this post because I assumed you guys had seen my post and tried force closing but it didn’t work. :( So I went looking for other possible solutions.

I think you guys still have enough time to finish the quest. It might be tight but I think it’s doable.
nikigunn
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by nikigunn »

The force close started working for me after I uninstalled and reinstalled yesterday. I'm on my last llama zoom now. Unfortunately, the ads are back! I stopped getting offers a couple of months ago and didn't miss them, since I'm not buying anything. Ah well, at least I can finish this nightmare.
HFN -- 2 Museum Blvd (4 story), 22 West Side (1 story)
HH -- 10 West Side