[Tips] Level-up Bonus from Hobbies

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

[Tips] Level-up Bonus from Hobbies

Post by bloodcool »

I posted this in FM forum, thought I would re-post this here.

For every level-up that you attained in hobby, you would get a level-up bonus as below:

Therefore, once your Sim reached max level and getting 1 LP, make the Sim switch to another hobby to forget and then switch back to build up the level again. This way, you will start earning the level-up bonus again.

E.g.: I've max my Sim in woodworking, I made him do ghost hunting and upon completion, he has become a ghost hunter. Now I switch him back to woodworking and build up his woodworking skills from level 1 again.

NOTE: This forget-&-restart hobby should only be done on ghost hunting, figure skating and woodworking only. As these 3 hobbies are faster to level-up (with ghost hunting the fastest)
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: [Tips] Level-up Bonus from Hobbies

Post by katgames »

Wow! Kewl thankies...
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
J0ttyD0tty
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by J0ttyD0tty »

I do the forget and restart for dressmaking as well as although painfully slow to build up they do still get the level up benefits. Keeping them at level 6 doesn't have any advantages as I can see, maybe someone more knowledgeable can confirm if I am correct.
settie
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by settie »

J0ttyD0tty wrote:I do the forget and restart for dressmaking as well as although painfully slow to build up they do still get the level up benefits. Keeping them at level 6 doesn't have any advantages as I can see, maybe someone more knowledgeable can confirm if I am correct.
I don't think I'm very knowledgeable but I'll give this a go. There's not much benefit from keeping them at max level apart from letting them compete in the competition centre.

I do that though I know you earn way more LP/xp/simoleons from completing hobbies consistently. I don't have the time to keep monitoring my game so I use the competition centre instead.
GC: -=[settie]=-
HFN: starter house @ 22 West Side
HH: 1 West Oceanside
Update: Christmas
bmb_SFP
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by bmb_SFP »

J0ttyD0tty wrote:I do the forget and restart for dressmaking as well as although painfully slow to build up they do still get the level up benefits. Keeping them at level 6 doesn't have any advantages as I can see, maybe someone more knowledgeable can confirm if I am correct.
I keep mine at level 6 purely because of the amount they earn. I have 4 and when I have them all on the 4 min task I can earn $20,000+ and xp in an hour. You need to be able to sit there and monitor them though. I have my own community centre where I have 4 woodworking and 4 fashion designing in adjoining rooms plus 2 ghost hunters at my haunted lot and have made over $35,000 plus xp in an hour. I also get quite a few resources that way as well for the islands and lots of xp boosts.
https://www.facebook.com/gayle.hope1

Fire boat at 2 fortune docks with fire pole and hoses. HFN at 1 & 4 West Oceanside with all required items for social goals including pets & fribees! Haunted house at 20 Westside with all ghost hunting items.
enkeli63
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by enkeli63 »

I'm keeping my woodworkers and fashion designers at level 6 also. For woodworking, you should at least complete the collection 3 times (first to unlock the workbench for home, second to get the dog kennel and third to get the foosball table). I think those rewards are quite nice to have anyways ;) Also with fashion designing, you do make a lot of § and xp per hour, but you can also get LP and resource drops fairly often!

I don't mind letting my ghost hunters switch to other hobbies when necessary, because it's so fast to build them up again, but I do keep my primary ghost hunter at level 8 so that the others have a chance to catch any of the ghosts and they don't need to unlock each one themselves.
Facebook: Enkeli Hawk
#1 & #2 Firehouse Road: Haunted House & Neighbors' House
#3 Firehouse Road: Performance Park with 3 Star instruments for teens & activities for all ages
#2 Museum Boulevard has dog with Frisbee
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

enkeli63 wrote:I do keep my primary ghost hunter at level 8 so that the others have a chance to catch any of the ghosts and they don't need to unlock each one themselves.
It doesn't work that way. Once you've unlocked the ghosts, they stay unlocked for ever and for everyone. One sim only needs to do it once. After that, any sim on any level can get any of the ghosts (and the same with the other hobbies).

Also (AFAIK), the amount they earn from the hobbies is the same regardless of their level.

So the OP is good advice. You also get 1LP for reaching level 7, and another 1LP for reaching level 8 ghost hunting.

And preteens can do karate and ballet too. Doing the 30 second "stretch" on a ballet barre, you can get a preteen form nothing all the way up to the highest level in just half an hour or so. The rewards are nowhere near as good as other hobbies though, it just adds to your town value a bit (so you get a slightly higher daily reward).

What I do with my preteen is have him Figure Skating until he reaches level 5, then spend 30mins or so maxing him out on ballet, and then back to skating again.
Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Desiree »

enkeli63 wrote:I'm keeping my woodworkers and fashion designers at level 6 also. For woodworking, you should at least complete the collection 3 times (first to unlock the workbench for home, second to get the dog kennel and third to get the foosball table). I think those rewards are quite nice to have anyways ;) Also with fashion designing, you do make a lot of § and xp per hour, but you can also get LP and resource drops fairly often!

I don't mind letting my ghost hunters switch to other hobbies when necessary, because it's so fast to build them up again, but I do keep my primary ghost hunter at level 8 so that the others have a chance to catch any of the ghosts and they don't need to unlock each one themselves.
I don't think you need to do the woodworking hobby to unlock the foosball table. I didn't have any sims complete the woodworking levels until a couple weeks ago, and I've been able to buy the foosball table for a long time.
2 Divers Way HFN - haunted theme

3 Bliss Drive

please message me if items missing/ blocked

DesireeVSanchez on GC - please mention SFP forum.
---Whatever the current update is
GlendaTheMostGood on Google Play
---Holiday 2016 Update---stuck in time
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

Desiree wrote:I don't think you need to do the woodworking hobby to unlock the foosball table. I didn't have any sims complete the woodworking levels until a couple weeks ago, and I've been able to buy the foosball table for a long time.
It doesn't "unlock" it, you just get one for free.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

settie wrote:
I don't think I'm very knowledgeable but I'll give this a go. There's not much benefit from keeping them at max level apart from letting them compete in the competition centre.

I do that though I know you earn way more LP/xp/simoleons from completing hobbies consistently. I don't have the time to keep monitoring my game so I use the competition centre instead.
I have had no luck at the competition center. The best was my politician who came in second. My figure skater came in fourth....in ballet! My level six fisherman who never does anything else also came in fourth. So I don't think I will be using it.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.