[TIP] to begin faster the actions

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

[TIP] to begin faster the actions

Post by Delphine » 28 Jan 2014, 13:35

It is a small tip a French player (called Galou74 on our forum) told us. I’m sorry if I'm always speaking about our French forum, but it is my second source after this one :mrgreen:
Since I’ve learnt this tip, I use it everytime, it is very convenient. ‘hope you’ll use it too ;) It is a small tip that helps you to accelerate the beginning of actions. I am on iPad but it is also working on Android devices. I don’t have any details about kindle…

The tip is TO OPEN THE TASK BAR WHEN YOU WANT AN ACTION TO STARt FASTER. You can open the task bar by simply swiping up on the display with five fingers (You can also do this with four fingers, but it can be a little fickle at times, so using five fingers is usually best). If you don't have multitasking gestures enabled, you can open the task bar by double-clicking the iPad's home button.

I use it for different useful situations:
- When I send ten Sims gardening at the same time, I open the task bar and they arrive instantly on their plots starting to plant
- When I when to send a Sim at an upper floor (or make the Sim go down on the ground floor). I just click on the object which is upstairs and thanks to the task bar, the Sim teleports there instantly !!
- You can also use it with the reindeer farms as it is more difficult to get the bubbles since the update. You leave a few bubbles on and you open the task bar. Sometimes, it makes appear much more bubbles straight away.

I hope my explanations are clear and will save you a little time when using it ;)
Last edited by Delphine on 20 Apr 2014, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)

ErinPW

Re: [TIP] to begin faster the actions

Post by ErinPW » 28 Jan 2014, 13:53

If your appreciated tips are not found by yourself in your game, it's important to mention the source. No matter, whether it's most time the same :) So there is no need to apologize!

Thanks for all your tips!
Tip: Gather LPs and SPs for the quest and events.

Holiday, 5.34.3
iOS 11.1.2

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View

Bagatelle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Bagatelle » 28 Jan 2014, 13:58

Delphine wrote: I’m sorry if I'm always speaking about our French forum, but it is my second source after this one :mrgreen:
You mean our french forum isn't your first source ???
I'm so disappointed...... :lol: :lol:

More seriously, this is not a glitch, just a tip, but it really changed my way to play....

It's very useful to send my sims gardening when they are 10 on a lot....
And for the stairs..... It's so much easier !!!!!
Sims take soooooooo much time to go upstairs or downstairs..... And all the other sims are blocked and can't use stairs as long as the first one hasn't finished.....

With this tip, every sim goes directly where you want him to go !!

Very, very convenient.... :D
Last edited by Bagatelle on 28 Jan 2014, 14:46, edited 2 times in total.
Facebook account : Bagatelle Dupré (please send a message with SFP or the forum)
Game Center : bagatelle freeplay

HFN : Volcano View (on the right of the volcano)

Sorry for my poor english.... I'm french ! ;)
Happy simming ! :D

JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher » 28 Jan 2014, 14:34

Interesting, I'll have to try this when my Sims are finished their nightly gardening and such. Thanks :)

blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit » 30 Jan 2014, 00:39

Delphine wrote: The tip is TO OPEN THE TASK BAR WHEN YOU WANT AN ACTION TO STAR FASTER. You can open the task bar by simply swiping up on the display with five fingers (You can also do this with four fingers, but it can be a little fickle at times, so using five fingers is usually best). If you don't have multitasking gestures enabled, you can open the task bar by double-clicking the iPad's home button.

I use it for different useful situations:
- When I send ten Sims gardening at the same time, I open the task bar and they arrive instantly on their plots starting to plant
- When I when to send a Sim at an upper floor (or make the Sim go down on the ground floor). I just click on the object which is upstairs and thanks to the task bar, the Sim teleports there instantly !!
- You can also use it with the reindeer farms as it is more difficult to get the bubbles since the update. You leave a few bubbles on and you open the task bar. Sometimes, it makes appear much more bubbles straight away.

I hope my explanations are clear and will save you a little time when using it ;)
When I swipe up on my iPad with four or five fingers I get all of the open applications on the iPad. I have always used this action to force quit an application - like when I can't harvest a crop in SFP! Upon reopening the game I am then able to unglitch and harvest the crop. Apparently I don't know what the "task bar" is! Can you clarify? Thank you for the tip(s). I always find them very useful, and it's lovely to have the connection to the French forum/
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP

blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit » 30 Jan 2014, 00:57

Okay. I feel silly. If I swipe up after I have asked each sim to begin a task, then click on the SFP app again all Sims are immediately doing the task instead of walking there (slowly.) Thank you! This is a truly wonderful tip.
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.

Bagatelle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Bagatelle » 30 Jan 2014, 00:58

That's it !
When you swipe up with five fingers on your screen, you open the "multitask bar" (I don't know if it's the correct name...) and you can see all the apps you used previously.
And when you do that, you simply tap on your screen on the top (because the bar is at the bottom) on the SFP, and you come back to your game, and your sims go directly where you have send them (I'm sorry.... I hope it's clear....)

EDIT : I'm so slow to write.... You have already answered your own question ! :lol:
Facebook account : Bagatelle Dupré (please send a message with SFP or the forum)
Game Center : bagatelle freeplay

HFN : Volcano View (on the right of the volcano)

Sorry for my poor english.... I'm french ! ;)
Happy simming ! :D

SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing » 30 Jan 2014, 01:26

Love this tip!! Thank you so much!! :D
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)

blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit » 30 Jan 2014, 01:47

I also find that my toddlers can bath without their parent present! I start the action for the "quick dip" for the toddler, swipe up, and find the toddler bathing (without water, I think) and the parent able to do other things. :)
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.

babhiemiao29
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by babhiemiao29 » 30 Jan 2014, 03:28

I'm guessing this is only applicable for apple users! :(

Hope there is an equivalent action for android users

TV: 11,307,969
HFN, cat paradise, pet central : In-progress