[PIC-GUIDE] Alive Sim's Orb usage!

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [PIC-GUIDE] Alive Sim's Orb usage!

Post by Lenny »

I still don't get the whole orb thing. When I have a senior, who has completed his/her bronze orb, do I have to kill him/her in order to pass the orb to someone else to get in into silver or can I just pass the orb along to a new toddler while keeping the senior alive for the time being?
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Lenny wrote:I still don't get the whole orb thing. When I have a senior, who has completed his/her bronze orb, do I have to kill him/her in order to pass the orb to someone else to get in into silver or can I just pass the orb along to a new toddler while keeping the senior alive for the time being?
Yes, they have to die to leave an orb behind for another Sim to progress it to the next level.
You can only "use" orbs (for pausing or paying for venues) while the Sim is alive. (And obviously also when they've passed away).
2uH2os
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by 2uH2os »

My first platinum Orb
My first platinum Orb
So this means that I can spend it on building etc. or age my toddler and perhaps stop at adult?

Thank you for your excellent guidance!
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

2uH2os wrote: So this means that I can spend it on building etc. or age my toddler and perhaps stop at adult?
You can use the platium orb to pause a Sim. There is no need to give it to a baby. The pausing process uses it up anyway. Your toddler will be working towards a bronze orb after that. (Don't forget to pick a life dream).
2uH2os
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by 2uH2os »

Thank you so much for all you do!
I Will pause at adult. :P
You and all of the members contributors here are the greatest, without this forum I probably would have stopped playing! You all are amazingly.
I will go back to play/explore the castle now, practice archery, and await the pajama quest.
:roll:
Rosie_58
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Rosie_58 »

Is the progression of orbs
Bronze
Silver
Golden
Platinum

Meaning to get a golden orb I need a silver one first and have a sim work toward the golden orb and then use the golden orb to work toward a platinum orb?
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

Rosie_58 wrote:Is the progression of orbs
Bronze
Silver
Golden
Platinum

Meaning to get a golden orb I need a silver one first and have a sim work toward the golden orb and then use the golden orb to work toward a platinum orb?
Exactly :)
Rosie_58
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Rosie_58 »

Thank you for replying kls1st :) Still trying to get my orb buildings built...it is taking foreverrrr!