[GUIDE] Cloud Saves/Restores!

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

[GUIDE] Cloud Saves/Restores!

Post by Perturbee »

The Cloud is a system on Firemonkey's servers that you can use to make a back-up of your save data. We recommend backing-up your game data at least once a week (or when you feel you've made significant progress in the game) to ensure that you always have an up-to-date save file that you can restore should you experience a crash, need to re-sync your device or re-install the app.

Please note that this system is separate to Apple's iCloud system, as it caters for all platforms (iOS and Android).

Q: How do I upload my save data?
To upload your save data to the Cloud, enter the options menu in the Sims FreePlay and then choose the Cloud icon.

You will have an option to upload save data, or download save data from the Cloud if the progress on your device is significantly different to the save file you have on the Cloud. Visiting the Party Boat to collect your daily social rewards will also automatically upload your save data to the Cloud for you too, ensuring that your town's changes are kept up to date on the servers, should your friends want to come and visit you!

If your current save data on the Cloud is up to date with what's on your device, it will let you know in the information window on this screen:

A Facebook or Game Center (Apple only) account is required to access this feature, as your save data will need to be attached to your unique ID number so that you can access it again. Don't worry if you don't have one, the team is investigating more options for this!

Q: How can I transfer my save data to a new device?
You can transfer or restore your previously backed-up data for the Sims FreePlay if you need to upgrade or switch devices as well. Always make sure that you upload your current save data to the Cloud before changing devices. You can then login to the Cloud menu on your new device using the same Facebook or Game Center account that you did to upload it previously and tap "DOWNLOAD SAVE DATA" to transfer the content.

Q: I have devices on different platforms. Can I still transfer my save data between them?
Of course you can! Just make sure that you're using the same Facebook account on both of your devices (Game Center login is iOS only).

Q: How long does my save data stay on the Cloud?
Your save data will be available for up to six months from the time that you uploaded it last. But as mentioned previously, we highly recommend uploading your save data regularly to make sure it's up-to-date!

Source: https://firemonkeys.zendesk.com/entries ... I-lose-it-
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Cloud Restores!

Post by Perturbee »

As seen in the above post, you need a cloud save to be able to restore.
If you've made a sufficient amount of changes, you might see the "Download Save Data" button in the cloud menu.
If you do not have a "Download Sava Data" button, you'll need to reset your game.
[When you move/copy your game to another device with a freshly installed SFP game, you can not reset, choose Download Sava Data instead of starting a New Game. See below.]

Go into the game menu using the (...) button. You'll see the following screen:
Settings_Button.jpg
Tap the one indicated (three dots with three bars). Next tap "Reset Game" and confirm. (Any purchases made after your last cloud save will be lost! However, any non-currency items as shown in the Specials tab of the online store can be retrieved, see the i menu.)
Options.png
Reset_Confirm.jpg
Reset_Confirm.jpg (30.69 KiB) Viewed 51284 times
Your game will restart and you'll be presented with two options, "Start New Game" and "Download Save Data". Obviously you need the bottom one.
Start_Menu-c.png
You'll be asked to log in (Facebook and/or Game Center) and then you'll be shown your last save data.

Download it, confirm and your game is back!